Thread: DEI Campaign for Caesars Civil War...I would even pay 50€ and more for that. I've never been more serious.

Default DEI Campaign for Caesars Civil War...I would even pay 50€ and more for that. I've never been more serious.

Hi Dresden.

Your campaign mods about Alexander, Spartacus and Constantine are better than the official DLC's. Thank you so much!

Could you also create a campaign mod for Julius Caesar please?
    He is the most popular roman in history and his civil war against pompey and the senate has great potential to be a spectacular game experience. I already can imagine the first text message: "Alea iacta est. Your troops have passed the Rubicon my great Caesar."

I think you are the only one with the needed skills to do it. I think Creative Assembley could learn from you how campagins have to look like.

Best regards,
    Tom

Default Re: DEI Campaign for Caesars Civil War...I would even pay 50€ and more for that. I've never been more serious.

I would pay more to have them make a Marius and Sulla Numidia-German Invasion-Pontus campaign instead =D

Civis

Default Re: DEI Campaign for Caesars Civil War...I would even pay 50€ and more for that. I've never been more serious.

50+ EUR for how much time effort and for what audience? You should have a voting poll first if at all

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    I would pay more to have them make a Marius and Sulla Numidia-German Invasion-Pontus campaign instead =D
    This would bring a better scenario because of the diversity of the enemies. In the case of Julius Caesar it would only be romans vs romans just like Imperator Augustus and ED.

But Julius Caesar is in a special place in my heart.

I want this! A Caesar's Civil War campaign would be amazing, and I've talked about one on this forum before too...I am willing to pay. How does one start a poll on TWC?

I am even willing to help write scripts and help research if you guys are short on hands...

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mmmhhh...
    Sorry to disappoint you guys but I don't really think there is any plan for that... from anyone.
    At least not that I heard of.
    Could be some dev or some modder have plans in the back of their mind... but no, nothing that will start anytime soon.

There are others project which are slowly being built though (speaking of different settings for campaign).

If you have some capabilities (scripters are "rare goods" for example) and the will to mod then just raise your hands.
    Someone will surely find you something interesting to do or to think about...

ps. I think that to open a poll you'll need at least 25 posts

Yeah what Jake said, we already got several campaigns still WIP, including the DLC ones and the Alexander one, as well as perhaps some super duper secret ones. Just adding a new one to the schedule because you're paying for it, would defeat the purpose of our mod, it being a service to all players, rather than those sponsoring the most. So yes, maybe far along the line, we could add on new projects, but not right now, if anyone else picks it up, we could offer support where possible of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Obst-Besitzer View Post
    Hi Dresden.

Your campaign mods about Alexander, Spartacus and Constantine are better than the official DLC's. Thank you so much!
    Is there a DeI Spartacus mod somewhere? I played Alexander and Constantine: RoC but never heard of any Spartacus mod? Where can I find such things if there is?

If we are in a bidding war, then the "Rise of Macedonia, Age of Phillip", would be a great submod with the Wrath of Sparta map.

This was the man who built the army that conquered Persia and made Greece kneel. This is the man who began the spread of Hellenism. If Phillip II of Macedon had not brought Macedon from the ashes, there is no way that Greek Culture spread from Greece to India.

Yes, Alexander was a great and charismatic leader, but Phillip II was a King.
    Last edited by JCB206; May 26, 2020 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Is there a DeI Spartacus mod somewhere? I played Alexander and Constantine: RoC but never heard of any Spartacus mod? Where can I find such things if there is?
    There is a Spartacus Rises Mod but is not related to DEI.

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

I honestly don't understand the hype for this setting. We all know how lame Imperator Augustus campaign is, due to AI problems related to faction sizes. This setting is just an IA campaign with two Roman blobs instead of three. Sure characters are interesting, but gameplay is a different story.

In my opinion a ~115 B.C would be more intersting start as suggested above. Just before Marian Reforms. We have Iberian, Numidian, Northern Italy, Asia-Armenia-Pontos theaters and perhaps scripted Socii revolts. One idea I have in mind is that the city of Rome can be an independent faction as Senate. Senate gives missions to players, decides expansion routes, awards bonuses and punishes etc. Players would have the opportunity to march against Roma and subjugate it to transform into a dictatorship, if he/she is ready for the political instability afterwards.