View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 59 of 201 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    But Democrats didn't break any laws, so they have nothing to worry about, isn't that the narrative?
    I just find it amusing how Dems claim to be pure and honest, but throw a fit when someone intends to merely investigate them.
    Then investigate the Republicans too. Fair is fair, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Then investigate the Republicans too. Fair is fair, right?
    Republicans spent the past 4 years under microscope, and since nothing bad on them was found they are just acting all smug. When Democrats are in the same situation, they start panicking and throwing tantrums. The difference in behavior of both parties is quite telling. Otherwise why get so upset over Assange helping expose illegal activity? Shouldn't Democrats be all for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Though, they'll probably just push a new one through before then.
    I doubt they have the votes for it. Romney, Collins and Murkowski are definite No's. Grassley is a probable No. Graham is a possible No, as well.
    Last edited by Prodromos; September 18, 2020 at 07:34 PM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

delete please

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    I doubt they have the votes for it. Romney, Collins and Murkowski are definite No's. Grassley is a probable No. Graham is a possible No, as well.
    Yep i don't see a someone being nominated until after the election is over.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The writers of 2020 really are pulling out all the stops aren't they?
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

I'm not sure how often you read obits of major society players, but they're usually like that.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Yep i don't see a someone being nominated until after the election is over.
    I do. They simply hold the vote after the election.

I do. They simply hold the vote after the election.
    That would be an interesting dynamic not only in the Presidential election, but in certain close Senate races. They certainly wouldn't have hearings until after the election I don't think. I can picture the questions that would come up in South Carolina, one of the more unexpectedly close races.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I agree with the sentiment. If McConnell gets the seat filled, and Dems win the House, Senate, and the White House, then it's time for total war. Kid gloves off. Unfortunately, I don't think Biden and the rest of moderate Dems have the stomach for it. Dem. Senators from swing states and South would knee-cap it.

I agree with the sentiment. If McConnell gets the seat filled, and Dems win the House, Senate, and the White House, then it's time for total war. Kid gloves off. Unfortunately, I don't think Biden and the rest of moderate Dems have the stomach for it. Dem. Senators from swing states and South would knee-cap it.
    The moderate camp Democrats certainly don't have the stomach for it and the far left threatening that position is an excellent talking point for the right. Threatening more riots while a segment of your party is still rioting in cities at the moment isn't a great look. Pelosi knows it and that's why she condemned them a couple days ago. Radicals in the party are going to threaten violence and drive turnout for Republicans.

If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire ing thing down. - Reza Aslan

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status...07507131875330

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    The moderate camp Democrats certainly don't have the stomach for it and the far left threatening that position is an excellent talking point for the right. Threatening more riots while a segment of your party is still rioting in cities at the moment isn't a great look. Pelosi knows it and that's why she condemned them a couple days ago. Radicals in the party are going to threaten violence and drive turnout for Republicans.

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status...07507131875330
    Aside from the fact that you are taking his words quite literally, what political office does Reza Aslan hold?

Aside from the fact that you are taking his words quite literally, what political office does Reza Aslan hold?
    They represent the anger I've read from the left on social networks; especially those who think RGB should've stepped during the Obama administration. Those words will be echoed a lot more vocally when the nomination process starts.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    They represent the anger I've read from the left on social networks; especially those who think RGB should've stepped during the Obama administration. Those words will be echoed a lot more vocally when the nomination process starts.
    The anger that manifested itself in a relatively foolproof metaphor? Tell me, was Reza Aslan suggesting we burn down Wall Street, the White House, and the Capitol building? Or was he perhaps alluding to something more straightforward, like political activity?

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    Kamala Harris was never a judge. She was the District Attorney of San Francisco, then the Attorney General of California. Very different job. This was from a death row review during her time as Attorney General, where the governor also refused to allow DNA testing or advanced hair testing....It also shows that Harris regretted it by the time she became Senator
    Ye, was going from memory when I said Judge; it's been a while since I read the reports regarding Harris. But nevertheless, the point stands -she was accused of opposing DNA evidence for a death row inmate. She blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. The guy came within hours of execution.
    Ye, I bet she regretted it...after all she needed the votes...

So Trump is going up against a senile old man with onset of dementia and a corrupt District Attorney. I think if Trump's camp just runs the ads of Joe's many 'sundowners' moments it will probably win them the election without having to do anything else. Those clips of Joe's 'sundowners' moments tell a thousand words....Joe is not fit to be President!
    Last edited by Stario; September 19, 2020 at 08:07 AM.

Sorry Stario, but parroting Russian talking points won't save Trump from what's coming. He's going to lose and flee the country in disgrace and there's nothing you can do about it.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

I don't have to parrot anybody. Joe's many 'sundowner' moments are right there for all to see on google/youtube etc. The man is clearly cognitively not there anymore...all Trump's camp needs to do is run those clips in their ad campaigns as many times as possible between now and the election & they stand a very good chance of winning on that alone (not to mention the 'Harris stuff' for the icing).

History repeating- Trump has never gotten any real opponents. With Hillary the whole world knew she was evil...this time Trump's running against a senile old man.
    Last edited by Stario; September 19, 2020 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    History repeating- Trump has never gotten any real opponents. With Hillary the whole world knew she was evil...this time Trump's running against a senile old man.
    That selling line went so well for him at the town halls that Trump talked himself into the ground for lack of preparation with voters not necessarily pre-decided and Biden stepped over the bar that the Trump campaign had pushed so low it was laughable. Look, you might want to stop parroting this one.

Or not. Your choice.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

I have been (occasionally) reading Bob Woodard's Rage. Brief but interesting excerpt,

Trump called me at home about 9:00 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2020.
    (...) Trump said, “but you know, it’s a very tricky situation.” What made it “tricky”? “It goes through air,” Trump said. “That’s always tougher than the touch. You don’t have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus...
    (...) In our call, Trump had surprising detail about the virus. Trump continued, “Pretty amazing. This is more deadly” than the flu, maybe five times more so. “This is deadly stuff,” Trump repeated. He praised President Xi. “I think he’s going to do a good job. He built a number of hospitals in record-setting time. They know what they’re doing. They’re very organized. And we’ll see. We’re working with them. And the relationship is very good. Much better than before.
    Go figure!
    ----
    Another interesting passage,

(...)If Kushner could not find a Middle East peace plan, “nobody can,” Trump said. Kushner didn’t.
    He presented four or five versions of his plans to Tillerson, who increasingly voiced skepticism. On one version Kushner proposed Israel take the Jordan Valley, a 65-mile-long tract of land along the border between Jordan to the east and Israel—including much of the West Bank—to the west.

“That’ll never fly,” Tillerson told him. So out it came, only to go back in the plan later. Tillerson thought Kushner relied too much on economic development and ignored all the hard issues between Israel and Palestine.

“If you make the economic benefits big enough,” Kushner argued, “people will say yes.” Money was the key, just pump money. Trump talked that way also.

Tillerson told Kushner he did not understand the history. “These people are not going to care about your money,” he said. “Or they’ll take your money and five years from now, you’ll be right back where you are today. That’s not going to buy you peace.”

Kushner strongly disputes this and believes he developed an original, balanced plan for peace between Israel and the Palestinians. He concluded Tillerson was not up to the job of being secretary of state and resented Kushner’s 20-year relationship with Israeli prime minister Netanyahu.

For his part, Tillerson thought Kushner’s dealings with Netanyahu were “nauseating to watch. It was stomach churning.”
    Last edited by Ludicus; September 19, 2020 at 09:48 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

He is golden:

The Armenian Issue