Thread: Modding AI Settlement Capture Options

Default Modding AI Settlement Capture Options

Very little modding experience here.

Can someone just point me to where I would need to go to modify specific AI factions' options when capturing a settlement? For instance, if I wanted to stop a faction from being able to occupy settlements, or sack settlements, etc? This would be for GC.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Modding AI Settlement Capture Options

go here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...7#post15891637
    and check that pack, should point you out what tables are to be modded.
    there is a way to script that too but I'm pretty sure db should have everything you need

So I think what I'm looking for are the cai_personality_occupation_decision_priorities tables. But it looks like the weights are divided by very broad components. If I'm understanding correctly, I would be modifying the weights of the component that's assigned to the faction in question, but then that would alter every other faction under that component too, right? I'm not sure how I would be able to tie it to specific factions. Am I able to somehow add components myself to reassign the factions to?

I am actually doing this in DeI data btw, not vanilla.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I don't know much how these things work honestly, never modded nor checked them.
    The best way for understanding things is to compare different mods (check differences between vanilla, DeI, Data Venia, De AI Arbitris) and do some tests

You can tie to specific factions via script, not sure you can do it via db without building custom personalitites for everyone.
    Do you have any idea about lua? If you open the vanilla invasion pack and go to the scripting.lua you'll find an example so to link things to single factions (or library of factions). If you don't have any idea about lua... well that would be pretty hard then.

Yeah that would be pretty over my head. I ended up just sabotaging the factions through EditSF. Time consuming and relatively temporary, but it seems to be working for the most part in preventing over-expansion of certain factions.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Hello Obscure_Polygon

I think a db table you may be interested in is culture_settlement_occupation_options. It determines what options a faction will have after capturing a settlement.

On the other hand, if you want to not remove the occupation option but decrease the chance it will happen, I think ut's possible but more complicated, it involves some tables that have to do with AI priorities. If I learn more about this I will post here.