View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

    22 44.90%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

    21 42.86%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

    3 6.12%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

    0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

    3 6.12%
Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1760

Thread: USA elections 2020

  1. #1281

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I can't wait until police properly train themselves in tactical awareness and then maybe get a proper warrant instead of functionally bribe the ex-boyfriend after the fact re- testimony.
    That's totally what happened; that's why the grand jury recommended the charges they did.

    Let me guess, the grand jury is wrong because of systemic racism or some other imaginary boogeyman?

    Here's a thought, maybe a woman whose rental car was found with a dead body in it and whose boyfriend was bragging about how she was handling all of his drug money, wasn't an innocent bystander after all.

  2. #1282
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,237

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    That's totally what happened; that's why the grand jury recommended the charges they did.


    Let me guess, the grand jury is wrong because of systemic racism or some other imaginary boogeyman?

    Here's a thought, maybe a woman whose rental car was found with a dead body in it and whose boyfriend was bragging about how she was handling all of his drug money, wasn't an innocent bystander after all.
    Walker never once bragged about drug money. You are confusing Breonna Taylor's boyfriend Walker with her ex-boyfriend who was the drug dealer.

    Btw the ex-boyfriend has denied multiple times that Breonna Taylor was involved in his drug activity and even refused to take a plea deal that would have had his prison sentence lessened if he implicated Breonna Taylor.
    Last edited by Vanoi; September 24, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

  3. #1283
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    22,268

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Goody... 9 mail-in ballots from the military to BG Pennsylvania were found discarded. 7 of them were for Trump.

    This is very bad. It's not just that incident.
    There's also the fallout because Republicans now have ammo, real ammo, to dispute the elections.
    And it's also the fact that if 9 were found, how many were discarded and not found?
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  4. #1284
    antaeus's Avatar Whataboutery
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,164

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Goody... 9 mail-in ballots from the military to BG Pennsylvania were found discarded. 7 of them were for Trump.
    Who were the other 2 for? can that person and their supporters also be upset?

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    This is very bad. It's not just that incident.
    Yes, and no. In an election that will have hundreds of millions of voters, there is a margin of human error where mistakes will happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    There's also the fallout because Republicans now have ammo, real ammo, to dispute the elections.
    Real ammo isn't necessary. Just ambiguity. Partisan fans have already drunk the cool aid. This changes nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    And it's also the fact that if 9 were found, how many were discarded and not found?
    I don't know. 3? 7? 13? Remember, a begging question is a logical fallacy.


    I'm being facetious. Yes. But This story reeks of a Fox news dog whistle.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

  5. #1285

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    They were naked ballots-ballots cast without the privacy envelopes-so according to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court they had to be discarded.

  6. #1286

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Who were the other 2 for? can that person and their supporters also be upset?
    Unknown. They were recovered by staff and re-sealed inside their envelopes.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Thus far, Freed wrote, the FBI has recovered a number of documents showing military ballots that had been "improperly opened" by elections staff and "had the ballots removed and discarded, or removed and placed separately from the envelope containing confidential voter information and attestation."Of the nine military general election ballots discovered that were discarded, seven were outside of their envelopes and had been cast for Trump. The other two were previously recovered by staff and reinserted into what appears to be their appropriate envelopes, which is why they are unable to determine which candidate the ballots were cast for. Three of the nine ballots the office said can be potentially attributed to specific voters, but the other six cannot at this time, Freed wrote.Freed continued with some of the office's findings, stating, "In addition to the military ballots and envelopes that were discarded and recovered as detailed above, investigators recovered four (4) apparently official, barcoded, absentee ballot envelopes that were empty. Two (2) of those envelopes had the completed attestations and signatures on the reverse side. One (1) envelope with a handwritten return address was blank on the reverse side. The fourth empty envelope contains basic location information and the words "affirmation enclosed" on the reverse side."
    The documents were all found in a dumpster outside the elections office, Freed said.
    ""Opening a military or overseas ballot, or an absentee or mail-in ballot for that matter, violates the controlling statutes and is contrary to Pennsylvania Department of State guidance," Freed wrote. "The preliminary findings of this inquiry are troubling and the Luzerne County Bureau of Elections must comply with all applicable state and federal election laws and guidance to ensure that all votes-regardless of party-are counted to ensure an accurate election count.""In addition to the military ballots and envelopes that were discarded and recovered as detailed above, investigators recovered four (4) apparently official, barcoded, absentee ballot envelopes that were empty. Two (2) of those envelopes had the completed attestations and signatures on the reverse side. One (1) envelope with a handwritten return address was blank on the reverse side. The fourth empty envelope contains basic location information and the words "affirmation enclosed" on the reverse side.""

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-a...ry?id=73230513

    The indication is not that they were naked ballots, the FBI says documents show they were improperly opened and removed.
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 25, 2020 at 04:32 AM.

  7. #1287
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    22,268

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    They were naked ballots-ballots cast without the privacy envelopes-so according to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court they had to be discarded.
    Man, if that's the case I was really, really trolled by Rightwing media.

    Apologies for the false alarm, this sounds much more plausible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Unknown. They were recovered by staff and re-sealed inside their envelopes.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Thus far, Freed wrote, the FBI has recovered a number of documents showing military ballots that had been "improperly opened" by elections staff and "had the ballots removed and discarded, or removed and placed separately from the envelope containing confidential voter information and attestation."Of the nine military general election ballots discovered that were discarded, seven were outside of their envelopes and had been cast for Trump. The other two were previously recovered by staff and reinserted into what appears to be their appropriate envelopes, which is why they are unable to determine which candidate the ballots were cast for. Three of the nine ballots the office said can be potentially attributed to specific voters, but the other six cannot at this time, Freed wrote.Freed continued with some of the office's findings, stating, "In addition to the military ballots and envelopes that were discarded and recovered as detailed above, investigators recovered four (4) apparently official, barcoded, absentee ballot envelopes that were empty. Two (2) of those envelopes had the completed attestations and signatures on the reverse side. One (1) envelope with a handwritten return address was blank on the reverse side. The fourth empty envelope contains basic location information and the words "affirmation enclosed" on the reverse side."
    The documents were all found in a dumpster outside the elections office, Freed said.
    ""Opening a military or overseas ballot, or an absentee or mail-in ballot for that matter, violates the controlling statutes and is contrary to Pennsylvania Department of State guidance," Freed wrote. "The preliminary findings of this inquiry are troubling and the Luzerne County Bureau of Elections must comply with all applicable state and federal election laws and guidance to ensure that all votes-regardless of party-are counted to ensure an accurate election count.""In addition to the military ballots and envelopes that were discarded and recovered as detailed above, investigators recovered four (4) apparently official, barcoded, absentee ballot envelopes that were empty. Two (2) of those envelopes had the completed attestations and signatures on the reverse side. One (1) envelope with a handwritten return address was blank on the reverse side. The fourth empty envelope contains basic location information and the words "affirmation enclosed" on the reverse side.""

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-a...ry?id=73230513

    The indication is not that they were naked ballots, the FBI says documents show they were improperly opened and removed.
    Wait, so is there scandal there or they had a legal reason to discard them?
    Sure, that reason may be crappy but if they play by the rules, then there's no scandal. I don't like many things in USA's system where winner takes all, but that's the system.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  8. #1288

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Man, if that's the case I was really, really trolled by Rightwing media.

    Apologies for the false alarm, this sounds much more plausible.



    Wait, so is there scandal there or they had a legal reason to discard them?
    Sure, that reason may be crappy but if they play by the rules, then there's no scandal. I don't like many things in USA's system where winner takes all, but that's the system.
    The indication from the ABC story is that the election staff, in violation of statutes, improperly opened the ballots. Then discarded those ballots.
    "Pennsylvania law dictates all mail ballots — military or otherwise — be securely stored until processing can begin. In the commonwealth, that's not until 7:00 a.m. on Election Day."
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/24/91663...ded-pa-ballots

    The report by ABC indicates that the improper opening of ballots has been an ongoing, and uncorrected, problem.

    None of the news reports I have read (ABC, NPR, CNN, Military Times, and some other smaller and local outfits) say that the ballots were discarded because they were naked, so, at this pint, Coughdrop addict's claim that "They were naked ballots-ballots cast without the privacy envelopes" is just his fevered imagination working as normal. Though even if it were the case, that would still run into problems, since that would be processing ballots before the legally mandated time "7:00 a.m. on Election Day".

    The complaints the media provide tend to be that the government is reporting the issue at all.
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 25, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

  9. #1289

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Yet the Democrats are the ones that represent the tonedeaf establishment, while Trump actually does the crazy thing and represents his voters.
    How does he represent his voters? In both 2016 and 2020, he's introduced no policies that will improve conditions for the American Working Class. No, sick pay, no maternity pay, no paid holiday, and no right not be fired without reason.

    But apparently 'trolling teh libs' is more important than not working in serf-like conditions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    All the bad things you listed, poorly constructed strawmen aside, are result of establishment globalist politics, doesn't matter whether its GOP or Dems.
    For almost a century US presidential election were centrist middle-of-the-road boomer on the right vs. centrist middle-of-the-road boomer on the left, both being establishment's pawns and practically presenting no choice for the population aside from the course outlined to both parties by financial elites, who, of course, nobody gets to chose.
    Trump changed it and made it people vs establishment. That's why hoes American corporate elites are mad.
    Yeah, I bet the American corporate elites are absolutely gutted about the massive tax breaks and still not having employees with any rights...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Question is, why do you, as Democrat supporter, support a party that goes against your interests? Why do you support endless wars in Middle East which Schumer/Pelosi types want to continue forever?
    Irrelevant whataboutism. Besides I'm British, and a member of the Stop the War coalition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    What benefit do you gain from giving corporations full reign at your own expense?
    I don't give corporation full reign at my expense. I'm British and have employment rights. You might find this incredible, but in some countries working class people are NOT treated like medieval peasants!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Democrats today are the party of pseudo-educated politically immature urbanite, who is as easily manipulated by Democrats as evangelical was easily manipulated by RHINOs in the 1980s.
    Sure, and let me guess, people voting for the GOP, a party that actively acts against their own interests is cunning like a fox? Amirite?
    Last edited by TheLeft; September 25, 2020 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling

  10. #1290
    Senator
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,035

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post
    I don't give corporation full reign at my expense. I'm British and have employment rights. You might find this incredible, but in some countries working class people are NOT treated like medieval peasants!!
    Thats socialism.

  11. #1291

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Thats socialism.
    And it tastes so good!

  12. #1292

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post
    How does he represent his voters? In both 2016 and 2020, he's introduced no policies that will improve conditions for the American Working Class. No, sick pay, no maternity pay, no paid holiday, and no right not be fired without reason.

    But apparently 'trolling teh libs' is more important than not working in serf-like conditions...



    Yeah, I bet the American corporate elites are absolutely gutted about the massive tax breaks and still not having employees with any rights...



    Irrelevant whataboutism. Besides I'm British, and a member of the Stop the War coalition.



    I don't give corporation full reign at my expense. I'm British and have employment rights. You might find this incredible, but in some countries working class people are NOT treated like medieval peasants!!



    Sure, and let me guess, people voting for the GOP, a party that actively acts against their own interests is cunning like a fox? Amirite?
    So you are from UK, a country which jails people for speech. Criticizing Trump while supporting that kinda thing invalidates your stance. Its like someone from Saudi Arabia criticizing Canada over lack of religious freedoms.
    In any case, as a Brit, you've seen how British working class abandoned Labor after it betrayed them by siding with corporate elites against the people over Brexit. Same thing happened in US, where working class is leaning with Republicans, after Democrats turned out to be very "let them eat cake" on issues of working class under Obama. Hence why to American working class Trump is a much lesser evil then Democrats who openly talk about only caring about corporate interests.
    Now add Democrat's support to riots and looting (which they retracted after months), which hurt average middle class business owners, Biden's senility and Harris's track record of putting minorities into prison for non-violent offenses, we get quite the picture.
    Reality is that Democrat brass exists in echo chamber and probably doesn't care what "little people" think as they'll blame losing 2020 election on Russian boogeyman anyways.

  13. #1293

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Walker never once bragged about drug money. You are confusing Breonna Taylor's boyfriend Walker with her ex-boyfriend who was the drug dealer.

    Btw the ex-boyfriend has denied multiple times that Breonna Taylor was involved in his drug activity and even refused to take a plea deal that would have had his prison sentence lessened if he implicated Breonna Taylor.
    I see you conveniently ignored the fact that a dead body was found in her rental car. Postal master confirmed that her ex boyfriend was receiving packages at Breonna's house, which likely contained drugs because after he received them he would go and drop them off at a known trap house.

    Tell me, do your exgirlfriends receive packages at your house and drop them off at trap houses after?

    Glover lists her address for his bank account.

    Following conversation between Glover and the mother of his child; recorded on prison phones.

    “took my car ... They got that bank statement out the armrest, boom it got Bre’s address on there.”

    Bre got down like $15 (grand), she had the $8 (grand) I gave her the other day and she picked up another $6 (grand),

    Bre been handling all my money, she been handling my money ... She been handling for me and cuz, it ain't just me
    https://www.wave3.com/2020/08/26/war...new-documents/

    So, he can deny her involvement all he wants in public; but when he didn't know the prison phones were recording, he certainly didn't deny it.
    Last edited by tgoodenow; September 25, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

  14. #1294
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,893

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I see you conveniently ignored the fact that a dead body was found in her rental car. Postal master confirmed that her ex boyfriend was receiving packages at Breonna's house, which likely contained drugs because after he received them he would go and drop them off at a known trap house.

    Tell me, do your exgirlfriends receive packages at your house and drop them off at trap houses after?

    Glover lists her address for his bank account.

    Following conversation between Glover and the mother of his child; recorded on prison phones.



    https://www.wave3.com/2020/08/26/war...new-documents/

    So, he can deny her involvement all he wants in public; but when he didn't know the prison phones were recording, he certainly didn't deny it.
    Iím not quite sure what your point is with this stuff. Itís not like thereís much to extenuate here. Correct me if Iím wrong, the following is my off the cuff understanding of the case from reading the news:

    You awake to angry pounding on your door. I live in the city. Crackheads everywhere. This happens.

    You fear the worst, and grab your gun, which you legally own, calling out to ask whoís there. No response. Again, common with crackheads.

    All the sudden, the intruders break down your door with a battering ram. You fire one shot with your legally owned firearm, defending your property and your woman as you are legally entitled to do.

    Turns out the intruders are cops, who proceed to Rambo all over hell. Being the highly competent and trained individuals they are, they miss you completely, and kill your woman instead.

    You somehow manage to call 911 to inform them cops shot your girlfriend.

    Despite the self evident circumstances, youíre the one in jail - for attempted murder no less - not the waterhead who killed your woman.

    After all that, your woman becomes the poster child for corporate ad campaigns and communist mobs. No one remembers you or cares.

    Is this about right? Does it matter if her ex was shady?

  15. #1295

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    It's as I said in the last page. Sure, we might still have an ethics investigation into how the living hell they got their warrant. But if they at least had the tactical awareness and training and marksmanship training to go after the guy with the gun, Louisville might not be in this situation.

    But uhh... you know. Since when do Police Departments keep up their training?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  16. #1296

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    It's as I said in the last page. Sure, we might still have an ethics investigation into how the living hell they got their warrant. But if they at least had the tactical awareness and training and marksmanship training to go after the guy with the gun, Louisville might not be in this situation.

    But uhh... you know. Since when do Police Departments keep up their training?
    Judge: "here, you can break into this place with guns".
    See nothing wrong with this?

  17. #1297

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I see you conveniently ignored the fact that a dead body was found in her rental car. Postal master confirmed that her ex boyfriend was receiving packages at Breonna's house, which likely contained drugs because after he received them he would go and drop them off at a known trap house.

    Tell me, do your exgirlfriends receive packages at your house and drop them off at trap houses after?

    Glover lists her address for his bank account.

    Following conversation between Glover and the mother of his child; recorded on prison phones.



    https://www.wave3.com/2020/08/26/war...new-documents/

    So, he can deny her involvement all he wants in public; but when he didn't know the prison phones were recording, he certainly didn't deny it.
    I'm going to make one thing clear to you. Absolutely clear. What you find trying to implicate Breonna post-humously doesn't matter. The utterly true fact of the matter is that the police blatantly unloaded on the apartment and missed the guy with the gun. They HIT EVERYTHING except the guy with the gun.

    Nothing you ever say will ever change the fact that Breonna did not have a gun and was not a danger to the police during this raid. She got shot five to six times anyway. The guy with the gun did not get shot once. It is the most botched raid you will ever try to defend. This is a very strange hill for you to try to die on.

    Breonna could be the Black Godmother of the Corleonni Crime family and be the most dangerous criminal mastermind in Kentucky, but the fact of the matter is she was unarmed during the raid. She was shot five to six times for her trouble of being unarmed. The armed person was shot not once.

    Try to defend that.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  18. #1298

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Judge: "here, you can break into this place with guns".
    See nothing wrong with this?
    The judge has nothing to do with setting training standards. Nice red herring though.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  19. #1299

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The judge has nothing to do with setting training standards. Nice red herring though.
    If judge hands out warrants to police departments with poor training, then it is still judge's fault.

  20. #1300

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    ďIt doesnít matter that this woman was an obvious a part of her ex boyfriends crime syndicate! So what if her ex boyfriend convinced her to rent a car so he could use it for a murder!Ē

    Should she have been killed in the raid? Nope. Was she a poor innocent EMT who was killed by racist white cops who were just looking for their next black victim that night? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by tgoodenow; September 25, 2020 at 03:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •