View Poll Results: Shall Alexander78 become a citizen?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

13 86.67%
  • No.

2 13.33%
  • Abstain.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Civitate] Alexander78 (Patron: Van Zandt)

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default [Civitate] