Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [PROPOSAL] Frivolous Citizen Referals

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [PROPOSAL] Frivolous Citizen Referals

I would propose the following changes.
    This might have gained a modicum of support, had you not posed it like you just finished a marathon of 'yes minister.'

That said, this has merit. Never mind the nay sayers who claim we should not need something like this. We had a frivolous clause for years when far more erudite bodies walked these halls.

Pro-Curia tip; always hook up with a guy smarter than you [sic] to flesh out a proposal before posting it. At least get it proof read.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

had you not posed it like you just finished a marathon of 'yes minister.'
    Not sure what that is but I don't feel like these kinds of personal remarks, bordering on insults, are appropriate for the Curia.

At least get it proof read.
    The Consul read it over and told me to post it as is. And once again, this kind of comment is not really appropriate for the Curia (or TWC at all for that matter).

Honestly I don't see a reason for you to have posted here in the first place. If you don't have anything constructive to add, just say "opposed" or don't post at all.
    Last edited by Akar; April 09, 2020 at 06:45 PM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    This might have gained a modicum of support, had you not posed it like you just finished a marathon of 'yes minister.'

That said, this has merit. Never mind the nay sayers who claim we should not need something like this. We had a frivolous clause for years when far more erudite bodies walked these halls.

Pro-Curia tip; always hook up with a guy smarter than you [sic] to flesh out a proposal before posting it. At least get it proof read.
    Pro-Curia tip, if you think it has merit, offer merits that are more than "never mind the naysayers, important™ people agreed back in the day", and if it is problematic, offer improvements to the structure; this post, as Akar indicated, offers neither.

It was a short proposal and I believe it is too reactionary, yet it certainly wasn't a lack of basic proofreading that marks my shrug against it.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; April 09, 2020 at 07:45 PM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

I think the solution here is obvious. I suggest all in favour of this proposal start referring until either their keyboards give out, or the matter is pressing enough to consider measures.

That said, opposed
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    The purpose of the OP is to generate discussion on the issue. And, hopefully, make the necessary changes to the procedure.
    Which I very much support, it's a good base for discussion and a topic that should be discussed. While it might seem reactionary, would it not then be better to have something like this in and thus have it be pro-active for future instances?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I sincerely believe that the praefects already have means with which to deal with frivulous complaints; explain to the issuer why their report has been considered inappropriate. In the unlikely case of citizen referrals containing insults or in cases in which a complainant does not listen to reasons and waste the praefects time (unlikely too imo), they also have resources at their disposal (report said insults to moderation or initiate a citizen referral for observing an attitude inappropriate of a citizen).
    Last edited by mishkin; April 10, 2020 at 04:45 AM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

rule change proposal includes a grammatical error -> OPPOSED WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY AND ANGER

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Blog Entries

Not sure what that is but I don't feel like these kinds of personal remarks, bordering on insults, are appropriate for the Curia.
    The Consul read it over and told me to post it as is. And once again, this kind of comment is not really appropriate for the Curia (or TWC at all for that matter).
    Taking part of a sentence out of context to claim it's a 'personal remark bordering on insult,' is a poor habit easily exposed.

This is the Proth, not actually in the Curia.

The consul did you a disservice then.

Honestly I don't see a reason for you to have posted here in the first place. If you don't have anything constructive to add, just say "opposed" or don't post at all.
    Because hastily constructed and poorly written proposals are an annoyance, especially when they were gleamed from something I said in another thread.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Taking part of a sentence out of context to claim it's a 'personal remark bordering on insult,' is a poor habit easily exposed.

This is the Proth, not actually in the Curia.
    But the same rules apply here.

The consul did you a disservice then.

Because hastily constructed and poorly written proposals are an annoyance, especially when they were gleamed from something I said in another thread.
    "I've said it. I've done it." That makes me think about another well known citizen
    Seriously, you should take into account that Akar is quite new as a citizen. A bit of leniency wouldn't hurt.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

I'm very happy to see initiative and drive here, which should be encouraged and given constructive criticism. We're all on the same side, we want a better Curia/TWC
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    But the same rules apply here.

"I've said it. I've done it." That makes me think about another well known citizen
    Seriously, you should take into account that Akar is quite new as a citizen. A bit of leniency wouldn't hurt.
    My original intent was to be both lenient and constructive.

Perhaps you're right. The Proth does seem to be less robust since it was moved from the Curia main.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; April 10, 2020 at 01:16 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    We're all on the same side, we want a better Curia/TWC
    Yes, we are and perhaps this is something worth thinking about.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

My original intent was to be both lenient and constructive.

Perhaps you're right. The Proth does seem to be less robust since it was moved from the Curia main.
    I'm not sure which part of your post was supposedly constructive but the thread could have done without you derailing it.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

I'm not sure which part of your post was supposedly constructive but the thread could have done without you derailing it.
    I'm pretty much the only person in the thread that spoke about the merits of the proposal and it's historic veracity..

Sigh.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm pretty much the only person in the thread that spoke about the merits of the proposal and it's historic veracity..

Sigh.
    I'm sure you meant well, yet the statement of merit was one part 'forget about the naysayers, smarter people did this at one point' (if that wasn't the implication, that's unfortunate) and two parts critical, one of which understandably doesn't make much sense and the other is essentially 'you did it wrong', all without any particular detail. The response to you might have been strong, yet I think it's understandable given the merits you spoke of arguably posed less substance than the statement telling us after the fact you're the only one to speak of the merits.

If such a vague support is speaking of its merits, then I am the greatest supporter so far implying that there may be a case to it in the sense of a more efficient setup. At least that would lend the idea that the result has something to do with efficiency, rather than appealing to 'well, other people did it once upon a time'. CdeC was 'once upon a time' as well, as were many other things when 'erudite' bodies walked the halls, some of which were great, others poor, and other still not making a difference. Offering merits is more than such vague references. I hope I don't have to be an opponent who does that job to show you what I mean.

Blog Entries

This is getting off topic, closed and archived per request
    and Peaman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12