View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 86 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: USA elections 2020

It looks like Hunter Biden will probably never be president. Unfortunately for the GOP, Hunter Biden isn't running for president, either.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    It looks like Hunter Biden will probably never be president. Unfortunately for the GOP, Hunter Biden isn't running for president, either.
    Neither is Don Junior running, neither is Ivanka.

However, I believe that if your son is a sleazebag then the father is at least partially responsible.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

However, I believe that if your son is a sleazebag then the father is at least partially responsible.
    Its quite disgusting how both sides have flung collateral mud at family members.

Also you paradigm does not fit the Bush family. Aside from a certain personal awkwardness the father and son are like chalk and cheese. Bush Snr was a seemingly amoral apparatitchik who rose to the Presidency at a time of civilizational transformation and negotiated the deflation of the Soviet colossus without a war. As far as "wars that never happened" go as an historical category that would have to be the biggest. Bush Jnr was a person of persuasive faith and (after his conversion) by all accounts a very moral and caring individual who fronted for a vicious cabal of Big Oil and the Military Industrial complex, starting wars for profit and disgracing the national honour with policies like "torture is OK when we do it because did you see Jack Bauer in 24?".

Its stupid to mark down either candidate because their idiot sons tango'd with East Slav crooks. Both candidates have themselves gone into that mess, and for that they should be judged harshly.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

The FBI is now investigating whether this fake ass Hunter Biden story was another fabrication from Russian interference.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...reign-n1243620
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Finally. An actual news story about this.

Don't give Mr. Hunter Biden the reigns of his father's business enterprises and a job with questionable white house security clearance, and we would still looking at a decrease in White House nepotism.

I've heard that punishing children for the sins of their parents is questionable, but the reverse is just as weird. Some kids just turn out differently than their parents for any number of reasons.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Anything about that except that "it is not important"? Any other sources?
    We know HH is gonna do HH, but if you wanna eat up a russian op like it's a steak dinner, you do you.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Its quite disgusting how both sides have flung collateral mud at family members.

Its stupid to mark down either candidate because their idiot sons tango'd with East Slav crooks. Both candidates have themselves gone into that mess, and for that they should be judged harshly.
    On the contrary, I think the failure that was Bush2 as a person reflects on his father, the only president since 1992 to lose re-election. Trump will probably be the 2nd such president. Also, Reagan practically dismantled communism along with Gorbachev and Bush1 was around to see Communism falling.

I've heard that punishing children for the sins of their parents is questionable, but the reverse is just as weird. Some kids just turn out differently than their parents for any number of reasons.
    Indeed. But them turning bad reflects badly on their parents also for a number of reasons. You can hardly say the parents have no fault for raising a sleazebag that would #### his brother's widow, sire a bastard and hide from it while at it, and then make questionable deals with oligarchs.
    Biden should have done a better job as a father before asking to be given the job of the PotUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    if you wanna eat up a russian op like it's a steak dinner, you do you.
    Asking for sources is not eat up Russian propaganda. On the other hand, dismissing the story because it doesn't help Biden is actually eating up Democrat propaganda like it's a steak dinner.
    Sorry, but Hunter Biden is no angel. So yes, there's a reasonable chance that this is not propaganda and something along these lines happened. Hence the FBI is investigating it, because it is possible. I will wait the results of the Investigation before saying "it's progandaaaaa!!!!!!111111oneoneone"

That's the same like saying "I believe Ford about that incident with Kavanaugh that nobody else could confirm but I don't believe Reed about an incident she has alluded to since the year it allegedly happened and she had spoken to people about it."
    It is solely double standards.
    For the record, I don't believe either Ford or Reade. I think Ford is confused and I think Reed is lying. But I don't go from "When a woman claims sexual assault, start off with the presumption she tells the truth" (Biden September 2018) to "Don't believe her!" (Biden Spring 2020).
    Last edited by alhoon; October 17, 2020 at 05:03 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Praeses

On the contrary, I think the failure that was Bush2 as a person reflects on his father....
    Really don't understand this bit: Bush II is generally acknowledged to be a sincere and caring person, if a bit naïve. "Too nice for politics" or "a stooge" but a failure as a person? The father was head of the CIA and that senile puppet Reagan's VP, lowlights in a pretty Mephistophelian career, but he did The Right Thing in the many crises Reagan's Bush II-like regime left.

On reflection there's some similarities there: Reagan like Bush II was a puppet who left a serious economic crisis which was addressed by fairly tall thin men who present as geeks but were actually from pretty grimy schools (CIA and Chicago respectively). Both left serious military impasses too, but Obama was not in Bush's league as a foreign policy man though, he sent Clinton to the Arab Spring, absolute shamble and not a blunder Bush would have made.

...the only president since 1992 to lose re-election. Trump will probably be the 2nd such president. Also, Reagan practically dismantled communism along with Gorbachev and Bush1 was around to see Communism falling. ....
    Reagan dismantled Communism? Nah he was a doddering shill fronting a cabinet of profiteers: i think Bush Snr was Big Oil's man inside in that racket. The US was too powerful for the USSR for generations, they ran out of steam and fell apart. As president, Bush Snr lowered the body to the floor without it exploding, a piece of genius. He actually led.
    Last edited by Cyclops; October 17, 2020 at 06:38 AM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Asking for sources is not eat up Russian propaganda. On the other hand, dismissing the story because it doesn't help Biden is actually eating up Democrat propaganda like it's a steak dinner.
    Sorry, but Hunter Biden is no angel. So yes, there's a reasonable chance that this is not propaganda and something along these lines happened. Hence the FBI is investigating it, because it is possible. I will wait the results of the Investigation before saying "it's progandaaaaa!!!!!!111111oneoneone"
    Meh, White House was warned by their own Intelligence apparatus that Rudy was being targeted for Russian disinformation. Trump shrugged. You don't like it and want to eat this up? You do you.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Except for the evidence proving Biden being directly involved with shady dealings in Ukraine and China.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

I thought it was funny when I saw a Democrat claiming that people just don't forget their Macbooks. Seriously? A crack head millionaire who can buy Macbooks a dozen at a time? I suspect there are a few unaccounted iPhones out there somewhere.

Meanwhile, more things are coming out about Hunter Biden selling access to the White House. This time from his business partner:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ite_house.html

I had to add this. You have to see Biden's teleprompter to believe it:

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=173655
    Last edited by B. W.; October 17, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Meh, White House was warned by their own Intelligence apparatus that Rudy was being targeted for Russian disinformation. Trump shrugged. You don't like it and want to eat this up? You do you.
    No, I am asking for sources unlike Giuliani or people in this thread that automatically assume that it is indeed a Russian-born fake news story. I didn't say it is true, I didn't say it isn't.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Except for the evidence proving Biden being directly involved with shady dealings in Ukraine and China.
    I recently learned that this assumption is probably false.Why? Obama offered financial assistance when Biden planned to sell his house to support son Beau, who died of brain cancer in May 2016.

In the same year, Trump paid 750 dolars in federal income taxes, the poor billionaire.

--
    Without comments,
    Trumpdigs in on conspiracy theory over bin Laden raid | TheHill

PresidentTrump is doubling down on his decision to retweet an unfounded QAnonconspiracy theory that Osama bin Laden is still alive...Pressed on his decision by NBC moderator Savannah Guthrie, Trump would not disavow QAnon and only replied: “That was a retweet, and I do a lot of retweets.
    Last edited by Ludicus; October 17, 2020 at 06:44 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Giuliani Is 'Drunk All the Time' and Russian Disinformation Campaigns Are Taking Advantage: Trump's Ex-Lawyer

The former fixer for President Donald Trump has said that the president's current personal lawyer is susceptible to being manipulated by Moscow because he is "drunk all the time."
    Michael Cohen made the claim on MSNBC where he spoke about the White House reportedly being warned by U.S. intelligence that the former New York City mayor was susceptible to Russian disinformation about the Democratic presidential contender, Joe Biden.
    That they won't release the metadata proves it's fake. They probably got this alleged laptop by digging through the same trash heap they found Tara Reade in.

Republicans chased out anyone with a shred of integrity or patriotism years ago, to the point that they now get all of their talking points and take orders directly from their Russian bosses. At this point new cold war with Russia is likely inevitable, since Putin will never accept the existence of a United States outside of his control.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

The twists and turns in the Russia scandals are fascinating.

At first Putin was encouraging people to vote for Trump in order to undermine Hillary, but not enough that Hillary would lose, just enough to make her mandate weak.

Then it worked too well and Putin had an unpredictable Trump that he didn't really want.

Then he realised that Trump was predictable and manipulatable.

I feel a this stage that Putin should just be openly renting advertising hoardings on Times Square.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Prediction time!!!!

Here is my prediction, which I am not sure about BTW but I consider the more plausible:
    Trump will win Florida and Ohio. He will get either North Carolina or Arizona. He will win one of Minnesota, Nevada or Wisconsin.
    He will lose Pennsylvania and with it, the election.
    My prediction remains the same: Trump will win Florida, lose Pennsylvania, win one of the kinda-Biden states and lose one of the kinda-Trump states. He will be a few electors short ~> he will not easily accept the results of the election ~> trouble.

Trump digs in on conspiracy theory over bin Laden raid

President Trump is doubling down on his decision to retweet an unfounded QAnon conspiracy theory that Osama bin Laden is still alive, a move that threatens to alienate members of the military with the election less than three weeks away.

Trump's amplification of conspiracy theories that bin Laden’s death was faked and that a body double that was killed instead comes on the heels of reports that disparaged soldiers and his suggestion that he may have contracted coronavirus from Gold Star families.

Military observers say the president's propensity to retweet suspect material about a military operation isn't likely to help win back any support.

“It’s certainly not going to help him,” Gary Schmitt, a national security expert with the conservative American Enterprise Institute, said of the retweets.
    Trump has always had an intense jealousy of Obama. That’s no secret. I think Trump wanted our special ops to give him the same type of “win” they gave Obama. Now he realizes that’s not gonna happen, so he’s lashing out at our special ops forces. Basically calling them liars. It’s all driven by jealous insecurity.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

My prediction remains the same: Trump will win Florida, lose Pennsylvania, win one of the kinda-Biden states and lose one of the kinda-Trump states. He will be a few electors short ~> he will not easily accept the results of the election ~> trouble.
    Are we doing predictions... I guess we're close to 2 weeks out... caveat out front... I got 2016 wrong...

After spending a lot of time in this thread, and reading the room, I get the feeling that Trump is toast. I also think Trump is going to be so blown away that that it's going to be beyond doubt and that all this "not going to accept the election" rubbish will be irrelevant.

I also think the Democrats will go close to taking the senate, or they're going to be painfully close. But it will be close enough, that those new Democrat senators will be pretty centrist or even slightly righty and they'll make Biden's first year tough and this along with Biden's natural centrist outlook will effectively hand-break any thoughts of a new green deal that urban voters may want. We'll see something similar to Trump's first year where nothing of great substance could be achieved in spite of controlling the Hill. I also think Biden is going to be surprisingly hawkish - particularly on Russia and China. Trump's China policy will continue, but Biden really has to show that he's tough on Russia.
    Last edited by antaeus; October 18, 2020 at 04:39 AM. Reason: If you notice this notice...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Trump suggests he'll leave the U.S. if he loses to Biden - Axios

This is my best guess: he will leave for Russia or Bolsonaro’s Brasil.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Trump suggests he'll leave the U.S. if he loses to Biden - Axios

This is my best guess: he will leave for Russia or Bolsonaro’s Brasil.
    I dunno why he’d suggest a willingness to sweeten the deal for voters so close to the election.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII