Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Domesticus

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    Thanks

I don't know how practical it would be to write up over 200 regions here. Like I mentioned, I posted pics of the campaign map on page 3, so you can see most of the regions there. But as for the clans, here are the vassal clans which the player will be able to recruit (keep in mind it's all still subject to change once we start testing out the campaign):

Kyushu clans
    Kimotsuki
    Ito
    Sagara
    Aso
    Akizuki
    Ryuzoji

Shikoku clans
    Motoyama
    Kono
    Miyoshi

Honshu clans
    Amako
    Ouchi
    Mimura
    Akamatsu
    Yamana
    Tsutsui
    Kitabatake
    Asai
    Nagano
    Ogasawara
    Numata
    Utsunomiya
    Yuki
    Ashina
    Nanbu
    Satake
    Satomi
    Mogami
    Suwa
    Kasai

How many clans (including vassals) and regions (210?) Are there in the mod?

Do you use other mods?

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    How many clans (including vassals) and regions (210?) Are there in the mod?

Do you use other mods?
    There's 91 clans and 201 regions. What do you mean other mods?
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Domesticus

There's 91 clans and 201 regions. What do you mean other mods?
    If you used other mods inside your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    If you used other mods inside your mod.
    Not really entire mods, but some mods will definitely be an inspiration.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

There have been some changes in the development (thanks to Sara Temer again ), so I have to rework a lot of things. Such is the nature of modding I guess.

Anyway, it turns out that equipment can have multiple variant models (for those that know what that means). Basically there's a lot more work to be done, creating new textures and meshes, then putting it all into db tables and then assigning it to all specific units. It will be worth it in the end though. Bellow are some sashimono texture files (keep in mind there's about 40 minor clans left to do). Most of these clans you will able to recruit as vassals (if you recognize the major clans, you won't be able to recruit those as vassals as it wouldn't make much sense). It's sort of like going back to the drawing board, but what can you do.

I'll let you imagine what the battlefields will look like

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Collateral_dmg; February 11, 2021 at 12:00 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Do, undo and re-do : that's called modding
    Keep it up
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

There have been some changes in the development (thanks to Sara Temer again ), so I have to rework a lot of things. Such is the nature of modding I guess.

Anyway, it turns out that equipment can have multiple variant models (for those that know what that means). Basically there's a lot more work to be done, creating new textures and meshes, then putting it all into db tables and then assigning it to all specific units. It will be worth it in the end though. Bellow are some sashimono texture files (keep in mind there's about 40 minor clans left to do). Most of these clans you will able to recruit as vassals (if you recognize the major clans, you won't be able to recruit those as vassals as it wouldn't make much sense). It's sort of like going back to the drawing board, but what can you do.

Oh man, I feel yah. I like them, but I sense that you might want to revisit some of the colors (red, yellow and blue). Some of them may look a bit too vivid in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Do, undo and re-do : that's called modding
    Keep it up
    Indeed it is

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Oh man, I feel yah. I like them, but I sense that you might want to revisit some of the colors (red, yellow and blue). Some of them may look a bit too vivid in the game.
    You are probably right. I didn't want to paint all the colours exactly the same, but when you think about it the same pigments were used for colouring. I'll try to find more natural colours, yellow in particular.

Domesticus

Very beautiful!

Good job! It continues like this!

Bravo!

Laetus

The banners are looking great so far, amazing job guys. How are things going on Sorinel’s front? I’d love to see some progress on his historical castles. The ones he built for his Strongholds of The Samurai mod are gorgeous. I always took time before I started a siege battle just to admire his beautiful work.

Awesome job Colletral! Make Shogun 2 great again ! No poo poo 3K or Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsath View Post
    The banners are looking great so far, amazing job guys. How are things going on Sorinel’s front? I’d love to see some progress on his historical castles. The ones he built for his Strongholds of The Samurai mod are gorgeous. I always took time before I started a siege battle just to admire his beautiful work.
    Thank you

We didn't discuss anything about the castles, I think they are awesome and work very well. There's maybe a few things to fix here and there but that's not a priority. Although I have some plans to add new battle assets, namely the huge flags that were flown around the castles during sieges. You can see them on paintings very often, making castles seem very formidable. That's if I can figure out how to add new buildings (because those flags would be buildings in games terms, as silly as that sounds). Again not a priority right now.

We are slowly starting to implement units into the campaign so we can start some actual play testing. As I design the units, Sorinel is copying them and assigning them to specific provinces. We decided to use a system where each province will have a certain type and amount of units you can recruit, based on the size of the castle. So the unit cap is not really global, but regional. Essentially it means that if you conquer a province in the far north, you won't be able to magically recruit those units in the far south, or anywhere else for that matter, only in that province alone. It's really trying to simulate population cap basically. I really really wish we had a good scripter, but alas that's the best we can do with table editing.

Moving on from there, many things are still left to do. Making some new bulidings, reworking tech trees a bit, adding historical banners and icons for the campaign etc.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Awesome job Colletral! Make Shogun 2 great again ! No poo poo 3K or Troy!
    Thanks, doing my best

And in my usual fashion, some screenshots. As they say, a picture is worth more than a 1000 words (and I guess 8 is worth 8000 then )

Laetus

We didn't discuss anything about the castles, I think they are awesome and work very well. There's maybe a few things to fix here and there but that's not a priority. Although I have some plans to add new battle assets, namely the huge flags that were flown around the castles during sieges. You can see them on paintings very often, making castles seem very formidable. That's if I can figure out how to add new buildings (because those flags would be buildings in games terms, as silly as that sounds). Again not a priority right now.
    Wow, this sounds awesome. I haven’t seen these giant flags before so I’ll do some research so I can get a picture of what you are trying to implement. A shame about scripters though, I’ve done a fair bit of modding for Shogun 2 but have never touched the scripts so I can’t be of much use. Hopefully someone out there with the knowledge has the free time to help you guys out some time. It’s still good to hear you are managing to make do with what you know. Amazing screenshots BTW, my favourite ones you have posted so far. I love the double sashimono.

good luck guys 👍

so many delicious banners

Now that I'm at it, here's some Chosokabe in action against their neighbours. We are making units island by island. The two smaller ones are finished, so 'just' Honshu is left, with only about 70 clans to do

This is amazing! Definitely going to reinstall Shogun II for this!

This looks soo good. I have to test it real soon.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks guys!

I'll just say the good old sentence we all love: "It's coming when it's ready" We should start some internal testing soon, have some things to figure out still. I'll keep you updated!

Is the mod going to require any DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Is the mod going to require any DLC?
    It will require RotS for campaign map textures (and possibly FotS but I'm not 100% sure as I didn't design the campaign map), and if you want 12 playable clans you will need the clan DLCs of course.

EDIT: Correction, I checked with Sorinel and he says NO DLC required.
    Last edited by Collateral_dmg; March 07, 2021 at 05:01 AM.