View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I don't think the Republicans are brave enough to convict him at this point at risk of angering Ya'll Qaeda, but if they drop the conviction on his head only to rid themselves of his toxicity to their brand at least it will be something.

Cowardly at this point. But something.

McConnell's words this morning (afternoon?) obviously felt like a green light to the rest of the Senate Republicans so we will see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: That dumb child that stole Pelosi's laptop has been detained, joining dozens of other "PaTrIoTs" who threw their lives away for Trump and their cult.

I cannot imagine why anyone would think he is worth it, but I hope they are happy.

The last four years has proven we need a severe education and mental health overhaul if we are meant to survive as a country.
    It has nothing to do with "bravery". It's political maneuvering. The Democrats are currently drunk on power and hubris; in their rush to impeach, they don't appear to have considered that ridding the GOP of Trump could be a significant strategic blunder.

Secondly, the suggestion that "dumb children" pose a threat to America's survival is self-refuting.

Senator

@cope: even those dump children have Access to a lot of weaponry.

If there's one thing we can count on the GOP to do, it is to be spineless.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Totally... he has already signalled that it would be a conscience vote (read: vote in the way that keeps your seat red), and that he wont whip the party.

What I find fascinating is that he is openly stating that Trump wasn't the only one who caused the fiasco. Like I said, he's a deliberate speaker. This means he sees that there is a future in going up against the Trumpish* faction - because this position really does expose him to increased RINO chants.

(*I say Trumpish because this faction is really those who want to replace Trump without confrontation with him, rather than those who actually support him)
    I think his statement is characteristic in that it’s all about plausible deniability. To Trumpists, he can point to “others in power” and an omission of explicit condemnation (pinning the blame on Trump, not Trump supporters). To moderates, he can signal a principled stance to condemn Trump and leave open the road to a Democrat-run impeachment trial. Classic Mitch triangulation.

I think it may work out for the GOP in the end, if only because the Senate map favors the party under normal circumstances, and because conservative voters still have nowhere else to go. Even if Trump manages to avoid legal consequences, he lacks the discipline, drive and infrastructure to form his own political machine without the GOP, and his kids are morons. His only political role from this point would be as an antagonist to the Republican establishment, which, granted, could do plenty of damage on his own. On the other hand, the Democrats are great at self-sabotage thanks to cynical pandering to their most radical constituencies, which cost them seats in the House and will probably continue to be a net liability in any national electoral situation going forward.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Watching Bidens inaguration. Watching hundreds of grim faced, mask wearing soldiers preside over events has me convinced the election results were incontrovertible. It was such a secure election we need a military occupation to ensure nobody challenges it.

Everything is so quiet and deserted in DC lmao. The optics are so bad. Zero enthusiasm

Senator

So you are complaining about masks, that have to be Used because the government has failed the nation in the fight against Corona?

Your complaining about soldiers, that have to protect because of a mob that has be ingnitet by this orange manchild with doubts about an election, doubts that you are voicing here again?

Hypocrisis at its best.

This is the part where I remind you the only politician shot by a radical extremist over the past four years was a Republican. But yes, masks are retarded and clearly have done nothing to help and the government has failed the people over the entire course of the plandemic.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It brings me such joy to see people still throwing a tantrum over losing.

It's clear who has never been told "NO" in their whole life.

Can we put this thread out of its misery now?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to the Americans for getting rid of that piece of trash.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    Congratulations to the Americans for getting rid of that piece of trash.

Thank you, but realistically it's more like we took out one bag of trash long after the stench became permanent. We need a deep clean now.

Also...One final comment. One of the few things that I agreed 100% with Trump on was his executive order that bans federal employees from becoming lobbyists for 5 years after they leave their job. It was a wonderful idea, and a great step in the right direction.

And that er rescinded it last night.

Drain the swamp indeed.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; January 20, 2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Bans, not mans
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Thus ends an embarrassing chapter in U.S. history. I hope there's a hangover period where Trump supporters realize just how idiotic they've been the past 4 years.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Let the neolib clown show begin. Sleepy Joe will usher in a recession, open the doors to globalism and mass immigration, shrink the job market, stifle small businesses with red tape, and bring us back to the table of the climate Apocalypse cult where we will sell out to china and russia. Planned parenthood is frothing at the mouth over all the gibs they're about to get. Time to return to normal. Does anyone want to predict how many fruitless wars he will start now, or should we save it till the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Let the neolib clown show begin. Sleepy Joe will usher in a recession, open the doors to globalism and mass immigration, shrink the job market, stifle small businesses with red tape, and bring us back to the table of the climate Apocalypse cult where we will sell out to china and russia. Planned parenthood is frothing at the mouth over all the gibs they're about to get. Time to return to normal. Does anyone want to predict how many fruitless wars he will start now, or should we save it till the end?
    One of the things I've never understood is the concept of going all out for a politician. I cannot fathom becoming a cult-like acolyte of anyone, let alone Trump. I mean really? Trump? THAT'S the guy you want to become your God Emperor? If by this point you cannot see the bloke's massive defects and personality flaws then there really is no hope for you...
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 20, 2021 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Disruptive.

You're the only one mentioning Trump lol. I did notice you didn't actually disagree with anything I posted, you just started spewing orange man bad/trump supporters stupid/npc noises. INTERESTING.

Without mentioning Trump, tell me why you like Biden.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

I heard this statement echoed quite a bit over the last few days in interviews with dyed-in-the-wool trump supporters. I assume it's a narrative going around in social media and other alternative messaging groups.

There are a lot of court cases there, so you might find there are a lot of different answers to your request.

But for a majority... if you're looking or presentations of evidence, as a general rule, the onus is on the petitioner or plaintiff to provide evidence of their claims. An election result is considered valid until evidence is provided that it is not, not the other way around. It seems to me that there was insufficient justification in most cases for there to even be a case for the courts to hear, And in a litigious society like the United States, that's a fairly low bar to reach. And where cases were heard, the evidence provided was either insufficient, or substandard.

There were a small few exceptions, and those cases did all the way of Trump's legal team.

So nobody has to provide evidence to you, and you're going to have to be happy with that.
    So there are no transcripts. That means no court cases. Which means no evidence was allowed to be presented in a court of law.

And, btw, I don't do social media.

Ever the pragmatist... The day Trump leaves office... McConnell get's specific.

https://apnews.com/article/mcconnell...c46ed364ad6de6

“The mob was fed lies,” McConnell said. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like.”

McConnell is a very deliberate speaker. He rarely says anything that doesn't convey weight. In that respect, I have highlighted what I think are the important signposts for the GOP moving forward. McConnell has picked his side, and made clear his position is that the other side doesn't have legitimacy.
    McConnell just flipped back to his original position as an anti-Trumper.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    It does not work that way. Trump and his people were screaming election fraud. It's on them to prove it.

Go ahead and present your evidence here proving election fraud and how Trump really won.
    Hmmm, you seem to think that it is an easy thing to prove fraud when evidence is not allowed to be presented.

As far as I'm concerned, I already presented evidence here. You just didn't look at it it.

Don't like it? Go create your own court system.

It will be fun to watch this self-destructively pathetic mentality that is a result of selling out every little piece of principle crumble bit by bit in hysterical outbursts.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    It will be fun to watch this self-destructively pathetic mentality that is a result of selling out every little piece of principle crumble bit by bit in hysterical outbursts.
    The tolerant left everyone. Lmao, how maniacal. I think if there's a self destructive mentality going around resulting in selling out principles it starts with statements like this. Pure, unadulterated hatred.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Well I mean if that is your aim why wouldn't you actually want Sleepy Joe to win?

Given all that has happened since 2013, now throw in any potential foreign conflicts, and the economy teetering, America is going to .

But it doesn't matter who actually wins elections because either way USA is going to be overrun by Hispanics. Which both the DNC and GOP will try to adapt to win those votes. It isn't like Hispanics wouldn't try to change America once they become a significant demographic. If the recent waves of immigration look bad imagine what USA and Europe will look like within the next 100 years. There is going to be a lot more migration, and quite possibly individual waves that are far larger than the recent ones.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

My concerns over immigration are purely economic. I don't really care about demographics. The sooner we are all more or less the same shade of brown the better I think so we can stop obsessing over something so irrelevant. That being said, his appeal was not being orange man. Anecdotally I have not been able to find too many people who could actually give me concrete reasons why they preferred him over Trump. The most common response was some sort of vague appeal to emotion. At least he is already walking back basically all of his pandering to the far lefties. BLM left out in the cold during his civil rights meeting and they are SEETHING.