Thread: CTD after changing the EDU... And changing it back!

Default CTD after changing the EDU... And changing it back!

Hi good peoples, this mod is awesome!

A question though as the title suggests, why is it when you modify the Rusichi EDU does the game crash? The only change i did was to delete the 'no_custom' attribute of a unit (pronairi infantry) so i could see what the models looked like. So the game immediately CTD upon starting again... And weirdly even though i went back and changed the EDU back exactly as before it still kept crashing again! And like an idiot i hadn't backed up the original EDU so i had to reinstall the entire mod again... Ugh, lesson learnt.

But anyway why is this the case? Are there any other mods out there that this happens to too and is there a way around this?

And finally as there is no preference cfg. am i right in saying that i can't set the log to trace any errors unless i generate a cfg. myself?

Many thanks if anyone has any answers

Default Re: CTD after changing the EDU... And changing it back!

Maybe you didn't make it exactly the way it was before. Or maybe the program you used introduced some changes to the file.

When i did that it worked out fine for me. Maybe check your system log and see what happened.

EDU seems to contain a couple issues. First, there are many instances of lists of factions (such as ownership) that have 'slave,'. The comma followed by no other faction causes an error in Geomod, so its possible that issue along with something else is causing the error, though it alone isn't enough to throw a CTD. Second is that on line 5715, the Afghan Javelinmen Mercs unit has a javelin weapon using a range of 445, despite the hard coded limit for javelins being 91. Not sure how that'd cause a CTD.

As for the .bat and .cfg files, you are correct you'd need to create them. I like the Bare_Kingdoms version of this:
    Rusichi.cfg:
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Rusichi_TW
    [io]
    file_first = true
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    level = * error
    [video]
    windowed = 1
    movies = 0
    show_banners = 0
    borderless_window = 1
    [game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = huge
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    [misc]
    show_hud_date = true
    Rusichi.bat:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Rusichi.cfg) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (
    start medieval2.exe @%0\..\Rusichi.cfg) ELSE (
    echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
    echo You probably installed 'Rusichi TW' into the wrong folder.
    pause
    )
    )