Thread: Single Player Campaign Early and Late War Units

Default Single Player Campaign Early and Late War Units

Hey, just want to say, awesome mod.

I have noticed from other comments and threads, and I am included in this, that a lot of us who use the mod to play the single player campaign would really like to be able to have the option to convert or transition from the early style of units to those of the late war - i.e. most importantly, a change in the style of uniform from early to late, and a change in unit stats if possible. This would represent the historical transition in the style of the military from pre/early-Napoleonic to Napoleonic.

The mod already has both early and late styled units for multiplayer. Would it work if we first installed an 'early' single player campaign file, which would dress units in their early war uniforms, and then later in the campaign (let's say after we have played up until 1808), we replace the 'early' single player campaign file with a 'late' single player campaign file? Then, after reloading our save games with the new 'late' campaign file, when we would enter a battle, our units would show up with their late style uniforms.

Would there then perhaps be a problem with reloading the save game if we have modified the data folder?

If not, would you consider working on a possibility like this for the next update of the mod?

Thanks

edit - I don't know if I explained myself well enough, so to clarify: take the folder which holds the uniforms for the units in the single player campaign, and rename that as the 'late game unit folder' (as the uniforms currently represented in single player campaign are mostly late Napoleonic wars). Then, create a copy of that folder, but change the uniforms to their early war version (you should already have the skins for early style uniforms from the multiplayer part of the mod), and rename this as 'early game unit folder'. When we install the mod, we would install the 'early game unit folder', and so our units in a single player campaign battle would show up with their early style of uniform. Then, after we have played for a few years in the campaign, we edit the data folder, and replace the 'early game unit folder' with the 'late game unit folder'. Once we reload our save game and continue from where we left off, when we would start a battle, instead of the game loading the now deleted 'early game unit folder', it would load the 'late game unit folder', and so our units would now show up with their late style of uniform. I wouldn't expect there to be any issue, as the 'early/late game unit folder' would only be loaded by the game once a battle is begun, and so shouldn't influence the actual campaign - just the battles.

*I also have no idea what any of the folders are actually called, and I am also mostly inferring, so I might be totally wrong about how the game works - I just hope to give you the idea if it is possible.
    Last edited by Prussian Patrician; March 25, 2020 at 05:13 AM.