View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 22 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772122 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    LMAO reality check, dude, it's you who funded Jihadists to topple Assad in Syria, it's you who destroyed Iraq and made it a springboard for ISIS to begin with, it's you who destroyed Libya and turned it into another training ground for terrorists, just as Afghanistan has been a source of Islamist mercenaries under you control, not to mention that all this has been and is still being funded by your allies, the Saudis and Qatar. Not Russia.

It's really fascinating from an outsider's perspective that although you have wrought all this senseless destruction, ruined half a dozen countries and destabilized even more via stupid CIA-backed coups like in Ukraine, you think you are the good guys, while the Russians, who are always the ones reacting, always repelling incursions into their sphere of influence, are the bad ones. Because they should sit back and take it for some reason? Did you watch Rocky a lot as kid? But the most amazing thing is that although these endless wars and pointless interventions have come at a terrible economic cost to your own country, which incurred trillions of debt to the Chinese in the process, at significant loss of life to your military (long before the Russians started posting bounties) AND WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT AFTER 20 YEARS, you are still falling for the narrative of the same class of people that orchestrated this colossal waste of political, economic and human capital; you are still rallying to wave flags for Clintog type of puppets, because you read in the NYT that the Russians hijacked your elections in 2016, whereas WaPo used to inform you that Obongo delivered a powerful speech about human rights - before bombing his 7nth country.

Don't worry about the Russians, your country has already been hijacked. Not by Putin, by the people that Epstein worked for. Your military has long existed merely to provide the muscle for their extractive operations abroad and you exist to foot the bill. Trump is the only one trying to extricate you from this position.
    Nice combination of gaslighting & whataboutism. With a sprinkling of casual racism for that extra.... je ne sais quoi. I'd respond like I did the last post and explain why again this is , but you would just do the same thing again. Ignore anything of worth and start flinging everywhere. Also I'm not drunk & celebrating this glorious country of ours like I was yesterday, so I'm not going to waste my time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Nice combination of gaslighting & whataboutism. With a sprinkling of casual racism for that extra.... je ne sais quoi. I'd respond like I did the last post and explain why again this is , but you would just do the same thing again. Ignore anything of worth and start flinging everywhere. Also I'm not drunk & celebrating this glorious country of ours like I was yesterday, so I'm not going to waste my time with it.
    These "Trump is doing great things and is opposed by the bad guys"-style screeds are textbook wish-fulfillment born from Trump supporter's disappointment. Though they will never admit it, most of them are at least somewhat aware that Trump is just as corrupt, spiteful, inept, and lazy as the left said he was going to be; and are embarrassed by his behavior. Even worse, this opens up some possibilities they'd rather not consider. "If the libs were right about Trump, what else are they right about?"

To shield themselves from these uncomfortable thoughts they have retreated into a fantasy world where Trump is a superhero battling pure evil, and oh how we will feel foolish once all of his heroic exploits are revealed. Then we will bow before his supporters and acknowledge their brilliance and innate superiority.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Just a few hours ago- Biden-Bernie Sanders Unity Task Forces rolls out a 110-page document
    The groups were divided into six issue areas: climate change, criminal justice reform, the economy, education, health care and immigration. Each issue had teams of eight people, with four picked by Biden and four picked by Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. The members were a mix of Biden and Sanders loyalists, experts, community leaders and politicians -- ranging from N.Y. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to former secretary of state John Kerry.

The task forces were led by Analilia Mejia, who was appointed by Sanders, and Carmel Martin, who was appointed by Biden, both of whom worked to coordinate and support the work of the task forces.
    Let's wait and see.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Kanye West
    “That is a form of racism and white supremacy and white control to say that all Black people need to be Democrat and to assume that me running is me splitting the vote. All of that information is being charged up on social media platforms by Democrats. And Democrats used to tell me, the same Democrats have threatened me…. The reason why this is the first day I registered to vote is because I was scared. I was told that if I voted on Trump my music career would be over. I was threatened into being in one party. I was threatened as a celebrity into being in one party. I was threatened as a Black man into the Democratic party. And that’s what the Democrats are doing, emotionally, to my people. Threatening them to the point where this white man can tell a Black man if you don’t vote for me, you’re not Black.”
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/randall.../#650dad8547aa
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 08, 2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    I finally decided to read it all. Is it possible to remove a candidate for insanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I finally decided to read it all. Is it possible to remove a candidate for insanity?
    LOL

I love his last mission statement point:

• That he envisions a White House organizational model based on the secret country of Wakanda in Black Panther.
    Unfortunately, I don't think there any vibranium anywhere within miles of DC. That's the miracle alien metal found all over the real Wakanda.

However, I look forward to "Keeping up with the Kardashians--The White House edition.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    However, I look forward to "Keeping up with the Kardashians--The White House edition.

Cheers
    At the cost of having a president wanting to turn the country into pro-China theocratic dictatorship? Because if you try to take that BS seriously, that's the impression you get from that.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    As an outsider its really only two steps further from sanity than Trump and he got elected.

Give him a go, can't be worse than the lockstep rigor of the two party system,.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    That's for the voters to choose. If he's elected then you can remove him for insanity.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I have to admit, I haven't been more enthusiastic about a presidential candidate since Deez Nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unfortunately, I don't think there any vibranium anywhere within miles of DC. That's the miracle alien metal found all over the real Wakanda.
    I consider West Virginia to be the best candidate for the U.S. equivalent of Wakanda. If there is a state hiding its rich Vibranium deposits under a facade of poverty, it's the Mountain State.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

LOL

I love his last mission statement point:

Cheers
    No vibranium in Washington, but maybe there's a wormhole to China instead, and next thing we know, he'll be proposing an alliance...

Do people really think this is acceptable behavior?

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't.

I just think Trump's behavior is worse.
    ---

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    I don't.

I just think Trump's behavior is worse.
    "You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them," Mr Trump said.

"It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.

And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab them by the p@$$%. You can do anything."

Normally I'd be screaming about whataboutery because Biden's poor behaviour stands on it's own. But here it's a case of survival of the most lecherous.
    Last edited by antaeus; July 10, 2020 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Given their ages, that's a literal statement
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Locker room talk, to actually do it.

Yeah i think doing it is way worse.

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You thought I was only talking about his sexual behavior?

Trump has had more affairs, divorces, and formal sexual assault allegations than Biden. And yet evangelicals flocked to him in 2016. So much for family values.

It's really a minor issue to me compared to his policy and governing style.
    ---

Trump has had more affairs, divorces, and formal sexual assault allegations than Biden. And yet evangelicals flocked to him in 2016. So much for family values.
    Most conservative Christian groups vote Republican. No need to single out evangelical Christians.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yes we do, and in 2016 they put political party over the actual Christian values they claimed they wanted to see in our politicians and their policies. I was disappointed with how many of us he was able to bring into his core base, because there is nothing Christian about Donald Trump. No number of photo-opps of him waving a Bible at a church will change that.
    ---

Yes we do, and in 2016 they put political party over the actual Christian values they claimed they wanted to see in our politicians and their policies. I was disappointed with how many of us he was able to bring into his core base, because there is nothing Christian about Donald Trump. No number of photo-opps of him waving a Bible at a church will change that.
    I'm afraid there's no major party that a Christian can vote for without considerable nose-holding. Whether you vote Trump or Dem, either way you're voting for a whole host of evils. I can't blame anyone for thinking Trump was the lesser evil in 2016, but in 2020 it might be different.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict