View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 69 of 201 FirstFirst ... 194459606162636465666768697071727374757677787994119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    He deliberately avoided condemning them. He was asked directly, and the question was reiterated a couple of times. He did not denounce them. I mean I don't know how much more direct you can get without openly associating with them.
    I updated my post while you posted. "While he did refuse to say white supremacist, he was literally using the word Wallace suggested... "Stand down" was Wallace's suggestion"
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Biden acted presidential, the intellectual level of Trump's rhetoric was obvious for anyone to see. Obvious. Stand back and stand by.

Oh please. There was nothing presidential on display from anyone in this debate. These attempts to portray Trump as bad yet somehow Biden as good are just laughable. I mean Trump may have sounded like a petulant child when in response to Wallace's chastising for his interruptions he said "so does he", but he had a point. Neither candidate afforded the other much respect, they both repeatedly attacked each other personally, they both got families involved etc. You want to say but Trump was a bit worse, if so, what? This is on the same level as Trump's complaint about the interruptions and hardly the point. If Biden can't keep his cool because he got interrupted a few times that's not him somehow "winning", it's him showing he is hardly above it all.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    [/B]Oh please. There was nothing presidential on display from anyone in this debate. These attempts to portray Trump as bad yet somehow Biden as good are just laughable. I mean Trump may have sounded like a petulant child when in response to Wallace's chastising for his interruptions he said "so does he", but he had a point. Neither candidate afforded the other much respect, they both repeatedly attacked each other personally, they both got families involved etc. You want to say but Trump was a bit worse, if so, what? This is on the same level as Trump's complaint about the interruptions and hardly the point. If Biden can't keep his cool because he got interrupted a few times that's not him somehow "winning", it's him showing he is hardly above it all.
    If Wallace can't control Trump or doesn't have the nuts to hit the mute button then Biden has a responsibility to fight the same battle that Trump is fighting.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    If Wallace can't control Trump or doesn't have the nuts to hit the mute button then Biden has a responsibility to fight the same battle that Trump is fighting.
    There is no mute button and that's a good thing because, as you say, it allowed us to see the true Biden. And that Biden sure wasn't presidential.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    I updated my post while you posted. "While he did refuse to say white supremacist, he was literally using the word Wallace suggested... "Stand down" was Wallace's suggestion"
    He didn't say stand down, he said stand back. Proud Boys, stand back, and stand by. Pretty sure Trump said exactly what he meant.

[/B]Oh please. There was nothing presidential on display from anyone in this debate.
    I understand this is your opinion. Just realize that it is inconsistent with reality.

These attempts to portray Trump as bad yet somehow Biden as good are just laughable. I mean Trump may have sounded like a petulant child when in response to Wallace's chastising for his interruptions he said "so does he", but he had a point.
    Uh huh, so are you telling me that Biden acted exactly like Trump? The number of interruptions was similar? The nature of insults was similar? The level of rhetoric was similar?

Neither candidate afforded the other much respect, they both repeatedly attacked each other personally, they both got families involved etc. You want to say but Trump was a bit worse, if so, what? This is on the same level as Trump's complaint about the interruptions and hardly the point. If Biden can't keep his cool because he got interrupted a few times that's not him somehow "winning", it's him showing he is hardly above it all.
    What was the worst thing Biden said about Trump's family? What was the worst thing Trump said about Biden's family? Let's compare notes.
    Last edited by Love Mountain; September 29, 2020 at 11:18 PM.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

There is no mute button and that's a good thing because, as you say, it allowed us to see the true Biden. And that Biden sure wasn't presidential.
    Like "The Donald" is.

Citizen

What would be presidential to you?

Politely stop talking every time Trump interrupted and wait for Wallace to flail around and do nothing?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

What would be presidential to you?

Politely stop talking every time Trump interrupted and wait for Wallace to flail around and do nothing?
    Yes actually. Have some dignity man. Don't stoop so low. Trump already has a reputation as an oaf, let him do your job for you and just hammer him down on policy, rather than petty nonsense like his tax returns or his family, or the random name-calling . Trump will get skewered by the press for his behaviour in this debate anyway, why give fodder to the other side? What was the reason to get so nasty when you have like an 8 points lead already.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

And when Biden was asked if he was going to pack the court he said, "I'm not going to answer that question".

It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    And when Biden was asked if he was going to pack the court he said, "I'm not going to answer that question".

It works both ways.
    Yeah that was a serious foul alright and on a question much more serious and pertinent than empty soundbite traps like "do you renounce white supremacy?"

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

He didn't say stand down, he said stand back. Proud Boys, stand back, and stand by. Pretty sure Trump said exactly what he meant.
    You're right... Trump asked for names to condemn... Biden shouted out Proud Boys... Trump said "Stand back and stand by" I also think had Biden shouted out "White supremacist instead of Proud Boys" he would have told them to "Stand back". It's a garbled exchange based on Wallace's suggestion that he ask groups to "Stand down" Trump should probably have added "or whatever" to the end of it. Because that seems to me like the intent. "Stand back and stand by or whatever"

I'm probably as anti-Trump as anyone on this site, but I can forgive a rambled condemnation that could be taken the wrong way. Like I said... it's a wonderful sound byte, and one that would have had his team SMH all over the place. But I'd rather condemn him for actual stances like his refusal to rule out calling for violence after the election.
    Last edited by antaeus; September 29, 2020 at 11:29 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Citizen

You're right... Trump asked for names to condemn... Biden shouted out Proud Boys... Trump said "Stand back and stand by" I also think had Biden shouted out "White supremacist instead of Proud Boys" he would have told them to "Stand back". It's a garbled exchange based on Wallace's suggestion that he ask groups to "Stand down" Trump should probably have added "or whatever" to the end of it. Because that seems to me like the intent. "Stand back and stand by or whatever"

I'm probably as anti-Trump as anyone on this site, but I can forgive a rambled condemnation that could be taken the wrong way. Like I said... it's a wonderful sound byte, and one that would have had his team SMH all over the place. But I'd rather condemn him for actual stances like his refusal to rule out calling for violence after the election.
    He didn't say "Or whatever" because that's not what he meant. In fact after he said to "stand by" he said "somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left."

Who could he possibly mean? Perhaps the people he just told to "stand by?"
    ttt

Yeah that was a serious foul alright and on a question much more serious and pertinent than empty soundbite traps like "do you renounce white supremacy?"
    No it isn't. It's consistent with Biden's earlier statements. Moreover, Trump's refusal to renounce White Supremacy is far more worrying than than packing the courts.

I think it's about time to stop giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. He's made it clear that he understands white nationalists are his allies. This isn't the first time he failed to denounce them. So no, this isn't the result of a garbled exchanged that made Trump's statement come out wrong. This is Trump deliberately choosing his words to avoid offending part of his base. This was about as direct of a question as possible and he failed the test.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Trump is spaming since years now out of his white house office. He is not your ex-bully from high school, he is an extremely powerful man now who holds the most ridiculous of grudges and who cannot be trusted with his office.

Citizen

I think it's about time to stop giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. He's made it clear that he understands white nationalists are his allies. This isn't the first time he failed to denounce them. So no, this isn't the result of a garbled exchanged that made Trump's statement come out wrong. This is Trump deliberately choosing his words to avoid offending part of his base. This was about as direct of a question as possible and he failed the test.
    Exactly, and white nationalists are easy to please, they understand that politicians need to denounce them publicly and will still support them as long as said politician supports the agenda.

The fact that Trump isn't even willing to do that bare minimum is very telling.
    ttt

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I didn't watch the debate, I just read an article about it and... 69% or something of the responders were disappointed because it was apparently a shouting match between two old men.

I am watching part of it now, and at least in the opening stages, Biden looks too old and too tired.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I didn't watch the debate, I just read an article about it and... 69% or something of the responders were disappointed because it was apparently a shouting match between two old men.

I am watching part of it now, and at least in the opening stages, Biden looks too old and too tired.
    "Both Sides" lmao. Even people who watched the debate can't put aside their ridiculous bias towards balance.

Exactly, and white nationalists are easy to please, they understand that politicians need to denounce them publicly and will still support them as long as said politician supports the agenda.

The fact that Trump isn't even willing to do that bare minimum is very telling.
    He wouldn't have lost their support even if he did denounce them, in my opinion. I also find Alastor's characterization that the White Supremacist question was some kind of a "trap". Lmao. This was literally the easiest softball question he could've gotten, and an easy way for the President to counter criticisms that he is a racist. Yet he couldn't even do that.
    Last edited by Love Mountain; September 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM.

Citizen

"Both Sides" lmao. Even people who watched the debate can't put aside their ridiculous bias towards balance.
    Most people seem to agree Biden won though

"Before debate" was asking who they think would win.

Last edited by the_mango55; September 30, 2020 at 12:06 AM.
    ttt

Also,

From Oregon Live. Lmao, he lies so ing much. Tell me alhoon and Alastor. Both sides, amirite?

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

The president was the center of attention as usual.

I think they both lost, but Trump needed a win more than Biden. Also, not being willing to accept defeat or say that racists are bad was... not a good look.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement