View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 60 of 201 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    I don't have to parrot anybody. Joe's many 'sundowner' moments are right there for all to see on google/youtube etc. The man is clearly cognitively not there anymore...all Trump's camp needs to do is run those clips in their ad campaigns as many times as possible between now and the election & they stand a very good chance of winning on that alone (not to mention the 'Harris stuff' for the icing).

History repeating- Trump has never gotten any real opponents. With Hillary the whole world knew she was evil...this time Trump's running against a senile old man.
    More people voted for unopposed Trump in primaries then for either of the Democrat candidates in their primaries. That's pretty bad, for Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    More people voted for unopposed Trump in primaries then for either of the Democrat candidates in their primaries. That's pretty bad, for Democrats.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; September 19, 2020 at 11:33 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

I find that odd considering many a state didn't even have a primary. They just shoveled the delegates over to Trump. I mean, it happens in some states for both parties when a candidate is running for reelection. So fine's fine and fair's fair. But don't try to put lipstick on a pig winging a claim like that.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Trump received nearly 700,000 votes in Alabama. Biden got 286,000, and the entire Democratic field combines for 452,000.
    With 70 percent of the precincts reporting for the GOP, Trump has gained 698,825 votes, compared with 552,253 for Biden, with 63 percent of precincts reporting for the Democrats, according to NBC News data.
    “In Vermont and Minnesota, Trump’s vote totals beat every past incumbent’s total in the last four decades. In Maine, the president’s vote total bested every primary candidate’s total since before President Ronald Reagan. In Massachusetts, the story was similar, with Trump aggregating a higher vote total than past incumbent Republicans since before Reagan,” a Trump surrogate boasted to The Hill. “And in deeply blue California, with 82 percent of precincts reporting, President Trump collected nearly 1.4 million votes.”
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/presi...in-blue-states

This is basically lying through use of selective statistics. Biden received 18,448,092 votes in the primaries with Sanders following with 9,536,123 votes. On the other hand, Trump got 18,159,752 votes with Weld following with 453,959 votes. While a total of 35,827,432 votes have been cast in the Democratic primary, the Republican primary generated 19,321,267 votes.
    The Armenian Issue

What selective statistics are you even talking about? Trump is running unopposed, so disparity in numbers show how mobilized GOP is if they vote for unopposed candidate like its 2016. Not to mention that at this point everyone knows that Biden is senile and even Democrats treat him as a mannequin and openly admit that Harris will be acting president and her votes were what? 844? Good luck with that.

What selective statistics are you even talking about? Trump is running unopposed, so disparity in numbers show how mobilized GOP is if they vote for unopposed candidate like its 2016. Not to mention that at this point everyone knows that Biden is senile and even Democrats treat him as a mannequin and openly admit that Harris will be acting president and her votes were what? 844? Good luck with that.
    You made a false claim, that Trump received more votes in the primaries compared to Biden. Not that that was false the potential votes that were cast in the Democratic primary dwarfed the votes in the Republican primary. To save face you selected various individual primaries like Alabama where lies heavily on Republicans anyway. That was lying through selective use of statistics. Knowing that embarrassing failure of your claim you jump to Biden's health. Thats an attempt to shift focus. In reality, Democrats increased primary participation by about 17% compared to 2016.
    The Armenian Issue

Primaries are about candidates, not parties. Biden is at this point not even a real candidate, de-facto vote for Biden is a vote for Harris and even fanatical Democrats are aware of that. Now how many votes did Harris get?

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ye, was going from memory when I said Judge; it's been a while since I read the reports regarding Harris. But nevertheless, the point stands -she was accused of opposing DNA evidence for a death row inmate. She blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. The guy came within hours of execution.
    Ye, I bet she regretted it...after all she needed the votes...
    Kamala Harris was criticized for her opposition to the death penalty as a DA and Senator, but not as a AG. That's a matter of public record. In court, prosecution and defense don't do what they believe in, they try win with everything they got. Bad arguments, frivolity, whatever it takes to win. That's especially true when you can't pick your clients or are required by the state to represent someone and follow the laws of the state: public defenders, DAs, and AGs included. I'm not surprised when lawyers do something they don't believe in. It's just the way it is. If you cry that that's flip-flopping, well... you should see the other guy.

I also think you're sensationalizing what happened. Kamala Harris was following CA state policy and source I gave mentions Gov. Jerry Brown more than her. She wasn't doing this alone. It was a part of a justice system that she now opposes. This was a review case for a crime that happened in the 1980s. Kamala Harris was a teenager back then. It was a rather ordinary conviction based on weak evidence and a poor defense. The man they wrongfully convicted was already a black felon. Now his near death experience in the hands of the criminal justice system is a tragedy? It's starting to sound like Black Lives Matter to you after all.

So Trump is going up against a senile old man with onset of dementia and a corrupt District Attorney. I think if Trump's camp just runs the ads of Joe's many 'sundowners' moments it will probably win them the election without having to do anything else. Those clips of Joe's 'sundowners' moments tell a thousand words....Joe is not fit to be President!
    That's exactly what Trump would be doing if his campaign didn't just hit some money problems. It's almost like he's experienced at going bankrupt or something.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/07/u...ndraising.html
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...rdles-n1239578

Anyway, it's considered impolite for doctors to speculate on the health of people who aren't their patients, or to divulge information on their patients without permission. So your speculations about Biden's senility, which mostly draw from times he put his foot in his mouth or badly stumbled in a speech (no one accused Biden of eloquence), is either ignorant or immoral.

Yeah, totally Trump setting bar low and not the Democrats who pander to literal rioting communists, and whose presidential candidate is a creepy vegetable and whose VP pick is a former corrupt cop.
    Too bad Kamala Harris never shot an unarmed black man. Then you'd have to defend her.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Too bad Kamala Harris never shot an unarmed black man. Then you'd have to defend her.
    She ruined lives of thousands of black people by sending them to prison for smoking weed, while admitting she did smoke it herself and laughing about it. Supporting her and whining about cops using force on a felon that is violently resisting arrest is peak hypocrisy.

Primaries are about candidates, not parties. Biden is at this point not even a real candidate, de-facto vote for Biden is a vote for Harris and even fanatical Democrats are aware of that. Now how many votes did Harris get?
    Aha! You're piggy backing from your claim then. OK. You're also asking how many votes Harris got. The same Harris that withdrew before the primaries...
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    The anger that manifested itself in a relatively foolproof metaphor? Tell me, was Reza Aslan suggesting we burn down Wall Street, the White House, and the Capitol building? Or was he perhaps alluding to something more straightforward, like political activity?

Over our dead bodies. Literally.
    https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status...33898154020864

Sounds like he was being literal. Maybe the word "literally" he used here clears that up. I guess we'll wait and find out how many cities Democrats burn down in the wake.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Aha! You're piggy backing from your claim then. OK. You're also asking how many votes Harris got. The same Harris that withdrew before the primaries...
    Vote for senile old man is vote for his VP, so my point still stands - vote for Biden is vote for Harris. There is no evidence that Harris is popular, she literally ate during primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status...33898154020864

Sounds like he was being literal. Maybe the word "literally" he used here clears that up. I guess we'll wait and find out how many cities Democrats burn down in the wake.
    He's "literally" proposing mass suicide? Well alright then. I don't really see what burning of cities has to do with it though.

Vote for senile old man is vote for his VP, so my point still stands - vote for Biden is vote for Harris. There is no evidence that Harris is popular, she literally ate during primaries.
    If the vote for Biden is a vote for Harris then Harris got 18,448,092 votes in the primaries. That's 288,340 votes more than what Trump got largely unopposed in the Republican primary. In your attempt to shift focus you found yourself back in the same false claim you made. Congratulations!
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    He's "literally" proposing mass suicide? Well alright then. I don't really see what burning of cities has to do with it though.
    Democrats destroy portions of cities when they are mad. You must not watch the news much.

Democrats destroy portions of cities when they are mad. You must not watch the news much.
    The cities happen to be standing there. I was in Seattle just last week, seemed fine to me. I also didn't Reza talk about burning cities down. So was he speaking literally, or metaphorically?

When was your last party survey of what city?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

The "destroyed cities" hoax is just another example of the Republican need to lie to distract from the havoc they cause. Since this time Republican policies have not only resulted in economic ruin, but also 200,000+ preventable deaths, they are desperate to change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    If the vote for Biden is a vote for Harris then Harris got 18,448,092 votes in the primaries. That's 288,340 votes more than what Trump got largely unopposed in the Republican primary. In your attempt to shift focus you found yourself back in the same false claim you made. Congratulations!
    Um, no, Harris got 844 votes or so. Biden's is de-facto getting out of the picture, as his mental state is deteriorating and both sides acknowledge that Harris is projected to take his place once he becomes physically unable to maintain his post as POTUS. Is picking someone as unpopular as Harris as VP pick for a candidate everyone knows will not remain as president for very long a smart move? You can ponder that in November, while keeping yourself reassured with Putin-style polls that project blue victory at 146%. And how many votes did Biden get before everyone realized that he is as senile as Junior Soprano is pretty much irrelevant at this point. Call it a byproduct of Democratic false advertising.