View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 64 of 201 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566676869707172737489114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post

Anyway "both are crap" is my position indeed.

Considering I can't really find any even-handed media outlets really, I'm surprised to hear that there is a 20% undecided. It certainly doesn't add up with the extreme polarization visible in nearly every article I come across.
    You think that just 20% undecided is not polarization?
    Let me clear something up: When I say 20% undecided, I mean, 20% that are soooomewhat undecided.

Let me put it this way:

If 10 Tara Reeds come up and accuse Biden of assaulting them, supported by investigators etc, it wouldn't have any effect on the vote of 65%-70% of the voters.
    If 10 witnesses testify under oath that Trump was calling Putin "Sweetheart" on the phone while he was telling him the exact location of USA nuclear submarines, it wouldn't have any effect on the vote of 65%-70% of the voters.

If 5+ witnesses testify that Trump called veterans as "suckers" and "losers" and Trump went on to badmouth McCain 5-6 weeks before the election... it wouldn't impact the vote of 99.5% of the voters. We know that, because it didn't.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...ezVfgX9j3R4fdo

So... I don't know if this has been poster elsewhere but does this more or less is in place to kinda protect white snowflakes from being called racists? Or am I wrong?
    As a note, I hate SJWs. But I also strongly dislike rightwing snowflakes.

Do I agree that nowdays some institutions frankly discriminate towards women, minorities etc? Yes, I do think that.
    But there's also casual, systemic racism in USA. The way to combat systemic racism obviously is not to be racist towards the other side but that's not the issue here.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Trump falls into the trap he set for Biden

Donald Trump will face Joe Biden within days for the first of three presidential debates, and some of the president’s supporters are already bracing for a humiliating loss.

White House allies, Republican donors and some of Trump’s closest advisers worry that a recent, frenzied push by his top lieutenants to portray Biden as a seasoned debater — with the goal of raising expectations for the Democratic presidential nominee — is too late and too disingenuous to have an impact when the two meet on the debate stage next Tuesday.
    They worry Trump has set a trap for himself by incessantly attacking Biden’s age and mental acumen. It’s a tactic the president has maintained even as his campaign publicly insists the former vice president is fully capable of a satisfactory performance. Unlike the president, who has spuriously claimed Biden is “probably” on performance-enhancing drugs, Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh attributed Biden’s “quite good” performance in past debates to the Democrat’s ability “to turn it on when the cameras come” after years of experience in politics.

“Eight years as vice president, three decades in the Senate, two debates as vice president and he just came through about a dozen debates in the Democratic primaries where he vanquished two dozen opponents — that’s the Joe Biden we’re expecting,” Murtaugh said.
    It’s this type of expectation-setting that some of the president’s allies believe he and his campaign should have engaged in all along, an approach they’re now frustrated to see deployed so close to the Sept. 29 debate in Cleveland. The Trump campaign spent the bulk of this summer questioning whether “Sleepy Joe” is fit for office and accusing the Biden campaign of trying to circumvent the traditional debates to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation for their candidate.
    “This idea of Biden not knowing how to debate is ridiculous. The more that expectations are lowered for him the worse,” said former White House press secretary Sean Spicer.
    “A lot of folks are looking for a reason to declare him the victor and now they’ll be able to use Trump’s words as a way to justify their verdict that Biden won,” added Spicer, who believes Biden “will land a punch or two” against Trump but doubts either candidate’s performance will affect the race all that much.
    Add to all of this Trump will likely not even prepare for the debate (that work aversion he's become infamous for), and has been known to storm off in a huff when he feels slighted by 'unfair' questions (Such as being asked why he chooses to lie when telling the truth would work better), and you have a recipe for humiliation. Not that it will change his cult's minds of course, but I'll certainly be enjoying it.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    You think that just 20% undecided is not polarization?
    Let me clear something up: When I say 20% undecided, I mean, 20% that are soooomewhat undecided.
    I was contrasting it with the media coverage I see. There definitely is no 20% amount of coverage that seems non-partisan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So... I don't know if this has been poster elsewhere but does this more or less is in place to kinda protect white snowflakes from being called racists? Or am I wrong?
    As a note, I hate SJWs. But I also strongly dislike rightwing snowflakes.
    I don't believe that if you are unhappy that someone out of the blue comes and calls you a racist just because you are white that makes you a snowflake.
    Last edited by Alastor; September 24, 2020 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I can't wait to watch the Democrats peacefully burn down Louisville tonight.
    I can't wait until police properly train themselves in tactical awareness and then maybe get a proper warrant instead of functionally bribe the ex-boyfriend after the fact re- testimony.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I can't wait until police properly train themselves in tactical awareness and then maybe get a proper warrant instead of functionally bribe the ex-boyfriend after the fact re- testimony.
    Notice how he only cares about riots and protesters and makes no mention of Breonna Taylor.

Justice or better policing is not his concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Anti-Trump legacy media is owned by billionaires.
    Anti-Trump NGOs are funded by billionaires.
    Democratic party is owned and controlled by billionaires.
    So much for being against billionaires, eh?
    The American worker has no rights to sick leave, maternity pay, paid holiday, and can be fired at anytime for any reason. Basic workers rights are all things that the GOP is vehemently against introducing. Apparently allowing women to recover from the ordeal of giving birth is communism or something.

I'm staggered how the American Working Class have been conned so easily into supporting a party that hates them and does nothing for them.

But yeah... herp derp 'muh gunz...'

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post
    The American worker has no rights to sick leave, maternity pay, paid holiday, and can be fired at anytime for any reason, or none at all, without notification. Basic workers rights are all things that the GOP is vehemently against introducing. Apparently allowing women to recover from the ordeal of giving birth is communism or something.
    Added a couple of important tidbits. At will employment, ain't it great folks?

I'm staggered how the American Working Class have been conned so easily into supporting a party that hates them and does nothing for them.

But yeah... herp derp 'muh gunz...'
    They white knight for the wealthy that are conning them in the hopes they'll one day become one of those wealthy people.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Notice how he only cares about riots and protesters and makes no mention of Breonna Taylor.

Justice or better policing is not his concern.
    I mean, warrant aside. Those cops hit everything in the apartment except the guy with the gun. And Breonna five times.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Civitate

I mean, warrant aside. Those cops hit everything in the apartment except the guy with the gun. And Breonna five times.
    Some of those bullets hit other apartments too, including one with children.

But remember. Burning buildings and protesters are far more important.

Blame the judge for handing out no-knock warrants. The fact that "fiery but peaceful protesters" only care about the cops proves that they are fine with the practice, meaning that their protests aren't worth anything (except for innocent people's property they damaged or destroyed".

Civitate

Last time i checked it was the police who requested a no-knock warrant. Not the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Added a couple of important tidbits. At will employment, ain't it great folks?

They white knight for the wealthy that are conning them in the hopes they'll one day become one of those wealthy people.
    I'm amazed at the boneheaded idiocy of it. Imagine putting the interests of Corporations and CEO's above that of you and your own family, and then having the temerity to claim that the side that WANTS to give you employment rights are 'globalists' and are the enemy.

The GOP have done an incredible job of brainwashing people.

Blame the judge for handing out no-knock warrants. The fact that "fiery but peaceful protesters" only care about the cops proves that they are fine with the practice, meaning that their protests aren't worth anything (except for innocent people's property they damaged or destroyed".
    But supposedly well trained police can get it wrong as many times as they need to. But not untrained stereotyped "Democrats" right? You really need to work on your 'a law for me but not for thee' stereotypes.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last time i checked it was the police who requested a no-knock warrant. Not the judge.
    What police requested is irrelevant. Judges should be held responsible for no-knock raids and red flag raids.

But supposedly well trained police can get it wrong as many times as they need to. But not untrained stereotyped "Democrats" right? You really need to work on your 'a law for me but not for thee' stereotypes.
    Again, no warrant > no raid. Warrant> raid. Judge is at fault. I find it funny how people that support riots are very actively trying to avoid the reality of warrant-happy moron judge being at fault here.

I'm amazed at the boneheaded idiocy of it. Imagine putting the interests of Corporations and CEO's above that of you and your own family, and then having the temerity to claim that the side that WANTS to give you employment rights are 'globalists' and are the enemy.

The GOP have done an incredible job of brainwashing people.
    Yet its the Democrats who are owned by corporations and do their corporate bidding, all cheap virtue-signalling about environment and working class be damned. So much for being better then GOP, eh?

Civitate

What police requested is irrelevant. Judges should be held responsible for no-knock raids and red flag raids.
    No its relevant. The police requested the no-knock warrant. They could have requested a simple search warrant but they did not.

Not only that the FBI is investigating how the search warrant was obtained as it might have not been legal. That would be the fault of the officers as well.

Yet its the Democrats who are owned by corporations and do their corporate bidding, all cheap virtue-signalling about environment and working class be damned. So much for being better then GOP, eh?
    That statement makes no sense.

1. Firstly you claim that the Democrats are "owned by corporations and do their corporate bidding" (without any sources or evidence) with would indicate that the GOP are not (again with no sources or evidence). Which we all know to be a flat out lie.
    2. You then make some weird nebulous statement about "virtue signalling" and "working class be damned" without any context or explanation, and present that as concrete proof that somehow despite offering no help, solutions or rights for the American Working Class, the GOP are somehow better.

You tell me, as a GOP supporter, why are you happy to have no workers rights? Why must America be the only country in the western world not to give women paid maternity leave? Imagine having that conversation with your partner...

"Yes dear. I know you only gave birth yesterday, but you MUST go back to work tomorrow. I know your caesarean scar hasn't healed yet, but we need the money because our wages have been suppressed because of the lack of an organised labour movement. Remember, giving you paid maternity leave is communism and would eat into the profits of our corporate masters..."

No its relevant. The police requested the no-knock warrant. They could have requested a simple search warrant but they did not.

Not only that the FBI is investigating how the search warrant was obtained as it might have not been legal. That would be the fault of the officers as well.
    Again, if judge gave them the warrant, judge is at fault, since it was judges decision.

That statement makes no sense.

1. Firstly you claim that the Democrats are "owned by corporations and do their corporate bidding" (without any sources or evidence) with would indicate that the GOP are not (again with no sources or evidence). Which we all know to be a flat out lie.
    2. You then make some weird nebulous statement about "virtue signalling" and "working class be damned" without any context or explanation, and present that as concrete proof that somehow despite offering no help, solutions or rights for the American Working Class, the GOP are somehow better.

You tell me, as a GOP supporter, why are you happy to have no workers rights? Why must America be the only country in the western world not to give women paid maternity leave? Imagine having that conversation with your partner...

"Yes dear. I know you only gave birth yesterday, but you MUST go back to work tomorrow. I know your caesarean scar hasn't healed yet, but we need the money because our wages have been suppressed because of the lack of an organised labour movement. Remember, giving you paid maternity leave is communism and would eat into the profits of our corporate masters..."
    Yet the Democrats are the ones that represent the tonedeaf establishment, while Trump actually does the crazy thing and represents his voters.
    All the bad things you listed, poorly constructed strawmen aside, are result of establishment globalist politics, doesn't matter whether its GOP or Dems.
    For almost a century US presidential election were centrist middle-of-the-road boomer on the right vs. centrist middle-of-the-road boomer on the left, both being establishment's pawns and practically presenting no choice for the population aside from the course outlined to both parties by financial elites, who, of course, nobody gets to chose.
    Trump changed it and made it people vs establishment. That's why hoes American corporate elites are mad.
    Question is, why do you, as Democrat supporter, support a party that goes against your interests? Why do you support endless wars in Middle East which Schumer/Pelosi types want to continue forever? What benefit do you gain from giving corporations full reign at your own expense?
    Democrats today are the party of pseudo-educated politically immature urbanite, who is as easily manipulated by Democrats as evangelical was easily manipulated by RHINOs in the 1980s.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; September 24, 2020 at 12:11 PM.

Civitate

Again, if judge gave them the warrant, judge is at fault, since it was judges decision.
    Nope. Judges approve warrants, they don't give them out. Judges are not responsible for how police handle and conduct the search warrants they apply.

There can be no search warrant on Taylor's house without the police requesting and providing evidence for one.

And if the FBI investigation finds that the police fabricated evidence for their search warrant they will be charged. Not the judge.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Crack shots, one and all.

This is simply unacceptable. Don't they have to pass a marksmanship test under stress? Heck, how'bout just some marksmanship.