Thread: Government actions feature for GC- Which factions would use them?

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Icon1 Government actions feature for GC- Which factions would use them?

You guys know the government actions feature of Rise of Republic campaign. It should be possible to implement it to GC by swapping it with change government type option.

Obvious advantage of this feature is possibility of electing Consuls or Archons for politea factions.

For other cultures, any ideas about these actions, or about how these can be used to enrich politics? I think this can be a good submod.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: Government actions feature for GC- Which factions would use them?

Some factions like the Scythian nomads could get stuff like "Migration" where they can get an army but at the cost of region growth or something like that. Or perhaps the Carthaginians should get some kind of government action that grants them a half-stack or so of mercenaries at a certain price. I think there could be enough ideas for a lot of factions while also staying historically accurate or at least having historically plausible actions

Ah yes Carthaginian mercenary contracts event is something I always wanted to do (award them Xanthippus if Romans land on Africa or something like that).

Both are great and doable action ideas. Keep them coming Gyrosmeister!

I wish it was possible to keep the change government option and have government actions as well. The GC covers such a long time period, the change government option makes more sense but it would be a cool submod.

I did think about the other DLC campaigns having the actions, though.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

by swapping it with change government type option
    How to you plan to do that?
    I haven't started at all checking UI files with hex editing (which I think should be the method, not sure about gov buttons though). Have you?

@Dresden
    Having both options side by side would be amazing. But frankly besides positive/negative effects, I don't see a significant difference between government types. Lazy arse CA made all of them ruled by a single faction leader anyways, be it republic or be it empire.

However, if it is possible to remove the "government effect bundle" and assign a new one, we can quite possibly add a dilemma option for player to choose desired government type. Just like change capital option. That is why I am eager to see what Jake and Seleukos will come up with about adding new buttons to UI.

Imagine a button in politics screen that triggers a change government dilemma. Or a button to change laws in your realm. Now that would be interesting. :)

@Jake
    No UI editing needed. Just lua and database. Check TW blog post about RoR modding news:

Added a new mechanic called “Government actions” which optionally replaces the possibility to change a faction’s government type. Government actions can be defined using a combination of database records and scripting – see the faction_politics_government_actions_junctions table in the DB and the OnFactionPoliticsGovernmentActionTriggered function in campaignsmain_invasionscripting.lua.

Patrician

ah ok, perfect then... but weren't there ROTR only buttons to do that?
    I'm ignorant in the matter, I think I've opened ROTR just once or twice to see the map...

Nope, nothing needed but database and text files. Just confirmed it works:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Requirements can also be tweaked. Now to see how many of them can be added maximum.
    Last edited by valerius karamanus; April 09, 2020 at 01:03 PM.

Patrician

oh... really nice
    well done valerius, waiting for a release