Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

hows it going?

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

I just want to say this is amazing.

Hey all, thank you for all the nice comments!

Sorry for not answering for such a long time, this year has been interesting to say the least. I hope everyone is doing ok

As for the mod, it's certainly not dead, but I just either couldn't find time, or simply didn't find the motivation. That's how it goes sometimes. I still have all my assets, and they are pretty much complete. The big part now is to start creating the mod, mainly the units, which there are a ton.

So there's not much else to say really. I was thinking about releasing the mod on the 10th anniversary of shogun 2, which is next year. That's a long time from now for sure haha, but it's a release window for anyone who's wondering. It could very well happen before that.

Cheers
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Icon1 Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    (...) or simply didn't find the motivation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G76Epzyw53g

On the rest, I'd say please, take your time.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; December 08, 2020 at 02:48 PM.

Ok time for an update, this time a real one

I'm slowly working on units, and the main clans are almost done. I have some pics of Oda and Takeda for you

Also you can see some new unit icon designs, I didn't make anything fancy, most are vanilla icons just painted differently. It's just to bring some fresh air to the mod.

Hope you like it

Oda
    [IMG]

Takeda
    Last edited by Collateral_dmg; December 12, 2020 at 11:41 AM.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Looks great!

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Great stuff, a real improvement over Vastator. I look forward to it OP.

If you do rearrange the map, please consider not going crazy like the Japan Extended mod. The vanilla regions and castle placement are spot-on for the scale of the map, adding more castles just makes a cluster f* of non-stop sieges and movement penalties don't even matter. I don't remember if you said this will be a Sengoku campaign replacer, have you considered overhauling the Genpei or Boshin maps to take advantage of their politics or influence mechanics?

Is it possible that you make this as a separate Unit reskin mod as well? I'm playing with couple of mods that i already really love and it would make me super super mega happy if i could keep playing those mods and have the same amount of unit and weapon verity that you have. that stuff looks insane!

Quote Originally Posted by 0riflamme View Post
    If you do rearrange the map, please consider not going crazy like the Japan Extended mod. The vanilla regions and castle placement are spot-on for the scale of the map, adding more castles just makes a cluster f* of non-stop sieges and movement penalties don't even matter. I don't remember if you said this will be a Sengoku campaign replacer, have you considered overhauling the Genpei or Boshin maps to take advantage of their politics or influence mechanics?

I have posted pictures of the campaign map on page 3. There are many more regions than in the vanilla game. Vanilla really has a small number of regions, too small for my taste. I am working with Sorinel who made Strongholds of the Samurai mods, so at least sieges won't be as boring as in vanilla. Some parts of the map will be a bit more crowded than others, but a big part of the Sengoku period was siege battles as daimyo fought for control. The campaign is a sengoku campaign, we don't plan on doing special mechanics from gempei or boshin campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Orendiz View Post
    Is it possible that you make this as a separate Unit reskin mod as well? I'm playing with couple of mods that i already really love and it would make me super super mega happy if i could keep playing those mods and have the same amount of unit and weapon verity that you have. that stuff looks insane!
    I'm afraid that's not really possible, because units have to be designed specifically for each clan if you want this amount of diversity. This would collide with other unit mods. And other reskin mods focus on the vanilla units, which means you can't do much when it comes to variety. But of course, everything I make will be available for others to use, so maybe someone incorporates parts of this mod into theirs.

I see. what about a reskin that just adds your tatami-do armor on vanilla ashigaru? or is that the same problem?

Well, I can't agree on region count, but least sieges won't be repetitive. He's a really good map maker.

Out of curiosity, I know you're busy, but have you played any of Fourstrider's campaign? I tested a slightly tweaked campaign with Shimazu, and its really good. He made a neatly polished, lightweight overhaul. You might like to use his scripts. He gave full permission for anybody to use his stuff.

*scripts include a traits overhaul for generals.
    Last edited by 0riflamme; January 01, 2021 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orendiz View Post
    I see. what about a reskin that just adds your tatami-do armor on vanilla ashigaru? or is that the same problem?
    It's the same problem. If I make a custom unit, it won't work with units from other mods. Again, the models will be available to everyone, so people can use them in their own mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 0riflamme View Post
    Well, I can't agree on region count, but least sieges won't be repetitive. He's a really good map maker.

Out of curiosity, I know you're busy, but have you played any of Fourstrider's campaign? I tested a slightly tweaked campaign with Shimazu, and its really good. He made a neatly polished, lightweight overhaul. You might like to use his scripts. He gave full permission for anybody to use his stuff.

*scripts include a traits overhaul for generals.
    I didn't see his mods, might check them out. But in general, we are also aiming for a slightly different campaign. So it won't be as complex as MoSS, that's a bit much imo. But changes to morale, buildings, politics and maybe tech trees will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    I didn't see his mods, might check them out. But in general, we are also aiming for a slightly different campaign. So it won't be as complex as MoSS, that's a bit much imo. But changes to morale, buildings, politics and maybe tech trees will be there.
    Yeah, MoSS is a huge mess, I don't know how people play it. Anyway, Fourstrider's scripts are pretty cool, such as a general becomes governor of a province if he's left in the town for a couple turns, he earns bonus experience while campaigning in enemy territory, events can trigger in different ways, etc. This is all in one download.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Nice work. Can you replace the horses with the ones frm Rome II or even Three Kingdoms merging with the original sudles. Shogun II has some of the best made human models and textures and the worst hose models since Medieval 2!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Nice work. Can you replace the horses with the ones frm Rome II or even Three Kingdoms merging with the original sudles. Shogun II has some of the best made human models and textures and the worst hose models since Medieval 2!
    Thanks

That's a lot of work and I'm not that experienced with 3d modeling. So in short no, the horses will remain the same, but I will use Bullgods retextures as they are quite nice. The problem with horses in shogun 2 is that they are too big, so if anything I would love to change the size of the skeleton, but I don't know if that's possible at all, as you would need to change all the animations as well.

That would be an awful lot of work to ask one person.

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

I'm not sure how the bones' assignement works in Shogun 2 but resizing the skeleton shouldn't affect them
    To be short, animations shouldn't be the biggest part of the job nor a problem but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Janbāru View Post
    I'm not sure how the bones' assignement works in Shogun 2 but resizing the skeleton shouldn't affect them
    To be short, animations shouldn't be the biggest part of the job nor a problem but I might be wrong.
    Well animations would have to be affected if you reduce the size of the horse as far as I know. All the motions of combat against infantry would be off mark I would think.

In any case, I have no idea how to do any of that, so if someone else does I would be very happy if they can help.