Thread: Unexplained Devsastation?

Default Unexplained Devsastation?

I have provinces where there are no enemy armies inside the province. But devastation is really high, like 4 devastation markers on settlement details. Even in neighbouring provinces, there are big rebel armies but they're inside their own settlements. Can they conduct over-the-border raids even if inside their own settlement? There might be other armies hidden, can hidden armies still cause devastation?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unexplained Devsastation?

Which faction are you playing ?
    An army can cause devastation to a neighbouring province by standing on the frontier. Also check the map and look after grey tiles, if there is woodland tile nearby, chances are that a rebel army is hiding there. And remember that devastation take several turns to fade.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps it's natural disasters?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Perhaps it's natural disasters?
    That's a weird name for Gauls, but I like it!

I found out why it was happening, it was a hidden rebel stack hiding in a forest like someone said.

Kill it!

I thought it would be one hidden in a forest.

Note the radius from Rebels sitting in place grows over time, and can spread into neighbouring provinces if left untended for long enough.