View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

    33 43.42%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

    36 47.37%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

    4 5.26%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

    0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

    3 3.95%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

  1. #2781
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    While we're on the subject, Biden has a net gain of about a hundred in Milwaukee County during the recount.
    Wait wait wait wait wait whoa...whoa...whoa...Do you mean to tell me that a county that has voted for Democrats for 92 years (only switching for Eisenhower who would probably be considered a godless commie by this day's GOP)...voted Democratic?!

    FRAUD. I don't have evidence to prove it but Biden needs to prove it DIDN'T happen!
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 27, 2020 at 09:36 PM.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  2. #2782
    irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Yeah, no point to this thread anymore. Except...
    I guess it's ok to gloat a little now: LOLOLOLOLOSER
    In light of the Trump administration's recent debacles in court, I say more gloating is in order.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait whoa...whoa...whoa...Do you mean to tell me that a county that has voted for Democrats for 92 years (only switching for Eisenhower who would probably be considered a godless commie by this day's GOP)...voted Democratic?!

    FRAUD. I don't have evidence to prove it but Biden needs to prove it DIDN'T happen!
    For the cultists and sycophants, this is a perfectly sane and rational line of reasoning to take.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.C.A.B.

  3. #2783
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    The best part about this is that Milwaukee is one of the two counties that Trump's campaign paid 3 million to have a recount.

    And Biden only increased his lead.

    And of course there is always a tweet from the Trump clan.

    And if you are too lazy

    "The Sad Truth: The Cost Of Stein/Clinton's #Wisconsin Vote Recount Could Have Saved At Least 5,000 Children's Lives"
    -Eric "My daddy doesn't love me like he does Ivanka" Trump, December 4, 2016.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  4. #2784
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,300

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Trump campaign vindicated after recount proves votes not tabulated correctly:
    A recount in Wisconsin's largest county demanded by Republican President Donald Trump's election campaign ended Friday with Democratic President-elect Joe Biden gaining votes.

    After the recount in Milwaukee County, Biden had a net gain of 132 votes, out of nearly 460,000 cast. Overall, Biden gained 257 votes to Trump's 125.

    Trump's campaign had demanded recounts in two of Wisconsin's most populous and Democratic-leaning counties, after losing Wisconsin to Biden by over 20,000 votes. The two recounts will cost the Trump campaign $3 million. Dane County is expected to finish its recount on Sunday.
    https://in.reuters.com/article/usa-e...-idINKBN28804K

  5. #2785
    Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,688

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Trump on Twitter,
    Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained.
    The orange imbecile is making America Great Again a Third World Country.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

    Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

  6. #2786

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    I've heard more or less the same thing from Trump's supporters. They can't understand how Biden could have gotten more votes and think it MUST BE fraud. There are Biden supporters out there, but the problem is Trump supporter's litmus test for a political candidate supporter is themselves. They think Biden supporters are going to fly Biden flags, wear Biden hats, and make their entire identity about Biden.

  7. #2787
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I've heard more or less the same thing from Trump's supporters. They can't understand how Biden could have gotten more votes and think it MUST BE fraud. There are Biden supporters out there, but the problem is Trump supporter's litmus test for a political candidate supporter is themselves. They think Biden supporters are going to fly Biden flags, wear Biden hats, and make their entire identity about Biden.
    It's actually quite fascinating to see that these people genuinely don't realize that:

    A: Having massive truck/boat parades is abnormal and cult like
    B: Having hundreds/thousands of dollars in regalia (flags, paint jobs, hats, shirts, masks, etc) for a politician is abnormal and cult like.
    C: Having massive hate rallies in the middle of a pandemic is abnormal, cult like, AND stupid.
    D: Having your entire social media impact be about your fiendish devotion to your cult leader is abnormal and cult like.
    E: Having the belief that your cult leader is the 'savior of western civilization' and treating him as such is abnormal, cult like, and quite racist.

    Biden's supporters do none of those things, because they don't need to. They don't need to worship Biden as a cult leader because they don't see him as one. They don't disrupt highways and lakes with little parades, because they think that is stupid. They don't have that childish need to broadcast who they are 24/7 by wearing cute little hate hats. And they don't need to go to rallies when they already decided months/years ago that Trump was dangerous, moronic, and needed to go. The holding of those rallies alone is an obvious indicator of that.

    Edit: This reminds me of a "friend" who told me that if you don't support Trump you are not patriotic because he IS the state. If you don't support Trump you want America to fail. If you don't support Trump you are un-American.

    Not only is that a dangerous step towards authoritarianism (something this person clearly supports given his subsequent ramblings) but this "friend" was...how shall I put this...Quite bigoted towards the Obama family.

    Understanding hypocrisy is not their strong suit.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 28, 2020 at 11:24 AM.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  8. #2788
    Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,688

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    This reminds me of a "friend" who told me that if you don't support Trump you are not patriotic If you don't support Trump you want America to fail. If you don't support Trump you are un-American... a step towards authoritarianism
    Precisely. The past comes to my mind...
    After the Carnation revolution, the Portuguese Communist Party created the idea that there was a danger that fascism would return. Anti-communists were suspected of being enemies of the Revolution. A ridiculous idea, within a few days of April 25, the entire country (from the democratic left to the democratic right) had entirely destroyed the old fascist regime.In fact there was no Chilean-style threat to the revolution of April, we never had a Pinochet.
    Back then, communist quasi-authoritarian motto was something like this "if you dont support the communist party - if you are anti-communist- you are not a patriot and you want your country to fail".
    Rings a bell?
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

    Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

  9. #2789
    Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In my Mansion
    Posts
    4,000

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Wasn't it the whole time in the USA?

    "If you don't support our wars in "insert country" and want national insurance, higher minimum wage, more worker rights, you are a communist and inner enemy of America!"

    Trumpism is only going to the top.
    My seed of a lunacy
    Was a sign made to resist
    A mood set from birth
    Thinking about you... Luna.Luna.Luna

    Moonspell - Luna

    My Mods

  10. #2790
    DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon
    Posts
    15,090

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    While the USA was never really unioned. Somebody said recently, the Civil War never ended, and i believe there is some truth in it.

    As for the "Communist" panicking and according propaganda, it started parallel to WW2's end phase, just as for the soviet Stalinism, seen as the world's competitor of the USA, which from on stepping into the war, was triggered to become a global player, a former civil oriented industry transisted into a quasi war oriented industry (and also Pearl Harbour as one main trigger). The Cold War era started imo. latest with the victors statuses in Germany, just driven by ideology, which is also the reason, why there was never a real de-nazification in Germany, merely only (but at least) the Nürnberger Prozesse. In the American country, the Red Scare culminated into McCarthyism. The rethoric and underlying ideology of the latter is used since then by the American right wing (old school arch conservatives, nationalists, populists, right radicals and religious fanatics, including libertarians/neo-liberals/neo-conservatives).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 28, 2020 at 02:37 PM.

  11. #2791
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Wasn't it the whole time in the USA?

    "If you don't support our wars in "insert country" and want national insurance, higher minimum wage, more worker rights, you are a communist and inner enemy of America!"

    Trumpism is only going to the top.
    This is accurate. The funny thing is you can get conservatives to agree to almost every election issue with Democrats...if you call it the right thing.

    Case in point? My significant other's parents wanting ACA to stay around, but they want Obamacare gone.

    They are of course too dumb to realize that they are in fact that same thing, and they are not the only Trump supporters with such views.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    the Civil War never ended, and i believe there is some truth in it.
    This is also accurate. And ideologically, the descendants of the people on the wrong side of the first are...still on the wrong side. It is goddamn bizarre and insulting seeing Confederate flags in states like Michigan, which lost 1/6th of the men it sent to war.

    Weird those flags are often sold and sometimes waved side by side with Trump, Blue Lives Matter, and Nazi flags though . It was also just downright creepy to see more Trump flags than American flags at the gatherings of the cult disciples this year, but I guess that is just another example of Trump fans being more supportive of Trump than the country they claim to love. The voting patterns this year certainly reflect that too.

    But hey, we got Georgia to turn blue. Burnin' Sherman would be proud.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 28, 2020 at 02:12 PM.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  12. #2792
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    22,568

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ration-2020-11

    Remember that you were telling me a month ago that when Trump loses, he will not run again because he would be under investigation or in prison etc?

    - Trump may announce his candidacy as early as December this year. (So, still under his immunity. )
    - In a truly, authentic, gloriously Trumpist fashion, he may run his first 2024 campaign event the day Biden is being sworn in.

    Man, it's glorious!
    Biden baaaarely managed to win over Trump, thanks in great part to Trump's horrid mishandling of the coronavirus. Unless Senate-blocked Biden manages to do well in the post-covid era, 2024 is a coin flip as Trump will keep or even increase his base over the coming years. Biden more or less said he won't go after Trump when he said he won't use the legal system and executive powers to go after a vendetta, so I don't expect Trump to be prosecuted.
    With Trump still chest-thumping, it is doubtful any popular Republican would step up as that popular Republican will be smeared by the Cult. Trump will probably be the 2024 nominee unless some Republican with balls of brass manages to unite the anti-Trump faction of the GOP. However, there will be several nothingburgers vying for the anti-Trump vote, so it is unlikely one would manage to pull through.


    BUT!!!! That's not all that's funny.
    Trump and his cronies are close to top the "Not my president" whiny SJW in whining.
    It is very funny for someone that justifiably bashed and mocked the whiny SJW crybabies to be as much a whiny crybaby. We all knew he was, of course, but as we laughed at the SJWs screaming in 2016, now it's time to laugh at Trump and his cult.


    TL;DR:

    2016



    2020
    Last edited by alhoon; November 28, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  13. #2793
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    I'm not worried about Trump in four years. He'll be even worse mental and physical shape, and his cult will eventually tire of him. I also wouldn't be surprised if that COVID he did have eventually kills him (not hoping, just pointing out, we don't know what kind of effect it will have on him in the long run). He also loses his social media following in January because there is no way Twitter and MAYBE Facebook will allow him to keep posting what he does. They also might not want to be party to his late night tweeting of national secrets he happens to remember.

    I am far, FAR more worried about what evil being (Tom Cotton) will take his spot. If there is one thing we can all agree on, the last four years has shown that millions of Americans will believe literally anything you say if they think it makes it okay to hate The Other. And the radicalization of the right is something we should all fear.

    Also none of this surprises me. Trump filed to run for 2020 literally the same week he was inaugurated and never stopped campaigning. I'd argue he spent nearly as much time and energy campaigning as he did "governing" and perhaps in the long run that was a good thing. At least he won't be able to do it on taxpayer dollars this time but will have to rely on either his own money (HAH) or donations of his people.

    Maybe he should start selling "Trump 2024: The Comeback!" flags to make money. I can't wait to see more Trump popup tent stores in my hometown.

    Edit: Also the investigations should not stop just because he is running. He tried to get his own DOJ to go after Biden how many times this year? And the investigations by the states and cities should be a welcome relief. New York alone smells blood in the water. Sadly I don't see Florida growing a spine and going after him.

    Sadly I don't think my state will be able to go after him. I don't think he has any properties of note here.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 28, 2020 at 03:19 PM.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  14. #2794
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Hmmm, it looks like there has been some giddiness here over the holiday.

    First, I read the circuit courts appeals case. It was vary narrow and didn't mention anything about the fact that more mail-in ballots were received than were actually sent out. It left the door open to further litigation. But, no matter, a Pennsylvania judge stepped in and ordered a halt to the certification process until some other things are clarified. You guys don't seem to realize that these cases are taking place to gain time for the discovery process. Each one delays certification a little longer.

    In another development, another highly regarded computer cyber expert has joined Sidney Powell's case and he is no light weight. He has stated that there is incontrovertible evidence that computer fraud took place. For instance, he pointed out that it would be impossible to tabulate 400,000 paper ballots in the time the counting was "stopped" in Pennsylvania. Bear in mind that the New York Times said in September that this guy was the "smartest guy in the room". You can read about it here and I strongly encourage you to do so:

    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ells_team.html

    Also, on election night, the election officials in Georgia claimed they had to shut down the counting process because of a "busted water pipe". It turns out it was a stopped up toilet. Now you have to ask yourself and be honest, "Can a stopped up toilet bring a halt to the vote counting process in a building the size of a convention center?" And, BTW, the toilet was in a different area of the building from where the counting was taking place.

    I worked in a small satellite office building of about 2000 square feet for over 15 years and not once did a stopped up toilet bring a halt to our operation.

    None of this passes the smell test. If the Dems were so secure in their victory, why didn't they offer up an audit to secure legitimacy instead of resisting them?

    I don't know how this will end, but at least half the US population will not consider Biden a legitimate President, including myself of course.

  15. #2795

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    His argument is piss if he thinks he's going to throw out 2 million votes after they voted. He should've sued a year ago, not a day after the certification due date.

    Dude wanted to beat Conor Lamb but couldn't. There's a term for this. Sore loser.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  16. #2796
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    But, no matter, a Pennsylvania judge stepped in and ordered a halt to the certification process until some other things are clarified. You guys don't seem to realize that these cases are taking place to gain time for the discovery process. Each one delays certification a little longer.
    Certification has already happened. Biden won the state. At best this judge can delay certification for legislative votes but that is idiotic. At worst she is trying to throw enough doubt to cause the state legislative body to not be able to send its chosen Democratic electors.

    The complaint about that particular problem should have been resolved months ago. The law that the GOP is challenging was passed by majority state GOP representatives with support from the Democrats. The rules were used for both the primaries and the general election this year. Now that they lost the election they want that overturned, even though hundreds of thousands of people used mail in ballots under an un-challenged law/rule change that was in place for a year. Ethically, throwing out such ballots is wrong. If it was unconstitutional after they lost, then it was unconstitutional before they lost, but no one cared until after the general election.

    Republicans need to stop changing the rules after something THEY SUPPORTED backfires on them.

    Why was the challenge not issued before the election, and why do you support such measures designed to prolong a festering wound?

    And why are you in support of frivolous cases being filed and dismissed just to build time for "discovery"? Team Tyranny has lost now, what, 38 cases?

    This case isn't even about evidence of fraud just on whether the law is unconstitutional or not, so I don't think discovery is even necessary.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  17. #2797

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'm not worried about Trump in four years. He'll be even worse mental and physical shape, and his cult will eventually tire of him.
    Hey, if Biden was allowed to compete in 2020, the same should hold true for Trump in 2024. That said, I'm hoping for a better GOP candidate.


    I am far, FAR more worried about what evil being (Tom Cotton) will take his spot.
    What's wrong with Tom Cotton (other than being a side character from LotR)?

  18. #2798

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Hey, if Biden was allowed to compete in 2020, the same should hold true for Trump in 2024. That said, I'm hoping for a better GOP candidate.
    Nobody has really said anything different. Trump can run from jail if he wants. People, in fact, have run for President from jail in the past.

    He need only meet the three Constitutional requirements. Age. Birth. Residency.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  19. #2799
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,457
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Hey, if Biden was allowed to compete in 2020, the same should hold true for Trump in 2024. That said, I'm hoping for a better GOP candidate.
    Biden isn't nearly as psychologically or physically compromised as Trump. Just watch Trump's deterioration over the last four years.

    What's wrong with Tom Cotton (other than being a side character from LotR)?
    A better discussion, for another time, because that is off topic for this thread.

    ------------------------------------------------

    Some good news, the PA Supreme Court has thrown out the case regarding the constitutionality of Act 77 (the law under which people voted this year) because, surprise, they waited too long.
    https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...-20201128.html

    What a shame. Republicans will have to find another way to steal the election in that state now. And with only 2 weeks to go, the last remaining option would be nuking the results and using their own electors which of course should be tantamount to a throwing democracy into a trashcan (a Republican specialty)

    Oh well...Just another loss for Team Tyranny.

    Edit: And before the whining of "those goddern activest librul commie marxist Antifa judges" starts, the vote was unanimous in a court of five democrat and two republican judges (one of whom is the chief justice).
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 28, 2020 at 08:13 PM.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”
    ---President Goodbrain on the American Revolution

  20. #2800

    Default Re: USA elections 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

    BUT!!!! That's not all that's funny.
    Trump and his cronies are close to top the "Not my president" whiny SJW in whining.
    It is very funny for someone that justifiably bashed and mocked the whiny SJW crybabies to be as much a whiny crybaby. We all knew he was, of course, but as we laughed at the SJWs screaming in 2016, now it's time to laugh at Trump and his cult.
    Yeah, I remember after the last election how they accused the Democrats of being sore loser cry-babies. None of them came close to the sniveling and hand-wringing we're seeing from the same people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •