View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 93 of 201 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post

So neocon GOP before Trump with its globalist "world policeman" lunacy, pandering to foreign interests, constant foreign coups and endless foreign wars was fine, but Trump's "bad behavior" was the deal breaker?
    Well, I wasn't old enough to vote or be politically active back then, so yeah, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Latinos aren't really a monolithic voter demographic. Many Latinos identify with their nationality than as a Latino, which is why Cuban-Americans are more Republican than other Hispanics. There is a bit of a divide between first- or second-generation Latinos and ones that have been in the U.S. longer.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-latino-vote/
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

So neocon GOP before Trump with its globalist "world policeman" lunacy, pandering to foreign interests, constant foreign coups and endless foreign wars was fine, but Trump's "bad behavior" was the deal breaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    Well, I wasn't old enough to vote or be politically active back then, so yeah, pretty much.https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-latino-vote/

HH actually made me think. I really disliked neocons. But I also really dislike Trump, who is really disliked by neocons.

I think HH is presenting us with a false binary. Why am I not surprised. HH Doesn't do nuance. At all. Ever.

Disliking the direction the GOP is going now, doesn't mean you have to love where it was at 10 years ago. You can be Republican and dislike the GOP of the 00s, but tolerate it because it is better than the Democrats. Just like you can dislike the GOP of today, but tolerate it because it is better than the other choices on offer.

It's also entirely logical to not like the GOP of either the 00s or now, but still vote for it, because it still represents policy that is important to you... E.g. on abortion.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Technology to safely and efficiently store nuclear waste is already here as well.
    And very expensive! Just see what USA have to do in Nevada to get that facility up and running.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    So basically as scarcity and prices increase so should extraction, because people will be eager to extract it an increased profit margin leading to accelerated depletion - which is my original point.
    The profit margin doesn't necessarily increase. If you extract oil at a cost of 40$/barrel then your profit margins if the price of the barrel is 50$ are not great.
    Also, as prices increase more and more deposits become profitable to be extracted so there's no real depletion.

What do you mean they were not even counted? If a reserve is a know field that is intentionally not being exploited, then all discovered oil fields are reserves. You can't undiscover an oil field.
    What I mean is that in 1975, when the price of oil was like 15$/barrel, Oil-boss would say about oil_field_33 "Don't even think to drill in that crappy place. For us to even break even, oil should climb to like 25$ per barrel!"
    Fast forward to 2005 where the price of oil was 50$/barrel and the Oil-boss would say about oil_field_33 "That place is a goldmine!!! Just 25$ cost per barrel! Drill baby, Drill!!!"

And again: We know of vast quantities of oil, easily triple the current reserves, but they are not profitable to extract with current prices.
    When you hear people say "we have 1.6 Trillion barrels" they mean "we know of 5 Trillion barrels, 1.6 Trillion of which can be extracted at a profit". But if you increase the price per barrel to say 150$/barrel, then it becomes "we know of 5 Trillion barrels, 3 Trillion of which can be extracted at a profit." And if you decrease the price per barrel to 20$ per barrel it becomes "we know of 5 Trillion barrels, but only a tiiiny fraction of them can be extracted at a profit."

I will go back to the 1975 example: Back then, they were saying "We have oil for 40 years at current consumption! Just 650B barrels left!"
    Fast forward 40 years later, to 2015, and instead of oil having run out we are at... 1650B barrels of oil left. 2.5 times the amount we were supposed to have 40 years ago.

And a major reason for this increase is not that we discovered 2 trillion barrels of oil that we were not aware of. It's that we now have the technology to take this oil and that the price of oil is high enough to guarantee it is profitable to do so.
    If oil prices crash at 20$/barrel for 5 years, half of those Frackers or the Deep drilling guys (like Deepwater Horizon) will be out of a job.

So basically, due to the economic factors at play, and the existing alternatives, America has to start / take measures to continue getting off black oil (not biodiesel) and into alternative fuels starting this December if it wants to finish the transition smoothly.
    Well, the sooner the better. We're not in a great hurry as far as reserves are concerned. We're in a great hurry when it comes to environment and a modest hurry when it comes to prices.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 27, 2020 at 09:51 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    HH actually made me think. I really disliked neocons. But I also really dislike Trump, who is really disliked by neocons.

I think HH is presenting us with a false binary. Why am I not surprised. HH Doesn't do nuance. At all. Ever.
    What nuance? He said he used to support GOP, which means he was fine with neocons as per his own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    And very expensive! Just see what USA have to do in Nevada to get that facility up and running.
    Yeah, fossil energy is still more cost-efficient, but from the environmentally-friendly options nuclear power is more efficient then wind and solar, not to mention the rather hazardous production required to make the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    If only these Black white supremacists and Brown white supremacists and Jew white supremacists would do what their betters (white leftists) tell them to do...
    It's the nature of the beast. Untermensch need to be reminded of their place in the pecking order.
    “He doesn’t want to pay 62 percent of taxes because he doesn’t want to go from 50 Cent to 20 Cent,” said Handler. “I had to remind him that he was a Black person, so he can’t vote for Donald Trump, and that he shouldn’t be influencing an entire swath of people who may listen to him because he’s worried about his own personal pocketbook.”
    '
    Luckily the party of Jim Crow has a lot of experience handling them.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    It's the nature of the beast. Untermensch need to be reminded of their place in the pecking order.
    '
    Luckily the party of Jim Crow has a lot of experience handling them.
    Occasionally, one has to crack a whip to remind the negro of his role in the Democrat world order.

BTW, I love how they always write "black" with a capital b as if it's a nationality. Perhaps Freudian in some way?

What nuance? He said he used to support GOP, which means he was fine with neocons as per his own words.
    It doesn't mean that at all. It just means he preferred neocon GOP to John Kerry era Democrats.

You're denying the antecedent and thus, deep in logical fallacy territory.

It doesn't mean that at all. It just means he preferred neocon GOP to John Kerry era Democrats.

You're denying the antecedent and thus, deep in logical fallacy territory.
    That's not even what he said though. You kinda just assumed that's what he said, while all he said that he stopped supporting GOP after Trump.

That's not even what he said though. You kinda just assumed that's what he said, while all he said that he stopped supporting GOP after Trump.
    Dude. You can support a party and not like every single thing they do.

Like I said. Nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    If only these Black white supremacists and Brown white supremacists and Jew white supremacists would do what their betters (white leftists) tell them to do...
    Don't forget Asian white supremacists

Among all Asian Americans
    2016: Clinton+43
    2020: Biden+24

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

2016: Clinton+43
    2020: Biden+24
    A lot of the "refuse/don't know" or "other" are actually going to vote for Trump. So I would say Biden's lead is ~20% in Asian Americans and Hillary's was ~25%.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

The only problem is, that the american elections dont change who rules the USA, only its like appointing a spokesperson. The groups and individuals that run the US remain in power regardless who sits in the White House. The whole election thing is just a part of the age old "panem en circenses" mode, just a show to distract the masses. Funny and sad how this still works.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    A lot of the "refuse/don't know" or "other" are actually going to vote for Trump. So I would say Biden's lead is ~20% in Asian Americans and Hillary's was ~25%.
    How?
    The Armenian Issue

Dude. You can support a party and not like every single thing they do.

Like I said. Nuance.

Dude. He only said he stopped supporting GOP after Trump. He didn't say anything about Kerry, Gore or 2000s Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    The only problem is, that the american elections dont change who rules the USA, only its like appointing a spokesperson. The groups and individuals that run the US remain in power regardless who sits in the White House. The whole election thing is just a part of the age old "panem en circenses" mode, just a show to distract the masses. Funny and sad how this still works.
    Indeed, financial elites as well as corrupt and power-hungry alphabet "intelligence" agencies are the biggest major threat to American democracy. Hopefully, we will see both being brought to heel and shown their place during Trump's second presidency.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

15 cringe worthy seconds of Joe Biden:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-running-mate/

He's Joe Biden's husband don't ya know.

I'm willing to predict that after losing elections, Democrats will try and have their way by trying to push for secession of some blue states, California for sure.

Don't forget Asian white supremacists
    I was tempted to include them, but did not see a recent relevant post involving Asians.
    Besides, currently intersectionality has Asians as white...

Tony Bobulinksi, a former business associate of the Bidens, went on the record Tuesday to explain the complexity of the Biden influence enterprise and why he believes the Bidens have been compromised by the Communist Chinese.
    The former CEO of SinoHawk LLC – the company the Bidens set up with Ye Jianming, the former CEO of CEFC Energy, described the Biden family’s relationships with CEFC and Burisma, the Chinese and Ukrainian energy companies, as “questionable” and that Hunter Biden had received millions of dollars from both despite having zero experience in the energy field.

The most shocking statement of the interview came when Bobulinski said the Communist Chinese government directly loaned the Biden family $5 million, interest-free. Bobulinksi maintained that makes the Biden family “compromised,” meaning a “President Biden” would be vulnerable to being “leveraged” over sensitive roles, information, and/or opportunity.
    Tony Bobulinski says that the Chinese partners in the firm wrote that a generous loan to a firm associated with Biden family was really a loan to the Biden family.
    He then says that "Joe Biden and the Biden family are compromised" by the Chinese government. pic.twitter.com/6oLnfDT4vB
    Funny how Democrats constantly turned every nook and cranny for evidence of "Russian collusion" with GOP, while they themselves collude with China.

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm not embarrassed to say that I've changed my mind since I was fourteen, Heathen Hammer. Some people would even consider that to be a good thing.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement