Thread: Someone to add more "emerging" clans for OWO Yari and Shot mod by Sara?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Someone to add more "emerging" clans for OWO Yari and Shot mod by Sara?

Ladies and gentlemen, this awesome mod here adds a ton of land and has 255 settlements, divided in several large and powerful clans. So far, so good. BUT 255 settlements and 30 clans means there's little chance to liberate and establish vassals to trade with and to help you with stuff.

Could someone please, pretty please, add some more "emerging" clans there from the various mods that add clans? I am not asking for "playable" clans nor clans that are there from the beginning. I am asking for clans that are not on the map but after you conquer region_X you may spawn them like you can with conquered clans.
    It is 255 settlements in that mod (twice what ETW had!). Even if you stop at 50 or so settlements (as you would have more or less won as there's no realm divide), vassals would help with management or as buffers.

Another change, if possible, would be to randomly give 2 or 3 non-player clans big bonuses both in diplomacy (to make allies) and in power so that they would become powerful and challenging for middle-game. "Power" is not only money, BTW. Unlocking a bunch of techs by script and levelling up some of their agents and generals would also help.
    Making those 2-3 clans random would ensure different gameplay where the player won't initially know who would be the real movers and shakers.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 30, 2023 at 11:13 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Someone to add more "emerging" clans for OWO Yari and Shot mod by Sara?

You need the resource files first. Otherwise as good as impossible. I think Sara was going to release the resource files for the Assembly kit. Than you can easily add new factions + emergent ones.

Default Re: Someone to add more "emerging" clans for OWO Yari and Shot mod by Sara?

Like izzi says: without raw files of the mod startpos editing is horrible work, even to do little changes (and your proposal isn't "little change"). When main part of work on OWO will be done I want to release raw files of the mod and then will be simple to do it.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon