Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID-19 Ushers In American Fascism: DOJ Wants to Suspend Certain Constitutional Rights

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: COVID-19 Ushers In American Fascism: DOJ Wants to Suspend Certain Constitutional Rights

Any government that declares gun stores as essential and the right to buy a gun to defend your property is not a government that has tyrannical aspirations. It's amazing to see the fantasies that come out of the minds of leftists.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: COVID-19 Ushers In American Fascism: DOJ Wants to Suspend Certain Constitutional Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The courts wouldn't really let a law stay in effect saying when they can and should be closed. It's only ever been up to them when and they've ever closed. When was the last time they closed? In a fit of irony, given your paranoia, when the Spanish Flu ran over the world.
    Guess it's gonna be my paranoia versus your wishful thinking.

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Crossing my fingers that there is enough of a stumbling block not to turn this into reality.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 30, 2020 at 08:33 PM.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Any government that declares gun stores as essential and the right to buy a gun to defend your property is not a government that has tyrannical aspirations. It's amazing to see the fantasies that come out of the minds of leftists.
    I think Exarch is being alarmist and doesn't really understand how the U.S. government functions but at the same time that government also deemed fast food as essential, doesn't mean it actually believes that, it just means that closing down fast food would make people's lives too inconvenient

The courts didn't shut down now matter how much Bush dicked around after 9/11. The courts didn't shut down during Vietnam now matter how much rioting went on. The courts didn't shut down during Korea. The courts didn't shut down during WW2 no matter how much FDR thought he had to dick around with certain groups civil rights and how much chaos was going on. The courts didn't shut down during WW1 no matter what happened to our maritime forces.

The courts did however shut down during the Spanish Flu outbreak.

If you really think Barr is going to get away with telling the courts how to behave on this pattern of behavior, you're not acting very educated.

What you need to realize is the Executive Branch doesn't get to pass policy onto the Judicial Branch. The Judicial Branch interprets law. Not the other way around. If Barr wants this, he needs an amendment. Like I told Exarch, you'd best give me a list of 2/3 the states that will back this up.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 31, 2020 at 04:02 AM. Reason: continuity
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    [Removed irrelevant argument 'it never happened before']

What you need to realize is the Executive Branch doesn't get to pass policy onto the Judicial Branch. The Judicial Branch interprets law. Not the other way around. If Barr wants this, he needs an amendment.
    Now that was educated, thanks.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    .... is a government (better POTUS), that is only interested in getting reelected, despite the costs. Is a government (or Potus, or the GOP), that is payed by the NRA and consorts.

Indefinitely Banned

The USG is only trying to grab more power because they know that when this is all over, the american people are going to demand real change and real socio-economic change. This frightens the billionaire 1% class which is why they're going to try and declare WW3 against China and Russia.
    that's the only reason why constitutional rights are even on the table to be suspended; no population is going to put up with 200k deaths and not demand change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12