Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is ISLAM?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: What Is ISLAM?

wanderwegger,

Christianity began the day when Abel was accounted righteous before God, Islam some 4,000 plus years after so how can it be older?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    wanderwegger,

Christianity began the day when Abel was accounted righteous before God, Islam some 4,000 plus years after so how can it be older?

Now this is just silly. I suppose the earth is only 4500 years old too.

wanderwegger,

God created all things a little over 6,000 years ago. By his offering of a lamb to God Abel was accounted righteous before God meaning that God put to his account that one day Messias would clear the curse of sin from off him and so it is written that Abel was the first Christian, called saints then, in the world. So from Abel on we find men and women who were accounted righteous right up until the Crucifixion when Jesus Christ cleared every sinner who had an account from God of their sin as well as those living then and also those yet to be born whom God foreknew. It's only silly to them that are not His.

wanderwegger,

God created all things a little over 6,000 years ago.
    I see. So ends our discussions. Forever and ever. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderwegger View Post
    I see. So ends our discussions. Forever and ever. Amen.
    As far as God's word on the matter counts, yes the argument is over.

What are the sources on 6000 years? Can’t find it in the verse. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderwegger View Post
    What are the sources on 6000 years? Can’t find it in the verse. Please advise.
    Roughly 6,000 was used by Muslims and Christians. It up by adding up the ages of all the characters in the Bible using geneologies given in the Bible.going back to Adam. you can estimate how old the earth is..

For example, Luke gives the grneology of Jesus going back to Adam - assume 40 years per each generation except for the early biblical characters in the bible where it gives actual years and you get how old the.earth is after you add how long ago Jesus lived

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

As far as God's word on the matter counts, yes the argument is over.
    Or the supposed implied word of god, that fails to match obvious measurable reality, so no not over.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Ouch! What ever happened to the other 4.543.000.000 years?

Anyways, just passing thru.... Don't mind me...

- A

wanderwegger,

When was the first man created?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    When was the first man created?
    PointOfViewGun,

On the sixth day of creation.

PointOfViewGun,

About 6 thousand years ago?
    The Armenian Issue

6000 years used to be what people believe upnil modern times sah 18th or 19th century was the age of the earth. Man was created 5999.99 years ago, 6000 years less 6 days according to basic.

Tne date was determing by.adding the years up of every character going back to Adamm. Mew Testsment has a geneology going from Adam to Jesus. Adding the ages of each man in the geneology gives you age of earth less 6 days.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

6000 years used to be what people believe upnil modern times sah 18th or 19th century was the age of the earth
    Well technically only some people who were christian using the bible. Most people for most time would not have had any reason to have used the 6000 and certainly if they cared to think about had some other number.

The Sumerians and Egyptians going their own traditions would give numbers back to the time of the gods alone in the world at number exceeding 200,000 and than time unmeasured. The Greek philosophy was not too concerned on dating but certainly say Democritus and Aristotle and even Plato would all dismissed a chronology based on biblical genealogies as silly. I believe it was Plato (or maybe Herodotus) who tells the story of a Greek traveling in Egypt boasting of his linage of some 12 or so more generations back to a hero (and thus the mythic era). The Egyptian Priests were amused and show him the linage of priests recorded that they have that is as I recall is well over 300 generations (not caring to look up the exact number but it was more than 300). Upshot was just take the history of Egypt proper thay would something like 12,000+ even with all the fantastical life spans of the Bible and that is not even seen as date for creation just start the priestly lineage.
    Last edited by conon394; August 18, 2020 at 07:30 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

May I suggest you get hold of Robert V Gentry's Book called Creation's Tiny Mystery which is about his research into the atomic life of rocks whereby he proves that the earth is not as old as claimed by the establishment. He is recognised as the leading figure in his field which makes the book a need to read concerning the lifespan of this planet.

PointOfViewGun,

Can I get a yes or no, basics?
    The Armenian Issue

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

conon394,

May I suggest you get hold of Robert V Gentry's Book called Creation's Tiny Mystery which is about his research into the atomic life of rocks whereby he proves that the earth is not as old as claimed by the establishment. He is recognised as the leading figure in his field which makes the book a need to read concerning the lifespan of this planet.
    It pains me having to relate to you the fact that there is no such thing as "atomic life of rocks".
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Basics, if I look this guy up will he be like all of the other people you cite and have faked all of his credentials and lied about his research?

because I have a feeling it's going to end up like that....

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Basics, if I look this guy up will he be like all of the other people you cite and have faked all of his credentials and lied about his research?

because I have a feeling it's going to end up like that....
    Oh no, that guy is totally legit, he's just being harrassed by THE ESTABLISHMENT because he's a Christian. George Soros is pissed at him because he won't sacrifice fetuses to Satan in a pizzeria.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Iskar,

His expertise is in the field of geophysical phenomena of radioactive halos so unless you can prove otherwise you are quite wrong. Read his book.