Thread: Improving Hispania - Suggestions and historical research

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Default Improving Hispania - Suggestions and historical research

Hi there,

After long term without posting, I come back to share some suggestions I've been working on for MK1212. I tried to be as mostly accurate as possible. We all know Attila TW is not 100% moddable, so there's few things you might be dissagree with.

Some historical features you must know before:

Crown of (Kingdom) = Kingdom + other domains (counties, duchies, or kingdoms too). Example: Crown of Aragón = Kingdom of Aragón + County of Barcelona. (Hispanic medieval "con-federation" system)

Hispania = all Iberian Peninsula. Aka IBERIA or SPAIN. So in a strategic game "what if" (remeber you got the power to change history), Kingdom of Spain MUST be at the end ALL Iberian Peninsula.

The historical "Iberian Union" (1580-1640) was a descentralized Crown with many "independent" Kingdoms and Counties, so it inspired me to design those mecanic for a Kingdom with vassals in MK1212.

So, what do you thing?

Regards

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Improving Hispania - Suggestions and historical research

Historical map

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Improving Hispania - Suggestions and historical research

The devs knows of this Problem for a Long time.I reported it exactly the same like 2 years ago.Leon having those 2 regions in the Northwest is fine, for the CAI for Leon to Attack Badajoz as well.For the devs Castile not having parts of the northen Coast of Iberia and only 1 region is odd. Last Time I asked them about it they said in favour renaming it to Crown of (Kingdom) for compromise.As for the Almohads gaining +1 region from Portugal ther reasoning is the current city of Évora was more inportant for Portugal historicaly than the Almohad Held one at the time. The Almohads lost 1 region in the current Build that was given to the Hafsids and the Change was good for the Hafsids CAI where the faction now helps the Almohads in Iberia instead of the hole campaign sit down inactive in Tunis and Lybia.

What I have been Thinking lately is the
    Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa.Instead of 3 Almohad Armies,Why not be 1 Almohad, 1 Marinid and 1 Hafsid Armies vs the Christian Factions.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; April 05, 2020 at 08:34 AM.