View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

    33 43.42%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

    36 47.37%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

    4 5.26%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

    0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

    3 3.95%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

  1. #2821
    Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,981

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    The Conservative Future Requires Optimism and Confidence - John Bolton

    Good read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I miss the days when national politics wasn't so chaotic that I could ignore it for years on end.
    Those were the days.
    Last edited by pacifism; December 03, 2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: off-topic
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  2. #2822
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    There still lots of developments taking place. Another lawsuit in Michigan concerning voter fraud:

    https://pjmedia.com/election/tyler-o...laims-n1181826

    And today a Michigan senate hearing is investigating voter fraud. There are so many affidavits that each person is only given 3 minutes to talk. I caught a few minutes of it. One of the people who spoke actually was trained by Dominion. What she said was pretty shocking.

    Additionally, Trump's campaign is going to speak to the Michigan legislature; I think it's supposed to happen tomorrow.

    What's happened to "no evidence"? It is becoming obvious why there was such a rush to certify the election.

  3. #2823
    Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,688

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Not dramatic, just accurate.

    Again, these “trained Marxists” are...
    It seems that you worry a lot about some young and excited marxist theorists. Durão Barroso,ex- President of the European Commission, currently serving as non-executive Chairman of Goldman Sachs International, and now President of the Global Alliance for Vaccines, is a former communist of the Chinese Maoist variety.
    Nowadays, you know, modern communists stopped eating babies at breakfast.
    In fact here, here they are respected, even by their enemies. To avoid the fate of other Marxist movements in southern Europe, they adapted to modernity. Here, in 2015, a Socialist government come to power propped up by Communists and the Left Bloc,turning the page of austerity.
    Right now, the Socialist Party is poised to continue leading the government for another four years. The new Budget/2021 bets on a steep rise in public investment to relaunch growth of the economy, while also increasing subsidies and pensions.The budget plans delivered to the European Commission show that the budget deficit is one of the lowest in the Eurozone,so it plans to have a shorter fiscal stimulus than most European countries in 2021, and maintaining investor confidence. In fact, debt interest rates have been renewing historic lows in recent weeks,and the10-year treasury bonds interest traded last week at negative interest rates on the secondary market, at -0,01%.
    Not bad at all for a “marxist” country...
    And you know? nearly every European nation has signed and ratified the European Social Charter The section on health care casts health care as a right. In the “land of free-for-all”,Medicare for All is stigmatised as "socialized” medicine.
    Are we doomed here? let's see: In2016, the US was downgraded from a full democracy to a flawed democracy. This little, insignificant, "marxist" (no, its not) country is a full democracy.https://sites.uci.edu/energyobserver...47D697C826.png
    In the world press freedom index, US is n. 45. This little,insignificant "marxist" country is n 10. 2020World Press Freedom Index.
    In the WHO’s ranking of the world's health systems,the US is n. 37. This little, insignificant "marxist" country is n.12. The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health
    More?
    The GPI is the world's leading measure of global peacefulness. This little, insignificant "marxist" country is in the top 3 of the 2020 GlobalPeace Index, the ranking of the safest countries in the world, beaten only by Iceland and New Zealand. The most powerful country in world is n. 121.
    More?
    According to a report published yesderday by the European Commission, this“marxist” country is the European Union (EU) country closest to reach its climate emission reduction targets by 2030, compared to2005 levels and will exceed by 23% the target set by the European Commission for 2030(a 17% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to 2005 levels), reaching a 40% decline in emissions.
    More?
    Forbes Magazine ranked the best countries to live after the outbreak of COVID-19 and placed this little ”marxist” country – the third safest country in the world- at the top of the list.
    ------
    ------
    What I'm trying to say: Democratic debate between progressives and centrists brought America the New Deal, Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, and the Affordable Care Act.
    And don’t worry,Legio. Progressist strategist Jonathan Tasini said, "Biden is going to select people who he is comfortable with and who align with his ideology.That’s just a fact.”
    Maybe you should worry more about some right wing Hitler’s disciples.
    Pastor Urges Trump Admin to 'Shoot' Democrats, Journalists if ...
    Rick Wiles, the senior pastor of the Flowing Streams Church in Florida,said that President DonaldTrump's administration should "start shooting" Democrats and members of the media in firing squads if it turns out they conspired to rig the presidential election.
    "The Democrats, the news media—if the leftists, if scientists,professors have been working secretly with the Chinese Communist Party," Wiles continued, "then line 'em up against the wall and shoot them. That's what you do with them."
    These guys are crazy.
    Last edited by Ludicus; December 01, 2020 at 01:27 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

    Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

  4. #2824
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Ah yes...Michigan.

    Home of the now infamous Edison county, where 100% of the votes at one point went to Biden.

    Weirdly enough, now that they are getting laughed out of the courts, they are trying to muddy the waters even more with this "hearing". At least this one is actually official, unlike that farce that happened in PA where Trump called in and whined and cried to the people.

    What a strong, classy guy you support. Can't take the L, so he has to keep whining, crying, and blubbering because the country rejected him.

    Maybe you guys should keep donating. I mean, what's 150 million dollars? Why not convince the rubes to throw in another 50 million more?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9f8_story.html

    That campaign is laughing all the way to the bank while his gullible base is emptying their pockets for him...Maybe he is a church after all.



    Also..Trump's most loyal lackey just announced today that they have not found any substantial evidence of voter/election fraud.

    https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/no...iam-barr-says/

    https://www.fox13news.com/news/barr-...ection-outcome

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com

    This can only mean one thing of course:

    Attorney General William Barr is a part of the Deep State!
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 01, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  5. #2825

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    What's happened to "no evidence"? It is becoming obvious why there was such a rush to certify the election.
    It turned out to be accurate. Though some investigations yielded fraud in favor of Trump while some recounts revealed more votes for Biden. It turned out to be an utter embarrassment for Republicans.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  6. #2826
    Praefectus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,801

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    That's a decent article: I don't like the guy but his case is sound. Biden seems an anti-Trump in many ways, including that he will lack centralised control due to age and infirmity. A clear opposition voice will keep his worst members more honest than they would like.

    Is the voice of the "opposition" in the US complicated by the asymmetry in offices? Congress has a natural seeming (well at least familiar to me) binary, but the Hill/White House dynamic has nuances I don't get at all. Obama and Clinton both got business done despite a "hostile" Congress, Carter and Trump had less comfortable relations even with nominally friendly ones.

    Yeah mate I'm gonna need you and John Bolton to stop posting well reasoned stuff I agree with, I prefer a shrill strawman opponent who posts nonsense i can dismiss and ignore thanks.
    Last edited by pacifism; December 03, 2020 at 04:07 PM. Reason: continuity
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

  7. #2827

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Attorney General William Barr is a part of the Deep State!
    Breitbart is going insane, they want to throw Barr in Gitmo and execute everyone in the FBI.

    It's hilarious that Trump supporters can't tell they are being so obviously scammed; all this so called evidence and Trump's lawyers won't use it, and nobody is cashing in on the 1 million dollar offer for proof.

  8. #2828

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    What's happened to "no evidence"?
    Seems they're beginning to switch from that to "unproven claims" haha

    Wonder how that will evolve in a month.
    - "There's no evidence of voter fraud!"
    - "Okay there's fraud but there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud!"
    - "Okay there's evidence but it's unproven!"
    - "Okay there's proof but there's no evidence it swung the election!"
    - "Okay maybe it swung the election but do we really want to change it at this point?"
    - "C'mon man!"
    - "Trananashabadeprezure"
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson


    In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

  9. #2829

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Seems they're beginning to switch from that to "unproven claims" haha

    Wonder how that will evolve in a month.
    - "There's no evidence of voter fraud!"
    - "Okay there's fraud but there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud!"
    - "Okay there's evidence but it's unproven!"
    - "Okay there's proof but there's no evidence it swung the election!"
    - "Okay maybe it swung the election but do we really want to change it at this point?"
    - "C'mon man!"
    - "Trananashabadeprezure"
    You can literally find voter fraud every election. BW is kinda taking Basil's place from 2012. It's not that shocking that voter fraud has happened. Go google it for the year. You really need some serious to change results. 20k votes in Wisconsin, 10k+ votes in Arizona, 50k votes in Pennsylvania. 150k!!! in Michigan. Unless you think there are that many independent cases of voter fraud...

    At that point it's more election fraud than voter fraud.

    Hence, why, Barr is not that interested as a federal crime and is sitting back and watching the cases without legit evidence get laughed the hell out of court.

    It's always easier to run a legit campaign than run election fraud across 10 states. The argument trying to be made is, "Statistically they typically vote republican!!!" Well, so what. It's totally legal to vote split-ticket. If you don't like it...pass a law and watch the law get thrown out.
    Last edited by Gaidin; December 01, 2020 at 06:24 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  10. #2830
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Seems they're beginning to switch from that to "unproven claims" haha

    Wonder how that will evolve in a month.
    - "There's no evidence of voter fraud!"
    - "Okay there's fraud but there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud!"
    - "Okay there's evidence but it's unproven!"
    - "Okay there's proof but there's no evidence it swung the election!"
    - "Okay maybe it swung the election but do we really want to change it at this point?"
    - "C'mon man!"
    - "Trananashabadeprezure"
    It appears that's the plan.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Ah yes...Michigan.

    Home of the now infamous Edison county, where 100% of the votes at one point went to Biden.

    Weirdly enough, now that they are getting laughed out of the courts, they are trying to muddy the waters even more with this "hearing". At least this one is actually official, unlike that farce that happened in PA where Trump called in and whined and cried to the people.

    What a strong, classy guy you support. Can't take the L, so he has to keep whining, crying, and blubbering because the country rejected him.

    Maybe you guys should keep donating. I mean, what's 150 million dollars? Why not convince the rubes to throw in another 50 million more?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9f8_story.html

    That campaign is laughing all the way to the bank while his gullible base is emptying their pockets for him...Maybe he is a church after all.



    Also..Trump's most loyal lackey just announced today that they have not found any substantial evidence of voter/election fraud.

    https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/no...iam-barr-says/

    https://www.fox13news.com/news/barr-...ection-outcome

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com

    This can only mean one thing of course:

    Attorney General William Barr is a part of the Deep State!
    First of all, I wouldn't put much stock in the Detroit News. I watched the Michigan Senate hearing today and there was someone from a Township that sounded a lot like that.

    As far as Barr is concerned I wasn't going to read the Breitbart article, but since you mentioned it I took a look at it. Barr's operative word was "yet". The only information I could find stated that they only started looking Saturday. Anyway, the FBI/DOJ would only be looking for federal law violations and most of the election laws are state laws. Additionally, Barr indicated that the FBI/DOj wasn't particularly looking to fix state law violations. They haven't, in fact, examined any voting machines.

    I've watched over 15 hours of testimony that were given in Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Michigan. One of the people who testified in Michigan today was a black woman who served for 29 years in the State Of Michigan's lection office under various Sec.'s of State. She was also a poll watcher in this years election. She not only stated fraud was conducted, but how it was done, where it was done, and who the people were who were doing it.

    One Democrat Senator decided he would try to discredit her by asking a cute question. Big Mistake! She was undoubtedly the smartest person in the room and when she finished talking one woman in the room nominated her for Secretary of State. Her testimony was incredible. It was, in a word, great TV.

  11. #2831
    Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    49,452
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.

    - William Barr, Trump appointed US General Attorney
    I do hope I will get old enough to find out if that sentence will achieve similar hallmark status as this one:

    Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last?

    - Joseph Welsh, Army patrician special counsel
    The latter being credited to herald the beginning of the end of an equally unsavory and highly disruptive\divisive period of US politics with bone chilling similarities. Too vague? See here.




  12. #2832
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Hmmm, I recall all the giddiness and laughter here about the fact that Trump's team spent 3 million on a vote recount that actually gave Biden 87 more votes. Well, it turns out that it might prove to be what gives Trump the state of Wisconsin, if they follow state law.

    The recount was actually an audit, as required by Wisconsin state law. What Trump's team discovered is that over 200,000 votes were sent in without a written request, which is illegal in the state; meaning those votes by law have to be thrown out:


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jja...fDPUA&index=17

    So, we'll have to see how it goes.

  13. #2833
    Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    49,452
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    What Trump's team discovered is that over 200,000 votes were sent in without a written request, which is illegal in the state; meaning those votes by law have to be thrown out
    I am rather dumb when it comes to the finer stuff in the US voting regulations (and not a fan of vlogs by supporters in general) so could you explain why you need a request to send your vote in?
    A link to the relevant regulation would be nice as well.

    Edit: A search got me this, that the issue? It's certainly not 200K but otherwise the shoe seems to fit.
    His team on Friday sought to have ballots discarded where election clerks filled in missing address information on the certification envelope where the ballot is inserted; any absentee ballot where a voter declared themselves to be “indefinitely confined” under the law; and any absentee ballot where there was not a written application on file, including roughly 69,000 that were cast in-person during the two weeks before Election Day.
    Not sure how that can hold up for the ballots that were cast in person (no figure given here for the other 'violating' ballots so I won't speculate on it's effect or whether they actually exist). Or do you need a written request when casting in person as well? I was under the impression that's not the case, rather a cross check is done if you are eligible to vote\get a ballot to cast your vote? Reminiscent of a 'walk in' versus coming with a 'reservation' I would think - still need to confirm that a table is available.

    I'll refrain to put an adjective to the attempt to disenfranchise the entire prison population of the state.

    Edit2: that was Friday's news and Wisconsin votes got certified on Monday I believe, same date as the linked youtube video - what am I missing here?
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 02, 2020 at 01:36 AM.




  14. #2834
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am rather dumb when it comes to the finer stuff in the US voting regulations (and not a fan of vlogs by supporters in general) so could you explain why you need a request to send your vote in?
    A link to the relevant regulation would be nice as well.

    Edit: A search got me this, that the issue? It's certainly not 200K but otherwise the shoe seems to fit.
    Not sure how that can hold up for the ballots that were cast in person (no figure given here for the other 'violating' ballots so I won't speculate on it's effect or whether they actually exist). Or do you need a written request when casting in person as well? I was under the impression that's not the case, rather a cross check is done if you are eligible to vote\get a ballot to cast your vote? Reminiscent of a 'walk in' versus coming with a 'reservation' I would think - still need to confirm that a table is available.

    I'll refrain to put an adjective to the attempt to disenfranchise the entire prison population of the state.

    Edit2: that was Friday's news and Wisconsin votes got certified on Monday I believe - what am I missing here?
    The lawsuit I was referring to was filed today. The lawsuit you're referring to ( Nov. 20) was a delaying tactic to gain time for discovery. It might be the one demanding the recount. Anyway, it is against the law in Wisconsin to vote with a mail-in ballot if you did not request one in writing. This was done to prevent voter fraud.

    And since you obviously don't know, every state has its own election laws; thus so many different suits because they all have to be addressed.

    ...

    Democrats say "it's time for unity":

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMg6UpAp8k4
    Last edited by B. W.; December 02, 2020 at 01:41 AM.

  15. #2835
    Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    49,452
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The lawsuit I was referring to was filed today. The lawsuit you're referring to ( Nov. 20) was a delaying tactic to gain time for discovery. It might be the one demanding the recount. Anyway, it is against the law in Wisconsin to vote with a mail-in ballot if you did not request one in writing. This was done to prevent voter fraud.

    And since you obviously don't know, every state has its own election laws; thus so many different suits because they all have to be addressed.
    Well, let's see if they come up with pertinent facts this time (I am not holding my breath), my reservation with regards to the cast-in-person ballots remains even in view of the regulation\law. Any idea since when that law is in effect in Wisconsin?

    One would have thought that a nation wide election has nation wide rules - but then there is ample proof lately that 'nation wide' isn't exactly a strong suit of the US when it comes to the application of anything. Lawyer's must be laughing their butts off all the way to the bank: one complaint, 50 potential lawsuits?

    Edit: I am guessing the Wisconsin issue is a spin off\new angle from this matter also from that Friday. Which means it would be hanging on the issue whether the automated system did generate the e-mails it was supposed to AFTER the request was made by the voter. Apparently it did:
    Knudson said Friday he was surprised when he was told the system no longer generates e-mails, saying such a situation would amount to a “disaster” that could endanger the ballots of voters who hadn’t done anything wrong. He said he was relieved Friday to learn that emails are generated for each request.
    I guess this link from today is a tad more informative then the fan vlog. See last paragraph re the Friday spin off I mentioned.
    The categories of ballots the Trump campaign says are “illegal,” however, have all been deemed legal and valid by municipal, county and state authorities, and are categories of ballots that have been cast without issue in many previous elections. The Trump campaign is brushing that aside, however, and seeking to void those ballots after they’ve been cast.

    All of the practices the campaign rejects have also been used in counties across the state, yet the campaign is focusing only on the two counties with Wisconsin’s largest sources of Democratic votes.

    The Trump campaign wants the court to throw out at least 170,140 absentee ballots the campaign believes were improperly counted because they were issued without the elector having first submitted a written application.
    In my opinion the case is solely based on a 'written' request, eg a physical, personal application, thereby attempting to totally ignore that the process is done electronically and fully verified for a number of elections already in all of Wisconsin's counties. Don't think that will go down well with the judges.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 02, 2020 at 04:27 AM. Reason: bloody grammar




  16. #2836
    priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Don't think that will go down well with the judges.
    As with most of Trump's lawsuits.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

  17. #2837
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,300

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    It seems that you worry a lot about some young and excited marxist theorists. Durão Barroso,ex- President of the European Commission, currently serving as non-executive Chairman of Goldman Sachs International, and now President of the Global Alliance for Vaccines, is a former communist of the Chinese Maoist variety.
    Nowadays, you know, modern communists stopped eating babies at breakfast.
    In fact here, here they are respected, even by their enemies. To avoid the fate of other Marxist movements in southern Europe, they adapted to modernity. Here, in 2015, a Socialist government come to power propped up by Communists and the Left Bloc,turning the page of austerity.
    Right now, the Socialist Party is poised to continue leading the government for another four years. The new Budget/2021 bets on a steep rise in public investment to relaunch growth of the economy, while also increasing subsidies and pensions.The budget plans delivered to the European Commission show that the budget deficit is one of the lowest in the Eurozone,so it plans to have a shorter fiscal stimulus than most European countries in 2021, and maintaining investor confidence. In fact, debt interest rates have been renewing historic lows in recent weeks,and the10-year treasury bonds interest traded last week at negative interest rates on the secondary market, at -0,01%.
    Not bad at all for a “marxist” country...
    And you know? nearly every European nation has signed and ratified the European Social Charter The section on health care casts health care as a right. In the “land of free-for-all”,Medicare for All is stigmatised as "socialized” medicine.
    Are we doomed here? let's see: In2016, the US was downgraded from a full democracy to a flawed democracy. This little, insignificant, "marxist" (no, its not) country is a full democracy.https://sites.uci.edu/energyobserver...47D697C826.png
    In the world press freedom index, US is n. 45. This little,insignificant "marxist" country is n 10. 2020World Press Freedom Index.
    In the WHO’s ranking of the world's health systems,the US is n. 37. This little, insignificant "marxist" country is n.12. The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health
    More?
    The GPI is the world's leading measure of global peacefulness. This little, insignificant "marxist" country is in the top 3 of the 2020 GlobalPeace Index, the ranking of the safest countries in the world, beaten only by Iceland and New Zealand. The most powerful country in world is n. 121.
    More?
    According to a report published yesderday by the European Commission, this“marxist” country is the European Union (EU) country closest to reach its climate emission reduction targets by 2030, compared to2005 levels and will exceed by 23% the target set by the European Commission for 2030(a 17% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to 2005 levels), reaching a 40% decline in emissions.
    More?
    Forbes Magazine ranked the best countries to live after the outbreak of COVID-19 and placed this little ”marxist” country – the third safest country in the world- at the top of the list.
    ------
    ------
    What I'm trying to say: Democratic debate between progressives and centrists brought America the New Deal, Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, and the Affordable Care Act.
    And don’t worry,Legio. Progressist strategist Jonathan Tasini said, "Biden is going to select people who he is comfortable with and who align with his ideology.That’s just a fact.”
    Maybe you should worry more about some right wing Hitler’s disciples.
    Pastor Urges Trump Admin to 'Shoot' Democrats, Journalists if ...

