Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Stay Safe Everyone

  1. #1
    Civis
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    130

    Default Stay Safe Everyone


  2. #2
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,072

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    I think it's safe to say a lot of us will be playing a lot more Europa Barbarorum II than usual, and I was already playing it too often to begin with! Thanks for offering us this wonderful mod to keep us all busy while the world shuts down and goes to hell for half a year or so (hopefully not longer than that). Everyone stay indoors and stay safe!

  3. #3
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,733

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    If you are playing more, please remember to feed back your experiences and impressions. We can always make use of those as we gear up to playtesting the patch.

    I'd like to get that out to people as soon as possible, given everyone is going to be spending more time indoors.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    On it.

  5. #5
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,072

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    If you are playing more, please remember to feed back your experiences and impressions. We can always make use of those as we gear up to playtesting the patch.

    I'd like to get that out to people as soon as possible, given everyone is going to be spending more time indoors.
    I'm playing a Makedonia campaign on H/H mode right now, past the 430 turn mark and have secured territories from southern Gaul to Crimea, from the Pillars of Hercules of Iberia and the Maghreb to Egypt and Judea. While it is very challenging, it's obviously not my first rodeo or the first Hellenistic Greek empire I've built, and the building tree plus the government reforms are very easy to manage compared to Koinon Hellenon, which I also played recently. I'll play as Carthage next since I've already finished a 1000-turn campaign as the Roman Republic. The Romans were a bit harder in the beginning than average Hellenistic factions due to the strictures of sending men back to Rome for elections, but once those Marian reforms kicked in past turn 650 my faction became an unstoppable steamroller. It was glorious.

    I've only done a small 80-turn play-through for Carthage, merely just to test them out, but I'll commit to a seriously long campaign after my Makedonia one is finished. Should be fun! I'm glad to announce that I've only experienced two crashes during the entire time I've played Makedonia, so you guys have definitely worked out any perceivable bugs. My only continuing complaint is that certain western and eastern Greek city models have a few wall sections that cannot be breached by artillery, or rather they crumble but it's impossible to walk the men through them. Aside from that the game plays smoothly without issue, but with the annoying fact that you cannot manage your royal family beyond hoping the heir ancillary works. Sometimes it doesn't and the game is really committed in trying to make your core family go extinct after four or five generations.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    You're finally going to play with a proper faction, eh plebe?

    I'll start a new Carthage campaign in the next patch - with all those lovely remade Iberian troops!

  7. #7
    Civis
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    i've just gotten back into total war again after a two year break - i've started two campaigns to tide me over quarantine

  8. #8

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Same. I haven't played my Pontus campaign in months. Was planning on waiting for the next update with the new units to start a new game, but who knows. Maybe I'll play some more Metro until then Plenty of time now with my job's work from home.

  9. #9
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,072

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    You're finally going to play with a proper faction, eh plebe?

    I'll start a new Carthage campaign in the next patch - with all those lovely remade Iberian troops!
    Don't you dare speak ill of my beloved Koinon Hellenon.

    I barely remember my mini play-through as Carthage, but how does their later recruitment system look like, especially in the Iberian peninsula? The Greeks have a pretty awesome recruitment system spanning the entire Mediterranean even in the early period before the Thureos and Thorakitai Reform, whereas with the Romans you have to wait eons of time to recruit core factional troops outside of Italy, i.e. the Marian Reform that kick in after turn 600. I remember the Carthaginians having a pretty decent recruitment system in their native Maghreb regions plus Sardinia, Corsica, western Sicily, and the Balearic Islands, but I didn't play long enough to reach the late period Barca reforms with javelin-chucking late Libyan swordsmen and spearmen. Those units are pretty awesome but as Greek and Roman factions they can only be recruited in like three or four provinces of North Africa. How broadly geographically speaking does the Carthaginian colonial system work exactly? Can you eventually recruit native Carthaginian units on a limited basis even as far away as northern Gaul, like the Romans and Greeks with their own native units?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyathon View Post
    this is hilarious! i posted it on my facebook and tweeter, hope you dont mind.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Don't you dare speak ill of my beloved Koinon Hellenon.

    I barely remember my mini play-through as Carthage, but how does their later recruitment system look like, especially in the Iberian peninsula? The Greeks have a pretty awesome recruitment system spanning the entire Mediterranean even in the early period before the Thureos and Thorakitai Reform, whereas with the Romans you have to wait eons of time to recruit core factional troops outside of Italy, i.e. the Marian Reform that kick in after turn 600. I remember the Carthaginians having a pretty decent recruitment system in their native Maghreb regions plus Sardinia, Corsica, western Sicily, and the Balearic Islands, but I didn't play long enough to reach the late period Barca reforms with javelin-chucking late Libyan swordsmen and spearmen. Those units are pretty awesome but as Greek and Roman factions they can only be recruited in like three or four provinces of North Africa. How broadly geographically speaking does the Carthaginian colonial system work exactly? Can you eventually recruit native Carthaginian units on a limited basis even as far away as northern Gaul, like the Romans and Greeks with their own native units?
    They are able to recruit a silly number of troops almost everywhere they go, especially after the reforms. Their 4-5 core regions can muster 2-3 full stacks without breaking a sweat. I haven't gone to central Gaul and beyond, but Iberia, Italy and southern Gaul are heaven for regionals. With colonies and reformed governments, you will also be able to get a good number of core African units there as well. The Barcid capital government in New Carthage is your friend. I am happy with how things function in regards to recruitment and I feel that it accurately represents Carthage's ability to assemble vast armies from allies, subject peoples and mercenaries.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Though not vast enough, obviously.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Stay Safe Everyone

    Yup. However, I think that the lack of support to Hannibal and Carthage's unwillingness to pursue the war when the chips were down were more important factors.
    Last edited by Rad; March 26, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •