View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Yeah, I remember after the last election how they accused the Democrats of being sore loser cry-babies. None of them came close to the sniveling and hand-wringing we're seeing from the same people.
    Advice: alhoon doesn't know much about american politics and just...well...rants off a pulpit. Just ignore him until he moves here.

If he talks about Greece, take a note.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Who says Trump supporters are out of their minds?

https://twitter.com/McnallyKell/stat...80906630037506

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/st...78674031497216

(It's okay to click, these are links to people who highlight the insanity of Trump supporters).

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Yeah, I remember after the last election how they accused the Democrats of being sore loser cry-babies. None of them came close to the sniveling and hand-wringing we're seeing from the same people.
    Here you go... https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-Donald-Trump/

Start from post #5850 or so.

The most revelatory thing to come out of that thread, was that Heathen was obsessed with Clinton going to prison and BW saying the same things as now.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post

The most revelatory thing to come out of that thread, was that Heathen was obsessed with Clinton going to prison and BW saying the same things as now.
    Ohhh....memories...

Well, that thread is an interesting one.

I love the CalExit sidebar with alhoon's accusation of treason with somebody clearing it up with "No, it's not treason, it can't be treason in the US because that's not treason, but so much as 'hay Cali, do you really want do do this?'"
    Last edited by Gaidin; November 28, 2020 at 11:10 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Oh, what a night,
    Eight November back in oh-sixteen,
    What a special Trump cand – id – a - cy,
    As I remember, what a night!
    Last edited by Cope; November 29, 2020 at 02:50 AM.

Has there ever been a thread archive because "Famous" function considered in this forum?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Who says Trump supporters are out of their minds?

https://twitter.com/McnallyKell/stat...80906630037506

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/st...78674031497216

(It's okay to click, these are links to people who highlight the insanity of Trump supporters).
    I'm recalling a person on Reddit talking about how they had a family member commit suicide on the news that Trump lost because they thought the nebulous OTHER was going to come get them under the Biden administration.

I was hesitant to believe it, but at the same time the most hardcore of the Trump cultists (Qnatics) are ALREADY in desperately mentally vulnerable, and seeing their whole world be shattered by their god lose the election and then CONTINUE to lose his court cases....It would not surprise me at all if we have more suicides or murder suicides once Biden is formally elected in two weeks. I know one person who is openly praying for the end times to take her and her children away from this wretched world now that Trump has lost.

That being said, these people are dangerous and unstable. Their grasp on reality is tenuous at best and them fleeing to sites like Parler/Meinspace/Howdy Arabia/KlansmenOnly in the wake of the election will only serve as a dangerous echo chamber for their beliefs. Who knows what heinous things people are fantasizing about in regards to "punishing" their Biden supporting neighbors. My mom lives next to an absolute Trump nut and I told her not to put her Biden sign out because he is dangerously unstable. One tweet from Dear Leader could lead to him shooing up the neighborhood for all I know.

It's sad, but not surprising. When you have a mentally vulnerable population that lacks critical thinking skills this kind of stuff happens. Look at how easily Applewhite, Jones, Koresh, and other cult leaders took advantage...Though at least they were charismatic.

There is also a unsurprising overlap between these folks and COVID deniers so the problem may eventually sort itself out, unfortunately.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Kelly just got his case tossed.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Kelly just got his case tossed.
    Yep. And I didn't realize when I posted earlier but it was dismissed with prejudice.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com

I find this bit particularly interesting
    [Act 77] passed Pennsylvania's House 138-61, with only one Republican voting no. Every Republican senator voted yes on the legislation.
    Not sure why Democrats voted against it but kind of funny they benefited from it in the end. No one could have predicted the pandemic last October.

I'm glad that the entire SCOPA united against this blatant effort to disenfranchise 2.5 million people. There might in fact be issues with it but the time to start a lawsuit against it was immediately after it was passed, not one year and two elections later.

Legislatures, democrat or republican, should not be able to introduce poison pill voter laws only to then try to revoke them (and therefore any election) when they lose. It's disgraceful, undemocratic, and childish. And I'm glad the court saw through that.

Two more weeks, and then another month after that...Not sure I have the energy for this anymore. Tired of the attitude from the people who had four years of "Make libruls cry" after their illegitimate and unqualified tantrum child won, only to now be crying about everything being unfair.

I'm also annoyed that I feel like I NEED to follow and understand the names and faces of politicians from halfway across the country. I barely even know my OWN local politicians.

At least I have managed to avoid drinking thus far.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Donald Trump made gains among virtually every other demographic — Black men and women, Hispanics, Asian-Americans, and even white women. The one significant demographic in which his support cratered compared to 2016 was among white men, who make up more than one-third of the electorate. Biden made an impressive 11 percentage point gain among white, college-educated men and a 6 percentage point gain among white, non-college educated men, supposedly Trump’s core constituency.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6347523002/
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...lls-2016-2020/

This is the paramount crisis in America today. Clearly, Biden has appealed to the status threat psychology that pervades the racism and privilege of the white male class. Biden beat Trump at his own game and ate into the latter’s base, winning key electoral victories in the process. If America doesn’t face up to that fact and confront Biden’s dog whistle rhetoric that surely motivated these gains at the polls, the country is doomed.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'm also annoyed that I feel like I NEED to follow and understand the names and faces of politicians from halfway across the country. I barely even know my OWN local politicians.

At least I have managed to avoid drinking thus far.
    I miss the days when national politics wasn't so chaotic that I could ignore it for years on end.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

This is what passes for "intellectual reporting" in the Biden news media:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/presid...ion?ref=scroll

"We know Biden will be a great president because his dogs will guide him to do the right thing".

Praeses

The analysis here was the Penn suit was a reasonable case, I guess Trump shot his best bolt now.

Its a classic.

I like post 2001 where Akrotatos says:
    I swear it's almost like Trump decided to run in order to give Hillary an effective cover to get elected with all the she has done
    ...is that really what happened? Hilary had her one time sponsor smash the Republican nomination process for the lulz only to lose to him? What a conspiracy theory/SNAFU mashup that would be, Name of the Rose + Imprimatur x the Manchurian Candidate=45. He certainly ran the country like he never expected to take power.

A few others made fair predictions of the aftermath (eg Abdul and Nikitn).

Anyway that thread was wound up in December of that year, I guess this one has run its course? Trump has agreed to abide by the electors' will, the court suits are petering out.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

As the Democrats’ racial clientelism ingrains itself into the political mainstream, one wonders if the party’s moderates really have control over what they’ve created. The Biden campaign has catered to the rhetoric that left riots and destruction across the country. Now trained Marxists demand payback for their service, and various interest groups seek a piece of the spoils/special appointments as the new Administration takes shape. Of course, the party’s moderate leadership never planned on paying more than lip service. But will they succeed?
    Yet there is an elephant in the room. It is simply that we blacks aren’t much victimized any more. Today we are free to build a life that won’t be stunted by racial persecution. Today we are far more likely to encounter racial preferences than racial discrimination. Moreover, we live in a society that generally shows us goodwill—a society that has isolated racism as its most unforgivable sin.

This lack of victimization amounts to an “absence of malice” that profoundly threatens the victim-focused black identity. Who are we without the malice of racism? Can we be black without being victims? The great diminishment (not eradication) of racism since the ’60s means that our victim-focused identity has become an anachronism. Well suited for the past, it strains for relevance in the present.
    Thus, for many blacks today—especially the young—there is a feeling of inauthenticity, that one is only thinly black because one isn’t racially persecuted. “Systemic racism” is a term that tries to recover authenticity for a less and less convincing black identity. This racism is really more compensatory than systemic. It was invented to make up for the increasing absence of the real thing.

This summer, in cities from Portland, Ore., to Baltimore, black protest seemed driven more by the angst of inauthenticity than by any real menace. The protests themselves came off as theater. There were costumes, masks and well-rehearsed mimes of confrontation and outrage. The violence was destructive, but only to a point. After all it was calibrated to go on for months. In the summer of 2020, self-consciousness replaced spontaneity as the essence of youthful protest in America—yet another sign that there is not enough real victimization to light the sort of fire that burned down Detroit in the ’60s.

I doubt that any of the black speakers at the RNC would argue that racism has vanished from American life. What makes them harbingers of a new racial order is that they unpair victimization from identity. Victimization may be an experience we endure, but it should never be an identity that defines us. They all spoke as American citizens in a spirit of citizenship.

In the end, only one achievement will turn us from the old victim-focused racial order toward a new, nonracial order: the full and unqualified acceptance of our freedom. We don’t have to fight for freedom so much any more. We have to do something more difficult—fully accept that we are free.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-ina...er-11606069287
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'm not worried about Trump in four years. He'll be even worse mental and physical shape, and his cult will eventually tire of him.
    [...]
    He also loses his social media following in January because there is no way Twitter and MAYBE Facebook will allow him to keep posting what he does.
    [...]
    New York alone smells blood in the water. Sadly I don't see Florida growing a spine and going after him.
    I think you are too optimistic, like the Democrats were in 2016 and again in 2020. Remember Obama saying he doesn't think Trump would become the Republican Nominee because he had faith in the American people? And then that Trump won't be the PotUS because he had faith in the American people?
    Well, that faith was misplaced. Trump barely won in 2016 and barely lost in 2020 after a series of corruption scandals, mismanagement and a pandemic.
    The blue wave never materialized. About as many people hate the Democrats as many people hate Trump. And that won't change.

Also, the more the Cult sees Trump prosecuted, the more energized they will be. Cut off his FB and Twitter? Unthinkable. Try to limit him on those platforms? Probably but it will backfire heavily. Prosecuting him? There'll be blood on the streets.

I remind you that like 85% of Republicans are happy with Trump and about 15%-20% of the electorate think he's the best PotUS in a looong time.

Nope, if you think Trump will not be a force to be reckoned with just because he lost, you will be disappointed.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Now trained Marxists demand payback for their service
    Oh, dear, how dramatic!

Our "trained marxist" PM was among the first world leaders to congratulate Joe Biden.Our "trained marxist" PM (a democratic socialist, blasfemy!) tweeted a few days ago “We look forward to working with the new USA Administration to reinforce transatlantic relations and cooperate on global issues, such as climate change, defense of democracy and international security.”
    With our "marxist" country preparing to presiding over the European Council, starting on 1 January of 2021, the priorities for the Presidency of the Council include:
    1) The completion of Economic and Monetary Union,
    2)the UK-EU relationship following Brexit.
    3)the EU's relationships with Africa and India (given historical relations and influence, the presidency may have a central role in the definition of policy for Africa)
    4) Last but not least: climate change, digital transition, social welfare and inequality. Other concerns relate to water scarcity and drought.

Schoking.A disgusting marxist program. BTW, Biden was already invited to a special meeting in Brussels in the next year.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Oh, dear, how dramatic!

Our "trained marxist" PM was among the first world leaders to congratulate Joe Biden.Our "trained marxist" PM (a democratic socialist, blasfemy!) tweeted a few days ago “We look forward to working with the new USA Administration to reinforce transatlantic relations and cooperate on global issues, such as climate change, defense of democracy and international security.”
    With our "marxist" country preparing to presiding over the European Council, starting on 1 January of 2021, the priorities for the Presidency of the Council include:
    1) The completion of Economic and Monetary Union,
    2)the UK-EU relationship following Brexit.
    3)the EU's relationships with Africa and India (given historical relations and influence, thr presidency may have a central role in the definition of policy for Africa)
    4) Last but not least: climate change, digital transition, social welfare and inequality. Other concerns relate to water scarcity and drought.

Schoking.A disgusting marxist program. BTW, Biden was already invited to a special meeting in Brussels in the next year.
    Not dramatic, just accurate.
    The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk. We don’t necessarily want to be the vanguard of this movement. I think we’ve tried to put out a political frame that’s about centering who we think are the most vulnerable amongst the black community, to really fight for all of our lives. And I do think that we have some clear direction around where we want to take this movement. I don’t believe it’s going to fizzle out.

https://therealnews.com/pcullors0722blacklives
    Again, these “trained Marxists” are two of the three formally recognized co-founders of BLM. Moreover, rather than taking a behind the scenes role in the organization, they’re making public demands of the incoming Administration as compensation for their support, on behalf of the organization as well as, ostensibly, on behalf of all black people. One specific instance was cited more than once in this thread:
    Alongside Black-led organizations around the nation, Black Lives Matter invested heavily in this election. “Vote and Organize” became our motto, and our electoral justice efforts reached more than 60 million voters. We want something for our vote. We want to be heard and our agenda to be prioritized.

https://www.theroot.com/blm-co-found...-an-1845624852
    Garza made similar public demands after Biden endorsed BLM earlier this summer. Under Obama, the DNC was able to keep BLM at arm’s length. After the organization helped facilitate mass unrest over the summer (during which looting was referred to as “reparations” by BLM Chicago organizer Ariel Atkins), they clearly aren’t going to settle for that as compensation for their service, and they aren’t happy with Biden’s repudiation of key initiatives like defunding law enforcement. It remains to be seen whether the tail will succeed in wagging the dog.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; November 30, 2020 at 12:35 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Out of curiosity, what exactly would you take to be the sign that 'it's getting better'?
    Hirings, promotions, nominations, etc are not made based on race or gender but on competency and merit, movies and tv shows don't get made just you can have a minority cast (see the abysmall Troy tv series), but because you have an interesting story to tell, etc.

A society that is not racist or sexist does not look at race or gender outside of situations where a specific trait makes a gender naturally better at doing the job (ex: women can physically see more colors than men). Positive discrimination is still discrimination and positive racism is still racism.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; November 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The DNC is waving an inclusive flag employing all manner of women and minorities in order to have the usual cabinet of neo-liberals.

For the next four years the left should troll and criticise Biden, and I wish them the best of luck.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Georgia governor rejects Trump's call to 'overrule' elections officials with emergency powers

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp’s (R) office on Monday rejected President Trump’s call for him to “overrule” his secretary of state.
    In a statement to the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a Kemp spokesperson said that “Georgia law prohibits the governor from interfering in elections” after Trump in messages on Twitter questioned why the “hapless” governor was not interceding on his behalf.
    The Secretary of State, who is an elected constitutional officer, has oversight over elections that cannot be overridden by executive order,” Kemp’s communication’s director, Cody Hall, said.
    "As the governor has said repeatedly, he will continue to follow the law and encourage the Secretary of State to take reasonable steps — including a sample audit of signatures — to restore trust and address serious issues that have been raised.”
    Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger, who is also a Republican, said in November that Republicans, including Trump ally and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), had pressured him to exclude ballots as part of an effort to swing the state's election to Trump. Graham denied the charge.
    Raffensberger and Kemp both certified the results of the election, which after a recount found President-elect Joe Biden to have defeated Trump by more than 12,000 votes.
    Trump has repeatedly lashed out at at both Republicans, and he has refused to concede his loss in Georgia or nationally.
    His feud with Kemp has also intensified, with Trump stating that he was “ashamed” that he endorsed Kemp and that "he’s done absolutely nothing."
    The wheels on the bus go thump-thump-thump.