    These guys are crazy.
    The modern far right aren’t eating babies for breakfast either. They do podcasts and YouTube shows. Difference is, they’re regarded as pariahs by polite society; many as criminals or terrorists by virtue of their violent rhetoric and agendas, whereas “trained Marxists” get funding from DNC mega donor groups and the full backing of the party. Speakers at BLM protests have called for the murder of cops. The false narratives peddled by BLM incited killers to act according to the FBI. BLM founders are not hippie college coeds having orgies at Woodstock. They are 35-40 year old extremist ideologues with power and influence across the political and corporate establishment, including the administration of the newly elected POTUS, who has publicly endorsed the group. Who knows whether or not Frankenstein will be able to control his monster. It is a monster nonetheless.

  18. #2838
    Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    49,452
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Speakers at BLM protests have called for the murder of cops.
    Yup, that was strange (although it was a single person at a single rally, no plural to be had). Reminds me of this guy. So easy to tar a whole organization for the single action of one person, right?

    The false narratives peddled by BLM incited killers to act according to the FBI.
    "...influenced by the BLM movement and their belief that law enforcement was targeting blacks"
    While that is indeed a narrative I am not sure it's a false one, can't recall an incident as of late where a white person was killed by law enforcement while getting arrested. And when did being influenced become equivalent to being incited?

    A bit further down (read the whole 'Chill Wind' paragraph for better context):
    "Without law enforcement and elected officials providing an alternate narrative, assailants developed a distrust of law enforcement and felt emboldened and justified in using violence against police"
    Seems it doesn't really matter if there is a narrative against law enforcement or not - the lack of a pro police narrative appears to be the problem.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 02, 2020 at 08:54 AM.




  19. #2839
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Yup, that was strange (although it was a single person at a single rally, no plural to be had). Reminds me of this guy. So easy to tar a whole organization for the single action of one person, right?

    "...influenced by the BLM movement and their belief that law enforcement was targeting blacks"
    While that is indeed a narrative I am not sure it's a false one, can't recall an incident as of late where a white person was killed by law enforcement while getting arrested. And when did being influenced become equivalent to being incited?

    A bit further down (read the whole 'Chill Wind' paragraph for better context):
    "Without law enforcement and elected officials providing an alternate narrative, assailants developed a distrust of law enforcement and felt emboldened and justified in using violence against police"
    Seems it doesn't really matter if there is a narrative against law enforcement or not - the lack of a pro police narrative appears to be the problem.
    Given that more white-Americans are killed by police officers than any other racial group, it stands to reason that some will have been wrongly killed by officers recently. Perhaps the fact you haven't heard of such a case illustrates the problem.

    This is a recent incident of police officers appearing to unnecessarily shoot dead a white man.

  20. #2840
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    The modern far right aren’t eating babies for breakfast either. They do podcasts and YouTube shows. Difference is, they’re regarded as pariahs by polite society; many as criminals or terrorists by virtue of their violent rhetoric and agendas, whereas “trained Marxists” get funding from DNC mega donor groups and the full backing of the party. Speakers at BLM protests have called for the murder of cops. The false narratives peddled by BLM incited killers to act according to the FBI. BLM founders are not hippie college coeds having orgies at Woodstock. They are 35-40 year old extremist ideologues with power and influence across the political and corporate establishment, including the administration of the newly elected POTUS, who has publicly endorsed the group. Who knows whether or not Frankenstein will be able to control his monster. It is a monster nonetheless.
    It is worth mentioning that national conservatives are usually falsely categorized as belonging to the "far-right" by liberal and left-wing activists.
    Last edited by Cope; December 02, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •