Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    Good to hear The amount of stuff you can do with M2 is just amazing. I really wanna try and make some scripts, like Nagao clan becoming Uesugi, Matsudaira becoming Tokugawa and things like that. I think it should be possible, but I really have no experience with lua so we will see.
    In M2TW you can't change the name of factions, so it would be difficult to have the Nagao clan becoming the Uesugi clan. It would also be a bit of a waste of a faction slot (remember: 31 factions is the max. number of factions, including the rebels) as the Nagao are close retainers of the Uesugi. Same with the Matsudaira/Tokugawa. You can only name the faction one of the two. You can pull of a trick where the surname of family members change from Matsudaira to Tokugawa though.

Yea if I wanted to add Korea I would wanna do it justice, and then the game simply wouldn't be Shogun 2 anymore (and lets be honest, I really have no experience in that type of overhauling ).

The sashimonos are indeed annoying, but the problem is that the texture is simply wrong. As you can see on the pole there are 7 lines, while the sashimono has 10. So no matter how I adjust the mesh it will never align. I can try fixing the texture but I'm not too experienced in photoshop. I'll see what I can do though. People would be surprised how many textures are actually not finished or a bit misaligned etc.

Ok I managed to fix the sashimono. I'm starting to get the hang of UV mapping and texturing, it's not that hard really

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nice. Yes, it's not that hard. I just started to doubt whether it was even possible at all or not as I haven't seen the sashimonos fixed in any Shogun 2 mod ever. Good to see that's fixed. Now I can lay down my OCD to rest.
    Last edited by Razor; April 15, 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Samurai have always been very colourful to me. I hope to see that captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    In M2TW you can't change the name of factions, so it would be difficult to have the Nagao clan becoming the Uesugi clan. It would also be a bit of a waste of a faction slot (remember: 31 factions is the max. number of factions, including the rebels) as the Nagao are close retainers of the Uesugi. Same with the Matsudaira/Tokugawa. You can only name the faction one of the two. You can pull of a trick where the surname of family members change from Matsudaira to Tokugawa though.

Nice. Yes, it's not that hard. I just started to doubt whether it was even possible at all or not as I haven't seen the sashimonos fixed in any Shogun 2 mod ever. Good to see that's fixed. Now I can lay down my OCD to rest.
    Ah, I remember there's like a Kalmar union script in kingdoms expansion but I forgot it can't change your name. It's not really important, but if I can figure it out for S2 I think it would add a cool dimension to the gameplay.

And I totally feel you about OCD haha, I'm exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    Samurai have always been very colourful to me. I hope to see that captured.
    Most samurai won't look like the one on your picture. More colorful armour means you're more powerful and rich, so that type of armour is reserved for Daimyos and generals. And of course there will be plenty if those

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Well done. I'll be following this.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

I forgot to ask... Will you add sayas to the armies?

PD: For the images I can't see, don't know why... Could you share a link to take a look at them?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    I forgot to ask... Will you add sayas to the armies?

PD: For the images I can't see, don't know why... Could you share a link to take a look at them?

Thanks!
    Yes I do want to add the saya, but it's a bit problematic for missile units. I'll try to figure it out.

Hope this link will work for you https://imgur.com/a/Tz9LVrJ
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Wow, talk about applying realistic sashimonos! Really beautiful indeed!

That's a huge amount if you do it in MOSS though, as MOSS is really, really big, even though it has lesser provinces than Expanded Japan map. Just curious, are you doing your own custom map, or using MoSS as basis?

Quote Originally Posted by arsl31 View Post
    Wow, talk about applying realistic sashimonos! Really beautiful indeed!

That's a huge amount if you do it in MOSS though, as MOSS is really, really big, even though it has lesser provinces than Expanded Japan map. Just curious, are you doing your own custom map, or using MoSS as basis?
    Yea it is a lot, 71 at the moment to be precise. I plan on adding more for other smaller clans that won't be represented on the campaign but you will still be able to have them as 'vassals'. Like I said in the OP, I would rather not take on the huge task of making my own map as there a plenty of great ones out there. MoSS would be pretty good, but I don't know yet how exactly to implement just the map and the clans without everything else. I will get to it eventually though.

Yea it is a lot, 71 at the moment to be precise. I plan on adding more for other smaller clans that won't be represented on the campaign but you will still be able to have them as 'vassals'. Like I said in the OP, I would rather not take on the huge task of making my own map as there a plenty of great ones out there. MoSS would be pretty good, but I don't know yet how exactly to implement just the map and the clans without everything else. I will get to it eventually though.
    You should take to your mod pack, folder campaign_maps from MoSS files and next recreate database for provinces and factions in you DAVE. Export in BOB, add to mod pack and add provinces and factions to startpos.

BTW. Nice work, I'm waiting on release ^^
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    You should take to your mod pack, folder campaign_maps from MoSS files and next recreate database for provinces and factions in you DAVE. Export in BOB, add to mod pack and add provinces and factions to startpos.

BTW. Nice work, I'm waiting on release ^^
    Thank you

I'm not sure what you mean by exporting provinces and clans and adding them to startpos in the pack file. So I can't just take campaign_maps and the needed tables from the pack and add it to my mod?

Thank you

I'm not sure what you mean by exporting provinces and clans and adding them to startpos in the pack file. So I can't just take campaign_maps and the needed tables from the pack and add it to my mod?
    Huh, probably you can but then will be not possible to edit startpos in assembly kit (it much easier way than manually edit .esf file)
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Hey this looks amazing!

I think I have some custom-made models for Ii Naomasa's helmet crest and Tachibana Muneshige's as well. They weren't perfect, but I could send them to you if you want to use them.

Oh, and I think I have some textures to give Honda Tadakatsu his giant beads across his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    Hey this looks amazing!

I think I have some custom-made models for Ii Naomasa's helmet crest and Tachibana Muneshige's as well. They weren't perfect, but I could send them to you if you want to use them.

Oh, and I think I have some textures to give Honda Tadakatsu his giant beads across his armor.
    Thanks

Sure you can send them, but I'm not sure yet what period I'll use.

In other news, I was contacted by sorinel1991 (who made the amazing Strongholds of the samurai maps), he's working on something very similar to what I had in mind, and he made some amazing progress. There are multiple start dates and various clans to play, new buildings and historical units pretty much like mine, and of course the amazing unique maps. I would gladly start working with him, and make something never before seen in Shogun 2

As far as my progress goes, it's been a bit slow lately as I had stuff to do for college (actually had exams). But I finished all the vanilla clans sashimonos and optimized their UV maps, you'll see them in the future (stuff like the famous Hojo coloured regiments for example). And I made many new textures and fixed some low quality ones. Shogun 2 is getting a facelift it really deserves with these textures. Many more things left to do.

And finally, I'll leave you with some more eye-candy as usual, but this time with vastly better graphics. Shogun 2 is absolutely the best looking TW ever

Introducing the Chosokabe clan! Don't mind the distorted weapons, it's heat-haze haha (I'll probably turn it off in the future)

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

In other news, I was contacted by sorinel1991 (who made the amazing Strongholds of the samurai maps), he's working on something very similar to what I had in mind, and he made some amazing progress. There are multiple start dates and various clans to play, new buildings and historical units pretty much like mine, and of course the amazing unique maps. I would gladly start working with him, and make something never before seen in Shogun 2
    That would be amazing.

And fantastic work with the Chosokabe.

Yo, this is incredible. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by sillygoy View Post
    Yo, this is incredible. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    That would be amazing.

And fantastic work with the Chosokabe.
    Well, it's official. I'll update the OP one day to include all the info about the stuff we're working on, and what you can expect from the mod.

What the game's been missing

Wolves are the souls of fallen metalheads.

Are you doing anything with the faction unit colors? As in, make them more muted and less cartoony like in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatametalera View Post

Yes I'm using E. Valerios paintings as references, as you can see in the pics I posted. But unfortunately he didn't make a lot of the minor clans in vanilla game, so I'm just using the original flags or searching for actual mons the clans had and making something realistic. Many sashimonos and flags were actually black and white, but that would be kinda boring so I'll try to add more variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Are you doing anything with the faction unit colors? As in, make them more muted and less cartoony like in vanilla?
    Maybe you haven't noticed, but there are no uniform colors

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast