View Poll Results: What shall be done about this referral?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Further action

0 0%
  • Dismiss

2 100.00%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [2020-I] [Citizen Referral] General Brewster

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default [2020-I] [Citizen Referral] General Brewster

I would like to make a citizen referral.

Behavior Unbecoming of a Citizen

General Brewster

in this thread

post #52 here

3rd statement from the top and 5th statement from the top

..."Refuse to take ownership and piss on me and everyone supporting this" ....

..."the same Constitution which is pissed upon by throwing out the rules"...

These statements are a direct violation of the Terms of Service, Section 9, article 2 -

"Providing images, videos, or verbal descriptions of an unreasonably disgusting nature. This includes, but is not limited to: Excrement and other obscene example of bodily

functions."

These statements are vulgar and offensive references. They have no place in the proposal, and are designed to disrupt the flow of conversation with the offensive references to

bodily functions. (TOS, Section 9, article 2 - Obscene Content) and (TOS, Article 6 - Disruptive Posting).

Furthermore, it is demeaning and insulting as a personal reference to a fellow citizen who has not engaged in any provocative behavior. This statement and its content is

entirely unwarranted. (TOS Section 8 - Insulting Others)
    Last edited by King Athelstan; April 01, 2020 at 05:40 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Default Re: [2020-I] [Citizen Referral] General Brewster

Defense requested
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Default Re: [2020-1] [Citizen Referral] General Brewster

Defense received

I'd say dear members of the Triumvirate but I really have no idea how it's called anymore these days. So, Hello.

I have given years of my effort for this site, in particular this section and this is how I am met when I point out a completely legitimate flaw in proceedings. I am so angry I cannot even stop shaking. Nor can I supply you with an adequate response. For all intents and purposes do what you must, but if you decide to take further action, do so. If this is the current Curia I'd rather lose it all. All I ever had on this site was the pride of being a citizen. attained through modding. The reason many of us came to this board in the first place. If I must be referred and the prefects don't deem it frivolous and you must excuse me that I am rather certain that it is.. while I'd admit that might be unfounded. Regardless. If this must go to the stage where a punishment is being chooses please remove my rank.

Ciao.

PS: Please do make this public.

I don't have time to look this though and review it this late, but I'll get to it in the morning. Feel free to chime in in the meantime L_I
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Defense received

I don't have time to look this though and review it this late, but I'll get to it in the morning. Feel free to chime in in the meantime L_I
    I have no additional comments procedurally, and for the avoidance of any conflict of interest, I’ll refrain from commenting further at this time, until directed otherwise. Thank you for taking the initiative in getting things underway.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    I have no additional comments procedurally, and for the avoidance of any conflict of interest, I’ll refrain from commenting further at this time, until directed otherwise. Thank you for taking the initiative in getting things underway.
    We're the two meant to discuss this and I'd rather not do it all by myself as we both have to vote in the poll, so please do comment on this.

Anyways, from what I see this seems quite thin, I believe we already took appropriate action by removing the phrasing in the post. I do not believe as they were designed to "disrupt the flow of conversation with the offensive references to bodily functions", but rather to emphasize a point and show, well, anger. In addition, the word "pissed" is commonly used all over TWC, and is inline with the ToS.

While the phrase "pissed upon" is a tad sharp, the constitution states the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Constitution
    Due to the nature of the Curia, Praefects recognize that off topic and personal references are allowed, within reason.7
    There's two points to be made here: Personal references are allowed, within reason. The usage of "pissed upon" is on the raunchier side of phrasing it. The Curia however is by design more lax than the rest of the TWC, as the quoted part mentions. It is used to describe the users actions, and not the user itself. While they were steep enough to warrant being censored out of the post itself, I believe it to be quite borderline nonetheless. It is a very minor and petty thing and very little to base a citizen referral on, as I see it.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by King Athelstan; April 01, 2020 at 05:55 PM.
    and Peaman

Ah my apologies. I was confused because I deem the referral to be frivilous in the first place, predisposing me in favor of its dismissal.

While I wholeheartedly endorse your assessment and don’t have much to add, I’ll nevertheless attempt to do my part:

The case hinges on two points. First, the complainant takes issue with specific phrases and words used by the defense. As you note here:
    I believe we already took appropriate action by removing the phrasing in the post.
    Second, while the expression, “[subject has] pissed upon” could be construed as a borderline personal reference, it is well within the bounds of curial discourse in such case.

To that end, the question is whether the defense’s behavior warrants further disciplinary action. Based on the above, I believe it does not.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

Then we're in agreement, I'll add the poll when the designated time has passed.
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Poll up

Voted
    and Peaman

Voted

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Dismissed & archived publicly at request.