Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

As I know, Shogun 2 and ETW/NTW use the same skeleton for horses, so you can use horse model from ETW/NTW (wchich, as I remember, is smaller than Shogun 2 horse model, and even you can find this old model in files)
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

^^ That sounds like the easiest way to me

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I am not talking to change animations or the skeleton. Just take the Rome II 3d horse body model adjust its size to be similar with the ShogunII ones and replace the bodies not the skeleton neither the animations.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    As I know, Shogun 2 and ETW/NTW use the same skeleton for horses, so you can use horse model from ETW/NTW (wchich, as I remember, is smaller than Shogun 2 horse model, and even you can find this old model in files)
    Yes I can see the napoleon horse in the files, but the size is the same when I open both shogun and napoleon horses in uu3d. I mean doesn't the size of the model depend on the size of the skeleton? If shogun 2 uses a specific skeleton for a horse, all the models will be the same size, so I don't understand how changing a model will do anything. Maybe I am misunderstanding something. Also the napoleon horse only has one lod mesh. Plus, I don't know how I would apply the napoleonic horse to shogun. I can see that unit_stats_land use a specific mount_model, but I don't understand how I can create a new model, or what the keys from mounts table point to
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

I use ntw horses (from N&SII mod). They work fine. I am planning to add more horse types (and hopefully other animals).

Interesting. I would have assumed the Napoleon horses were bigger than S2, and the riders would need to be tweaked to sit properly.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    I use ntw horses (from N&SII mod). They work fine. I am planning to add more horse types (and hopefully other animals).
    Would you care to elaborate? Are they smaller in size? Is there a way to change the size at all etc?

Edit: looking at your mod, the horses are using the same skeleton, so still they are too big to me.
    Last edited by Collateral_dmg; January 03, 2021 at 02:29 PM.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

The skeleton may be at the same size in both games but what about the mesh? I mean, if the horse body in NTW is more "skinny" than in Shogun 2, that could do the trick, at least for a 1st release

True, shogun horses are super fat for some reason haha. But still my problem is that I don't know how to do that (I do sort of understand, but there are some issues still). It's not a huge priority anyway, so maybe I will find time for it later on.
    Last edited by Collateral_dmg; January 04, 2021 at 05:34 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Take the bodies of Rome II or Three Kingdoms horses. convert their meshes to milkshape or 3dxmax models.
    Do the same with shogun II horses.
    Romove the skeleton from Rome II and Three Kingdom models and save them as .obj format.
    Open a Shogun II horse model. Import the RomeII/Three Kingdoms .OBJ model. Rezize then to fit the legth and hight of Shogun II horses.
    Select the bodies of Shogun II horses bodies and delete them leaving only the skeleton.
    Assigne The new bodies vertices to Shogun II skeleton bones. I don't have 3dxmax unfortunatly to do it for my self!
    Even MARKA horses for M2TW mods look better than Shogun II ones.

Please..give it a try ! After all if you succefully replace the horses all mods will benefit from your work!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Not to be rude, but why not do it yourself then? Nobody's really complaining about horse size except here, and if izzi's already done it for fots, there's no need to redo his work. Just use his horses.

btw kiso horses could have been as large as 140cm. If its just the ugly model that's wrong, use izzi's work as a replacer. If you also think the skeleton's too big, that's probably because most of the cav in S2 are used like knights not dragoons.
    Last edited by 0riflamme; January 04, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Take the bodies of Rome II or Three Kingdoms horses. convert their meshes to milkshape or 3dxmax models.
    Do the same with shogun II horses.
    Romove the skeleton from Rome II and Three Kingdom models and save them as .obj format.
    Open a Shogun II horse model. Import the RomeII/Three Kingdoms .OBJ model. Rezize then to fit the legth and hight of Shogun II horses.
    Select the bodies of Shogun II horses bodies and delete them leaving only the skeleton.
    Assigne The new bodies vertices to Shogun II skeleton bones. I don't have 3dxmax unfortunatly to do it for my self!
    Even MARKA horses for M2TW mods look better than Shogun II ones.

Please..give it a try ! After all if you succefully replace the horses all mods will benefit from your work!
    I am familiar with the workflow, but I'm not experienced with rigging, that's the main problem. So like I said, I'll give it a try some time later when I finish other things.

Here is an example of the horses i use: totalrtsmods forum.
    They are not perfect, but they do look better than the vanilla ones at least.

^^ These horses are still too "tall" but at least, they look less "large" than these in Shogun 2 - or is it just me?

Yes the shogun horses are more 'chonky' for whatever reason. These horses are from napoleon, but fitted to the shogun skeleton, hence they are still so tall. The problem of using those skinnier horses is that the reins from shogun horses are too large as the horse is bigger, so they sort of float around the head and torso. Of course that could be solved if I knew how to rig the reins again to the fit the skinnier horse model, but alas.

There are quite some tutos on the web explaining how to rig a model under 3DS Max. Just make a search.
    I'm sorry, I can't be more helpful as I'm actually learning myself how to use that software

Edit: Like this one for instance: https://youtu.be/XVB9W6xhBcs
    Last edited by Janbāru; January 05, 2021 at 12:10 PM.

Domesticus

Congratulations Collateral_dmg!

I see that you will create a nice mod, especially historical.

Keep it up!

Very nice to see the vassal clans too!

I am very curious if you have a list of regions, castles / cities and their respective clans / vassal clans / minor clans etc ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Congratulations Collateral_dmg!

I see that you will create a nice mod, especially historical.

Keep it up!

Very nice to see the vassal clans too!

I am very curious if you have a list of regions, castles / cities and their respective clans / vassal clans / minor clans etc ...?
    Thanks

I don't know how practical it would be to write up over 200 regions here. Like I mentioned, I posted pics of the campaign map on page 3, so you can see most of the regions there. But as for the clans, here are the vassal clans which the player will be able to recruit (keep in mind it's all still subject to change once we start testing out the campaign):

Kyushu clans
    Kimotsuki
    Ito
    Sagara
    Aso
    Akizuki
    Ryuzoji

Shikoku clans
    Motoyama
    Kono
    Miyoshi

Honshu clans
    Amako
    Ouchi
    Mimura
    Akamatsu
    Yamana
    Tsutsui
    Kitabatake
    Asai
    Nagano
    Ogasawara
    Numata
    Utsunomiya
    Yuki
    Ashina
    Nanbu
    Satake
    Satomi
    Mogami
    Suwa
    Kasai

Time for a little update. I started working on uma-jirushi banners again, after finishing about half of the units.

There will be a variety of these iconic flags on the battlefields, I'll try to make as many as I can. Here's an example, with some variations:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A couple pics in game:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Collateral_dmg; January 20, 2021 at 05:58 PM.

Domesticus

Good job!

Very beautiful are the ō-uma-jirushi.