View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    It's what you said by omission. You tried to fence sit with a lame comment about how stupid I am but what I said was pretty clear. Of course you're free to clarify your position. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time you actually took a concrete position on something, just sniping about how unintelligent everything is.
    You really can't accomplish anything by merely making false claims about what people say. I'd advise against such conduct.
    The Armenian Issue

Ok I'll break it down simply.

Do you think the level of political divisiveness in the country could lead to some bad outcomes we ought to try to avoid? If your answer is yes, then do you have a proposed solution to the problem?

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Sounds pretty fascist tbh
    Not at all. You are free when you are protected agaisnt arbitrary interference of the state, but the law does not diminish your liberty if the law is not arbitrary. In fact,freedom means more than a lack of government. In this case, you are not allowed to spread the virus in public places.As simple as that.

It's nothing new in "fascist" America

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

A city ordinance and federal executive fiat are two entirely different things.

Ok I'll break it down simply.
    Do you think the level of political divisiveness in the country could lead to some bad outcomes we ought to try to avoid? If your answer is yes, then do you have a proposed solution to the problem?
    Of course you can break your tangent down. Political divisiveness certainly leads to bad outcomes. I don't know, however, how to solve the kind of political divisiveness that you present in your comments. The kind of hatred that is visible in your claims, the kind that doesn't really care whether its grounded in reality or not. How do you approach such travesty? There is no winning with that. Thankfully, its not so widespread as people seem to thing. It's just more visible for the noise it makes. I'd perhaps advise a calm approach. Kill them with kindness. People hate that.
    The Armenian Issue

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Trump leaves office with an Approval rating of ~38-39% The lowest since January 2018 but... just a bit lower than his usual 41%-42% despite all the wooha.

As Biden does some weird crap to appease the left wing of his base, saying that he plans to open the route for illegals in 8 years or saying to stop a caravan of Honduras from coming to USA by saying them that ... "you won't be able to enter immediately" the future becomes interesting.

Unless Trump is neutralized he will make as strong candidate in 2024.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 20, 2021 at 03:01 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Praeses

So Biden survived his inauguration. I had "Dies of a stroke mid oath". Typically Trump didn't show up for work, lazy tool that he is.

Well done to the US electing two barely functioning presidents in a row. At least this one isn't a garbage draft dodging nitwit, just a superannuated by-the-numbers apparatchik. No more arse-clown reality TV stars as president please.

Kamala Harris wore a purple coat which is very fitting. I guess this presidency has been about the power of Mitch McConnel running the country from the Senate, moving the US away from public to private control of more and more aspects of US life. Trump was a paper bag for people to hyperventilate into while other people did this work.

In the profitable card-counting syndicate some MIT students ran in the late 20th century the operation to milk the system needed a number of operatives. Trump has been the "gorilla" to distract the gaze, he doesn't need to be good at anything, just loud (oh and he had to get to the table; well rich guys get to the table more easily than most). McConnel has been keeping the count and billionaires have been cashing in. It doesn't matter what happens to Trump, the money has already left the building and the next operation is underway.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    Congratulations to the Americans for getting rid of that piece of trash.
    I am not sure about that. There's a good chance that Trump would be the Republican Candidate for 2024. And if he is, there's a good chance he will win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Also...One final comment. One of the few things that I agreed 100% with Trump on was his executive order that bans federal employees from becoming lobbyists for 5 years after they leave their job. It was a wonderful idea, and a great step in the right direction.

And that er rescinded it last night.
    Drain the swamp indeed.
    That is absolutely hilarious. Well, if he gets convicted he wants to be able to lobby hard.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Of course you can break your tangent down. Political divisiveness certainly leads to bad outcomes. I don't know, however, how to solve the kind of political divisiveness that you present in your comments. The kind of hatred that is visible in your claims, the kind that doesn't really care whether its grounded in reality or not. How do you approach such travesty? There is no winning with that. Thankfully, its not so widespread as people seem to thing. It's just more visible for the noise it makes. I'd perhaps advise a calm approach. Kill them with kindness. People hate that.
    It's funny how those election fraud claims didn't occur until his candidate lost huh? Trump was already lying about election fraud back in 2016, only because he thought he'd lose and then he could use that to grift his cult. Then he had 4 years to address his concerns... except he had no actual concerns and was just making it up to save face for if he lost. He did the same thing in 2020 before the election, only he lost, so he was able to use it to grift his cult. Now they believe a career conman over every judge and election official in the nation. They have fully inserted their self-worth into the idea that they haven't been wrong and they haven't been misled, so of course everything they read that protects their ego must be true.

Why are you assuming what I think without actually asking? I guess it's easier to impute assumptions, but that is something I was recently advised not to do.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Seeing the Qanon idiots melting down across the internet has been very entertaining.

If we could harness rage and confusion into a renewable energy source we could probably power human civilization for at least a decade at this point.

That being said, we need to get these people help before they hurt themselves or others, because 2 weeks ago was not an accident.

I hope Biden's plan includes massive overhauls to public education and mental healthcare access.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I've heard re education camps unironically suggested by some PBS Commisar. As if leftist capture of academia hasn't already been accomplished. Here's a radical idea that just might work, how about pursuing policies that put Americans first?

All you've got is online meltdowns? I'm sad for you, the irl ones are always the best.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 20, 2021 at 04:45 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Trotting out videos from 4 years ago that right wing culture warriors have put on the thumbnail of every inane YouTube video since?

Republicans have become the Uncle Rico of the internet.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Oh you just don't appreciate an oldie but a goodie. For the sake of lulz I can post more recent meltdowns, there's no paucity.

Mate. You're going through the five stages of grief. It's OK, let it come out. We're all here for you. You've had denial, now comes the anger. Soon enough we'll be on to bargaining followed by depression, and then finally acceptance.

I know Trump meant a lot to you all, but he's just a politician. There'll be others. Just you wait. There's plenty more wannabe-fascists in the sea...

Are you talking to me? None of your weak trolling posts have even come close to striking home. You have no idea what my views are apart from what you've somehow transmuted in lazy assumption. Engage me in something actually substantial if you want to score points lol

I'm the mothering walrus.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 20, 2021 at 06:21 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    The 22 years-old Amanda Gorman was recomended by dr. Jill Biden. I can foresee a light at the end of the tunnel.
    You feel hope because a black girl gave a speech? Did you feel the same when Trump kept bringing rappers to the White House to alienate his own voters?

Is this the greatest cope of all time?
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 20, 2021 at 06:32 PM. Reason: OT

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I mean you can find videos online of Trump cultists losing it. One reached the top of Public Freakout on reddit today before being removed by the mods.

While funny, it is a sad indictment of the mental wellbeing of this country when TDS causes these people to act like they lost a child over this whole endeavor, though I imagine for many of them it IS like losing a child since their kids/grandkids probably don't talk to them anymore.

What can you do? Because they are so deep into the cult they can't even see where they are.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I mean, evidently to people posting here I fall into the exact category you describe and yet... I'm basically fine. I got irked about gas prices increasing ten cents from the last time I filled up. Let's also not confuse the TDS term. Trump deangement syndrome refers to the left's breathless and hysterical reaction to whatever Trump tweeted that say. I will not allow you to appropriate that term. Your side of the aisle can't contain themselves. If they can't just publish blatant, unsubstantiated lies they dress up in fictional garb and virtue signal like a gaggle of idiots. https://youtu.be/1WJQ2GAVaxA

No surprise now that your preferred douchebag is in power you've reverted to being oh sooo careful and deliberate about the "" truth""
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 20, 2021 at 06:43 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I mean you can find videos online of Trump cultists losing it. One reached the top of Public Freakout on reddit today before being removed by the mods.

While funny, it is a sad indictment of the mental wellbeing of this country when TDS causes these people to act like they lost a child over this whole endeavor, though I imagine for many of them it IS like losing a child since their kids/grandkids probably don't talk to them anymore.

What can you do? Because they are so deep into the cult they can't even see where they are.
    Given the hindsight that Trump is a cope. Why is it that Biden is not also a cope? I think that Biden is more competent than Trump but what was even accomplished? Instead of empty rhetoric, I want Biden to give some policy. Trump couldn't do that for several reasons, Biden doesn't have the same limitations... But I don't think Biden will actually go through with much of it, at least not to a significant level.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō