View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151176191192193194195196197198199200201
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Biden isn't a progressive.
    Let's see, Biden looks to adopt progressive policies, in nod to social teaching of Pope Francis, in economic justice, labor justice, environment and migrants (not exactly in nod to Sanders).The enciclical Fratelli Tutti challenged the Catholic right far more than it challenged the Catholic left. So, that’s my theory: Biden is a progressive catholic. I might be wrong, but until now, it doesn’t seem to be the case. For example,
    Can Joe Biden make good on his revolutionary climate agenda? Nature
    “This is really the first time that a US president is leading with climate,” says Vicki Arroyo, executive director of Georgetown University’s Climate Center in Washington DC.

Biden signs executive orders at furious pace | TheHill

The New York Times editorial board implored the president to “ease up” on the executive actions.
    Matt Bennett, co-founder of the center-left think tank Third Way, called the Times editorial “silly” and said the circumstances Biden is facing are unique because the country is in the midst of four crises: the pandemic, economic recession, climate change and racial injustice.
    It's also telling that Biden repeated Popes's questions on the campaign trail."At times, in thinking of the future, we do well to ask ourselves, "Why I am doing this?,'What is my real aim?"

Healthcare is a sensitive topic in the US.In my opinion, Americans understand the concept of balance but they refuse to embrace it. It's a side effect of a bipolarized political system.

Edit: the American motto "Et Pluribus Unum" isn't working. You should try the EU's "In Varietate Concordia".
    Last edited by Ludicus; January 30, 2021 at 09:27 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

I'm not. Especially since Biden isn't a progressive.
    I'm surprised you're not whining about Biden's "racial equity", "foreign policy climate justice", and "economic populism" like the rest of r/conservative.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    I'm surprised you're not whining about Biden's "racial equity", "foreign policy climate justice", and "economic populism" like the rest of r/conservative.
    Why would I? I don't know what r/conservative is, I've never agreed with mainstream conservatives because I hate Neo-Cons and I don't give a lick about Christianity, I'm not WASP, and I supported Biden in 2020 for entirely cynical reasons. That said I don't know too many people in my personal life who were in favor of Trump 2020. A lot of the people I know who were Trump 2016 got off the Trump train. Out of say 10 people, I only know 2 who wanted Trump 2020.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Why would I? I don't know what r/conservative is, I've never agreed with mainstream conservatives because I hate Neo-Cons and I don't give a lick about Christianity, I'm not WASP, and I supported Biden in 2020 for entirely cynical reasons. That said I don't know too many people in my personal life who were in favor of Trump 2020. A lot of the people I know who were Trump 2016 got off the Trump train. Out of say 10 people, I only know 2 who wanted Trump 2020.
    It's not really a necessity for you to know what r/conservative is. My post was really a statement about your values and the things you generally disapprove of. You generally shy away from affirmative action, from the importance of climate change, and you have mixed feelings on economics. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the impression you've given me over the years from what I've seen.

Considering that both the Press Briefings, news articles, and Joe Biden himself have put an enormous emphasis on things like "racial equity", "foreign policy climate justice", and "economic populism", I was surprised to see a lack of criticism of Biden's agenda. As you can tell from Ludicus' posts, Progressives are popping champagne after seeing what the first ten days of Biden's presidency did. Even mild conservatives, are furrowing their eyebrows as their patience for Biden's "unity" thins.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/donald-tru...041610892.html

Trump's legal team resigns. All 5 of them. Why?
    Because Trump didn't want his defense to be whether it is constitutional to impeach a former president. He wanted his defense to be "There was fraud so President Trump inciting unrest and a deadly attack on the Capitol Hill was perfectly justified. President Trump did nothing wrong."
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/donald-tru...041610892.html

Trump's legal team resigns. All 5 of them. Why?
    Because Trump didn't want his defense to be whether it is constitutional to impeach a former president. He wanted his defense to be "There was fraud so President Trump inciting unrest and a deadly attack on the Capitol Hill was perfectly justified. President Trump did nothing wrong."
    Notice:
    Moron who won't listen to sound legal advice and is prone to turning on people who work for him in a very public and humiliating way seeks top notch, classy lawyer at peak of profession. Bilingual in Russian preferred. Pilot's license helpful; available to travel on very short notice.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    It's not really a necessity for you to know what r/conservative is. My post was really a statement about your values and the things you generally disapprove of. You generally shy away from affirmative action, from the importance of climate change, and you have mixed feelings on economics. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the impression you've given me over the years from what I've seen.

Considering that both the Press Briefings, news articles, and Joe Biden himself have put an enormous emphasis on things like "racial equity", "foreign policy climate justice", and "economic populism", I was surprised to see a lack of criticism of Biden's agenda. As you can tell from Ludicus' posts, Progressives are popping champagne after seeing what the first ten days of Biden's presidency did. Even mild conservatives, are furrowing their eyebrows as their patience for Biden's "unity" thins.
    I want to avoid making any of this about Trump. Trump is just a distraction for the GOP's own ineptitude, and likewise the DNC uses Trump as a distraction so that they can go through with their own schemes.

Even if Biden did say these things... why is he saying them now? Because he knows that it will win him support. The Biden I remember was your average Neo-Liberal for decades. Why are people not criticizing Biden? Because they used Trump as a distraction.

I am for populism, and I am for helping people economically. More recently I've decided to just be against wars in general for practical reasons, although I have never supported the Middle East policy and was critical of the interventions in Iraq, then Libya, and then in Syria. Had it not been for Bush's insane decision to intervene in Iraq then right now Iran would not have gotten as far as it did.

On the racial equity thing, I'm not even sure what this means exactly. But I've never supported all of the claims of racism and BLM etc etc. Nor am I for importing a million illegals from Central America. In general I see no reason to have as much legal immigration anymore.

On the economic questions, okay fine the state gives people UBI or something, pays for colleges. BUT does that mean the state is also going to start supporting illegals, anyone who gets a green card, and continue to fund the scam that are the university institutions? On economics and climate change I am rather agnostic, I don't care so long as the policies work, and if not then don't do them. For instance I know people in the tech sector and none of them want to move to California.

So again to be clear I'm not for race baiting, Race Theory, and BLM etc, I'm not for illegal immigration or even much legal immigration in general, I'm not for Feminism, or LGBTQ+++ and the 500 genders or whatever, and I'm not for the corrupt politicians that profit from this. So I can't really support the DNC or Progressivism at all. But likewise if the GOP will stay incompetent, keep promoting money grabbing fools like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Trump, and so on, I'm not going to support them either.

I also don't really attack BLM, or "Race Theory", or even Islam very much. It seems to me like the Left won on those points already so I would just be wasting my time. HOWEVER I am actually thinking that if BLM and LGBT etc etc win... this would actually be better, because the reaction against it once those things start forcing themselves on the average person will be so bad that they can only lose in the long term. Yeah I am actually thinking that Trump winning was the worst thing that could have happened. It was just a distraction by a fat orange clown, some kind of release valve for Conservatives and just the average person in general to get tricked by the two party system. Just like Biden is acting as the release valve for the Left right now. Which I bet is not going to last very long.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I want to avoid making any of this about Trump. Trump is just a distraction for the GOP's own ineptitude, and likewise the DNC uses Trump as a distraction so that they can go through with their own schemes.
    To be entirely fair, I haven't mentioned Trump in the last two posts, and in the first 10 days of the administration, Biden's team has deliberately avoided making references to Trump. In fact, the Press Secretary actively steers the conversation away from discussion of the Trump Impeachment, potential investigation, and even what Trump's letter to Biden says.

Even if Biden did say these things... why is he saying them now? Because he knows that it will win him support. The Biden I remember was your average Neo-Liberal for decades. Why are people not criticizing Biden? Because they used Trump as a distraction.
    Well, part of the reason why they are not criticizing Biden is because,

1. Biden's inauguration was a mere ~10 days ago.
    2. Biden has largely assuaged the fears of DNC progressives by enacting a largely middle-of-the-road progressive agenda. Some of the biggest things going for Biden right now is,

