View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 71 of 201 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

So the idea is basically Biden had a secret earpiece so someone (aliens, men from the center of the Earth, or maybe leprechauns) could give him all the super secret answers to the debate questions that both candidates were given weeks ago?

The "Biden's hidden earpiece" lie is pathetic even by the standards of typical right-wing "thought". Even Trump's supporters must realize it was made up out of whole cloth by Trump before the debate out of childish spite. Yet they still are repeating it like the sheep they are.

It's like something out of North Korea. Whatever Dear Leader says is The Truth (TM).

Senator

Let Them have the next round naked.
    The First time in years someone sees Donald naked and wasn't paid for it.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Let Them have the next round naked.
    The First time in years someone sees Donald naked and wasn't paid for it.
    Er, sorry bud, but if they have the next round naked I ain't watching it even if they pay me. The first one already hit my disgust threshold and they were fully dressed.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    So the idea is basically Biden had a secret earpiece so someone (aliens, men from the center of the Earth, or maybe leprechauns) could give him all the super secret answers to the debate questions that both candidates were given weeks ago?

The "Biden's hidden earpiece" lie is pathetic even by the standards of typical right-wing "thought". Even Trump's supporters must realize it was made up out of whole cloth by Trump before the debate out of childish spite. Yet they still are repeating it like the sheep they are.

It's like something out of North Korea. Whatever Dear Leader says is The Truth (TM).
    The truth is only the people who put that wire there and Jos Biden know what it is for. One thing that is factual and that is before Joe went into his pre-debate hibernation he agreed to be inspected for an earpiece and when he came out of hibernation he refused to be inspected for an earpiece.

There is no evidence for a LAV mic because no mic is visible.

One thing seems to be obvious, although it is subjective, and that is Biden appears to be listening to something. This is something every teacher learns. They can tell if their students are listening to them just by looking at their faces. If you go back and look at Biden when he's listening to someone the expression on his face is quite like the expression he had on his face when he was staring out into space during the debate.

I watched the debate and when Biden said "will you shut up man" it seems to me that Biden may have said it because Trump's badgering was making it difficult for him to hear. But hey, that's just me. Biden is almost famous for losing his composure like that and it's obvious that Trump's strategy was to try and get Biden to lose it, which he almost did.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post

That's just the way the cult operates. Trump makes a claim (I.E. Obama is not a U.S. citizen, millions of illegals voted, and now Biden wears an earpiece), and despite the lack of evidence, they eat it right up, regurgitate it, and try to force it down other's throats.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

It's no wonder people try to make an issue out of Biden's mic. Trump's behavior was just embarrassing. They know it. They're left to muddy the waters like this. Trump himself even made it sure that the use of an earpiece to help Biden was pointless. He provided no intelligence to be countered. You could have put up a rock against him and that rock would sound saner.

Trump's response to condemning white supremacy groups, on the other hand, was not surprising but troubling anyways. Stand back and stand by? Damn. It's yet an other litmus test for Republicans.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; October 01, 2020 at 12:27 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Both performed very poorly during debate imo. Trump atleast seemed the least senile one.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    That's just the way the cult operates. Trump makes a claim (I.E. Obama is not a U.S. citizen, millions of illegals voted, and now Biden wears an earpiece), and despite the lack of evidence, they eat it right up, regurgitate it, and try to force it down other's throats.
    Funny how "cult" describes Democrats far more then Republicans. Republicans can be critical of Trump, but if you, as Democrat, don't support blue no matter who, then you are a fascist nazi Russian heretic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Too bad there was no Sophia Loren stand in as well.
    C'mon, this is too good.

I asked my friend from Ohio this morning what he thinks of Biden saying "Antifa is just an idea". He has answered "I think it was Biden's clumsy way of saying that Antifa is an ideology or ethos focused on resisting and eliminating fascism." Do many people might think like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    C'mon, this is too good.

I asked my friend from Ohio this morning what he thinks of Biden saying "Antifa is just an idea". He has answered "I think it was Biden's clumsy way of saying that Antifa is an ideology or ethos focused on resisting and eliminating fascism." Do many people might think like this?
    Mainly the far-left, but they are not a numeric majority even within the Democrat voting base, so simping for a group that security agencies view as terrorist and majority of population views very negatively is idiotic, but then again, its Biden.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    It's no wonder people try to make an issue out of Biden's mic. Trump's behavior was just embarrassing. They know it. They're left to muddy the waters like this. Trump himself even made it sure that the use of an earpiece to help Biden was pointless. He provided no intelligence to be countered. You could have put up a rock against him and that rock would sound saner.
    They just believe anything he says, no matter if there's no evidence whatsoever. They want it to be true because if it weren't, that would shatter the illusion of Trump being infallible.

Trump's response to condemning white supremacy groups, on the other hand, was not surprising but troubling anyways. Stand back and stand by? Damn. It's yet an other litmus test for Republicans.
    At this point, he knows who his base is. He's already against the idea of a peaceful transition if he loses, so he has his worshippers on standby.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Donald is. The level of this debate is not Biden's fault, and we can go line by line if you want. Fact is, Trump derailed the debate and here you are again, with your "both sides" nonsense.
    So, you think calling the other guy a clown or asking him to shut up is presidential? No, it's not. Biden took the bait and lowered the standards too.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    They just believe anything he says, no matter if there's no evidence whatsoever. They want it to be true because if it weren't, that would shatter the illusion of Trump being infallible.
    Because he tells them the sweet lie they desperately wish to be true; that their miserable unfulfilling lives are the fault of someone else (liberals, Blacks, ect), and not the natural result of their own poor choices and lack of ability or talent.

At this point, he knows who his base is. He's already against the idea of a peaceful transition if he loses, so he has his worshippers on standby.
    Oh I have no doubt at all he'll tell them to start shooting. But after it is all over and done, with Biden in the White House and Trump in prison or kneeling at Putin's feet, they'll try to slither back in and pretend they were always loyal Americans. They may even give some half-hearted and insincere apologies.

We shouldn't even bother to listen. We should never forgive them, never give them a break, never stop ridiculing them, and NEVER hire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    It appears that Trump was lying more because he was coherent more. Biden was mostly mumbling for a good part of the "debate", though national disgrace would be better, and stated very few "facts"

Also, that is a lavaliere microphone. It's used extensively in my country by all tv stations and news anchors.
    Someone didn't watch the debate. I don't blame you, Donald made it unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    So, to be clear, you're certain that's a microphone that the wire is going to?
    About as certain as you are that he has a meth drip.

Someone didn't watch the debate. I don't blame you, Donald made it unwatchable.

About as certain as you are that he has a meth drip.
    Biden needed a teleprompter to get through a 15 minute soft question interview while he was sitting down. To believe he could make it on his own through a 90 minute stand up exchange with a strong adversary is delusional. The next day Biden put a lid on it around 10:30 in the morning. The man is simply not up to the rigors of the Presidency.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Biden needed a teleprompter to get through a 15 minute soft question interview while he was sitting down. To believe he could make it on his own through a 90 minute stand up exchange with a strong adversary is delusional. The next day Biden put a lid on it around 10:30 in the morning. The man is simply not up to the rigors of the Presidency.
    Would be rather underwhelming if the first woman president is not voted in as president but simply inherits, wouldn't it...

Attempting to continually find reasons that Biden is "drugged" is delusional. So I'm guessing you're convinced that was a drug drip, well, you're more than welcome to continue informing us on that situation. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Would be rather underwhelming if the first woman president is not voted in as president but simply inherits, wouldn't it...
    It's fascinating to see how easily people fall for right-wing propaganda.
    Last edited by Love Mountain; October 01, 2020 at 05:00 PM.

At this point its obvious to everyone that Biden will "retire for health reasons" if as soon as he is inaugurated, so the election will be in reality between Harris and Trump.
    She got less then 900 votes in primaries, lol.

Attempting to continually find reasons that Biden is "drugged" is delusional. So I'm guessing you're convinced that was a drug drip, well, you're more than welcome to continue informing us on that situation. Thanks.
    I honestly am astounded at some of the things you come up with. You must be swimming in Kool-aide. I never said anything about a drug drip, but since you mentioned it, here's something to think on...oh, wait, that might be too much for you. For everyone else though, it is strange that Biden can barely make half a day on the campaign trail and he's nodding off -- then suddenly he is spry and combative for 90 minutes in a situation where it is two hours past his bed time? That doesn't meet the common sense test.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So, you think calling the other guy a clown or asking him to shut up is presidential? No, it's not. Biden took the bait and lowered the standards too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wallace speaking on Fox
    it became clear, and clearer over time that this was something different and that the president was determined to try to butt in or throw Joe Biden off ... I saw another Fox analysis that indicates the president interrupted either Biden's answers or my questions a total of 145 times, which is way more than one a minute. And he bears the primary responsibility for what happened on Tuesday night.

I went through years of competitive debating at high school and university. The purpose is to win through the quality of argument. Had any competitive debater behaved as Trump did, they would have been removed from the debate and their team likely lost.

I've watched the debate a couple of times now. To be honest, I'm surprised Biden didn't lose his cool more often, and sooner. The comments you call on as equally lowering standards, were made after attempts to make points for some extended period of time were shouted over. It's not a debate if one person can't annunciate their points. Trump was deliberately trying to block his opponent from making any points as a tactic. He wasn't debating, he was actively preventing debate.

To compare Trump's attempts at breaking the debate with the exasperation it generated in Biden is about as biased a point of view as could be presented here. It's beyond the paranoid garbage others here continually spout. I'm surprised you go there.

The irony, that Wallace also point out, was that Biden's answers to many of the points weren't actually great, and the President could have pulled him apart relatively easily, had he actually engaged in the debate, but because he was so focussed on interrupting, he missed the easy opportunity to score actual points that might have impacted on key undecided voters.
    Last edited by antaeus; October 01, 2020 at 06:23 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM