View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 13 of 201 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

I didn't say anything about bunkers, just pointing out the dissonance between Trump's tough-guy persona and his endless whining and failures as president.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    On an unrelated note, the Democrats in their “African” sashes kneeling for nine minutes is the worst pandering I’ve seen since Hillary’s hot sauce comments. Obviously an election year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/08/politics/democrats-criticized-kente-cloth-trnd/index.html

"Standing in front of a church and holding up a bible you never read for a photo op is no different than kneeling in kente cloth you never wear for a photo op,"
    so true haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    so true haha
    Not really. It would be if they had the police clear out the White House of Republicans by force and then held a religious symbol. How you equate the Bible with kente scarf.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

That... sounds plausible but it too damn horrendous to believe. I actually think you may be partially right though as the "30% of appointed positions still empty" sounds plausible. The Republicans can't be sure they will have the senate next term even if Trump wins. It is against both his and his party's agenda to have so many vacant spots.
    I think some of it can be explained by the fundamental argument US conservatives make about government and "bureaucrats", that they are inherently inept and act only to harm Americans, not to protect them. That's why conservatives tend to favor blustery authoritarians like Trump who try to be seen as solely in control of everything, a real one man show. They could try filling those positions and telling stories about what a fantastic job their appointees are doing, but that might show government working, something they’d ordinarily like us to think is impossible.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Not really. It would be if they had the police clear out the White House of Republicans by force and then held a religious symbol. How you equate the Bible with kente scarf.
    Freedom of Speech is not meant for People that are peaceful standing in the Way of Desinfectant Don.

Trump campaign demands CNN retract poll showing big Biden lead

President Trump's reelection campaign has sent a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker demanding that the network retract its recent poll showing Trump trailing Democratic presidential rival Joe Biden by 14 points.
    "All polls that show Trump losing are fake! Believe us! But don't look at them!"

That whole wearing an African scarf or whatever it's called and kneeling is just so bizarre and weird. Five minutes ago that would have been considered cultural appropriation. Panderfest 2020 has got me really confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Trump campaign demands CNN retract poll showing big Biden lead

"All polls that show Trump losing are fake! Believe us! But don't look at them!"
    To be honest, do you remember 2016 CNN polls? This is deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    To be honest, do you remember 2016 CNN polls? This is deja vu.
    You mean the ones that were well within the margin of error?

And if they are fake or whatever, then why is Trump's campaign so bent out of shape about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    You mean the ones that were well within the margin of error?

And if they are fake or whatever, then why is Trump's campaign so bent out of shape about them?
    First I have this for you

Then I have this for you

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

Then I have this for you
    The New York Times aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    The New York Times aged well.
    Like a milk carton filled with trucker piss. Fellow fans of Trailer Park Boys will approve

My favorite part of the article was when they were like "our estimates were at one point as low as 78% for Clinton winning, oh just imagine!"
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; June 12, 2020 at 07:11 PM.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

While leftists dream delirious dreams of ousting Trump, going from one fantasy to anther; collusion, impeachment, anarchy, etc., I think back on my favorite moment of the Obama presidency. Even Joe Biden was halfway coherent back then.

After riffing the ranks of almost all the competent officers and replacing them with politically correct globalist minded yes men, they still managed to give him a great parting ceremony. If nothing else, it should prove an enlightenment to our enemies that even the worst officers we have can still provide an excellent display of military precision. It was magnificent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_Zpu2NQoM

Bye, bye, baby, Trump has revoked around 800 of your senseless regulations.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post

Trump did some things right, but to be honest, at the time he is the outsider. Also, 85% chance to win doesn't mean you will win. It means that 5/6 you will win. That happened to Hillary, the 1/6 chance: Commey decided to open her nothingburger email scandal. And then, everything went downhill for Hillary.

But, she had 85% to win. She was just somewhat unlucky to get the 15%. It's as if you need 2 or more in a game of monopoly to not land on the bad square... and you roll "1".

On the other hand, where Trump is much better positioned this time around is that his base is stable and the independents know what to expect from a Trump presidency.
    It was not a smooth sailing but we didn't see what we were told to expect. The world is still spinning, there was no nuclear attack on Poland, Trump's deregulation worked very well for the economy, the people in Obamacare were not thrown on their butt, there's no multi-billion wall with Mexico, the press may be maligned daily but it is still free.
    There's also much smaller presence of USA in the Middle East and there's a crackdown on illegal immigration. There's again a focus on "buying American".

And the best of the best: The SJWs that the 90% loathes are crying, their lamentations a sweet song in our ears.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 13, 2020 at 01:40 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

Then I have this for you
    Despite Trump's example, deflection and acting like a child doesn't actually make inconvenient facts go away.

I'll ask again, if the poll is fake, why is the Trump campaign so afraid of it?

While leftists dream delirious dreams of ousting Trump, going from one fantasy to anther; collusion, impeachment, anarchy, etc., I think back on my favorite moment of the Obama presidency. Even Joe Biden was halfway coherent back then.
    After riffing the ranks of almost all the competent officers and replacing them with politically correct globalist minded yes men, they still managed to give him a great parting ceremony. If nothing else, it should prove an enlightenment to our enemies that even the worst officers we have can still provide an excellent display of military precision. It was magnificent:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_Zpu2NQoM
    Yeah, for example, he rolled back a regulation that made it necessary for oil and gas companies to monitor methane leaks and fix them. That one is expected to save those companies about 20 million dollars. What a big load of money for something trivial...
    The Armenian Issue

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Yeah, for example, he rolled back a regulation that made it necessary for oil and gas companies to monitor methane leaks and fix them. That one is expected to save those companies about 20 million dollars. What a big load of money for something trivial...
    Trump did because it was an unnecessary duplication of something that was already taking place:

https://theenvironmentalpartnership.org/who-we-are/

Those 20 million dollar hits add up to a lot of money when you have hundreds of them.

Trump did because it was an unnecessary duplication of something that was already taking place:
    https://theenvironmentalpartnership.org/who-we-are/
    Those 20 million dollar hits add up to a lot of money when you have hundreds of them.
    If it was a duplicate there was no money to save since the companies would already be meeting its requirements already. Clearly, it was not.
    The Armenian Issue

Trump did some things right, but to be honest, at the time he is the outsider. Also, 85% chance to win doesn't mean you will win. It means that 5/6 you will win. That happened to Hillary, the 1/6 chance: Commey decided to open her nothingburger email scandal. And then, everything went downhill for Hillary.

But, she had 85% to win. She was just somewhat unlucky to get the 15%. It's as if you need 2 or more in a game of monopoly to not land on the bad square... and you roll "1".
    The irony of this post is that in Monopoly you can't roll a "1".

Also, as the game goes on, you will roll the dice enough times that you will see a statistical collection of dice rolls for {2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12} or to put it another way, {{1,1},{1,2},{1,3},{1,4},{1,5},{1,6},{2,1},{2,2},....,{6,5},{6,6}} and they will likely form a statistically likely collection of rolls given you are forming a lot of rolls(see concept of bell curve).

Whereas, for an election in one year, we only have one election with one year. It could go one way, or the other. If we literally went and had ten elections over a 3-4 months as events occurred, we would likely form a statistically likely formation of results. As events change and as they effect the voters no less(the perfect example of current events effecting elections is Kentucky's Senatorial Primary getting its table flipped by current events). But all we get is one election.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Commey decided to open her nothingburger email scandal. And then, everything went downhill for Hillary
    this is the dumbest lie liberals tell themselves about 2016. She was going down hill the whole time in favorability.