An intense focus on racial equity. Jen Psaki, Susan Rice, and the pandemic task force have repeatedly stressed that they are focused not just on distributing the vaccine, and dealing with the pandemic, but also with making sure that communities that have either a harder time accessing the vaccine, or have hesitations about taking the vaccine, will be reached out to and that efforts will be made to get them vaccinated and/or helped economically. In particular, minorities, undocumented immigrants, and even poor Whites (which plays nicely into "unity").
    Biden has put a pause on sales of munitions to Saudi Arabia, and has ordered a thorough review of current U.S. foreign policy. In addition to that, domestically, his DNI, Avril Haines has vowed to both release the Kashoggi report, as well as do an intense review of domestic terrorism and white nationalism.
    Biden has instituted an office for climate change, for science and technology, and made John Kerry, one of the most decorated politicians, ambassadors, and champions of climate change policy at the head of our climate change policy. He also announced that climate change will be one of the main tenets of our foreign policy.
    Biden's economic plan focuses on infrastructure spending, addressing wealth inequality, and sending more economic assistance to our poorest. Most notably, a push for 15$ minimum wage.

3. Biden's rhetoric of "unity" as clarified by Jen Psaki, is not to pander to Republicans on issues like abortion, voter fraud, and lower spending, but by addressing issues that appeal to every voter. Opening schools, getting the pandemic under control, and making sure that United States is poised to tackle climate change and changes in the energy sector.

Very little of this has to do with Biden not being Trump, and it has a lot more to do with Biden being seen as a largely competent President who takes things seriously. Granted, it's only been ~10 days.

I am for populism, and I am for helping people economically. More recently I've decided to just be against wars in general for practical reasons, although I have never supported the Middle East policy and was critical of the interventions in Iraq, then Libya, and then in Syria. Had it not been for Bush's insane decision to intervene in Iraq then right now Iran would not have gotten as far as it did.

On the racial equity thing, I'm not even sure what this means exactly. But I've never supported all of the claims of racism and BLM etc etc. Nor am I for importing a million illegals from Central America. In general I see no reason to have as much legal immigration anymore.

On the economic questions, okay fine the state gives people UBI or something, pays for colleges. BUT does that mean the state is also going to start supporting illegals, anyone who gets a green card, and continue to fund the scam that are the university institutions? On economics and climate change I am rather agnostic, I don't care so long as the policies work, and if not then don't do them. For instance I know people in the tech sector and none of them want to move to California.

So again to be clear I'm not for race baiting, Race Theory, and BLM etc, I'm not for illegal immigration or even much legal immigration in general, I'm not for Feminism, or LGBTQ+++ and the 500 genders or whatever, and I'm not for the corrupt politicians that profit from this. So I can't really support the DNC or Progressivism at all. But likewise if the GOP will stay incompetent, keep promoting money grabbing fools like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Trump, and so on, I'm not going to support them either.

I also don't really attack BLM, or "Race Theory", or even Islam very much. It seems to me like the Left won on those points already so I would just be wasting my time. HOWEVER I am actually thinking that if BLM and LGBT etc etc win... this would actually be better, because the reaction against it once those things start forcing themselves on the average person will be so bad that they can only lose in the long term. Yeah I am actually thinking that Trump winning was the worst thing that could have happened. It was just a distraction by a fat orange clown, some kind of release valve for Conservatives and just the average person in general to get tricked by the two party system. Just like Biden is acting as the release valve for the Left right now. Which I bet is not going to last very long.
    Well I understand that you think of yourself as "agnostic" on a lot of the aforementioned issues. So do a lot of Republican voters. At least this is how I understand it so far. But I don't think I'm being unfair when I say that you will readily criticize actions and mobilization on the left that you think is "pandering" rather than meaningful change. Many people see Pete Buttigieg's appointment as both kleptocratic and a cheap token to LGBTs, similar to the transgender ban and the military, selection of Amanda Gorman for the inauguration, the efforts to have the most "diverse cabinet in history" of United States, et cetera, et cetera. Now if these issues are minor and you don't see the point of complaining about them, good. I'm happy to see that all of us can move past the last four years and agree that Biden is doing productive things.

As someone who only just discovered this sub-forum's existence, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the poll results. I had assumed everyone around here was pretty far right. Glad to see I was mistaken.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Thread closed.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.