Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Please, when will we have a departure date ?!
    Wolves are the souls of fallen metalheads.

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatametalera View Post
    Please, when will we have a departure date ?!
    I might have made some promises before, but I don't really want to do it again. I just don't know how long it will take. We are working on a lot of stuff like I already said. But things are moving along, and when it's ready it will come.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Hi, it absolutely amazing that pp still modding SW2,so far this is my favorite TW series,and, this mod looks amazing, can't wait until it released,hype!!!

I was having some fun in photoshop, and made a roadmap so we can visualize the project better and keep things somewhat in order. It's nothing complex, but if anyone was wondering what some of our ideas are for the mod, take a look! I hope this answers some questions as well.

The longest part is the first one, making all the units and adding them to regions. We are still in that process. The new 'population happiness' mechanic is not very complex. If you played MoSS, you are familiar with the unrest mechanic. These are basically just new religion types masked as something else, which can cause problems if left unchecked (like Jodo Shinshu religion from Ikko Ikki). It's also possible to spawn different armies depending on the type of population that rebelled, but I think that requires new factions. Other religions will simply be renamed into some kind of a loyalty system, so it makes more sense. We don't have specific plans for the building, tax and other effects on these 'populations' yet, but the general idea is that the player would have to keep balancing his taxes, construction and technology in order to keep their regions 'loyal', both peasants and samurai. Why do all this? Well, religion in Japan at the time was pretty much uniform. Of course there were many different sects, but I don't think people had issues with it. So it's kind of a waste of the mechanic. Also, I think that religion as a mechanic in Shogun never really plays a very major part in the campaign, unless you are Ikko Ikki or fight against them I guess (which will still cause you problems in this system as well). So the only thing affecting your populations happiness is taxes, which you can just cheese by increasing them one turn and lowering on the other (there are some other effects but nothing very serious). With a system of unrest, you can't just keep rising and lowering taxes like there's no tomorrow, because you will have peasants and samurai knocking on your door.

MoSS is a pretty big mod, with a lot of nice ideas for buildings and technology, so I'm not ashamed to take inspiration from it, and maybe expand on it a bit. Plus a ton of people play it so they are familiar with it. Why try reinventing the wheel for 100th time? It just adds unnecessary work imo. As for the upkeep effect, it's basically an effect added to castles which will reduce the upkeep in the region. And then if the army marches to enemy territory, the upkeep will increase a lot, to simulate costs of war, logistics etc. It was not a cheap affair by any means (but it won't be anything drastic).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little presentation

Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

That sounds good. Look forward to it

Is there any chance we'll see a standalone tatami mod for ashigaru?

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowmir View Post
    Is there any chance we'll see a standalone tatami mod for ashigaru?
    Well, those assets are actually not mine. They were made by Maloskero, who was working on a project of his own. He asked me if I wanted to use some of his stuff, and I liked them a lot. I haven't heard from him in a while now, so I don't know if he's still working on his mod. But when this mod is released, I can't stop people from using assets (and I wouldn't), so anyone can make what they want, but credit should be given where credit is due.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789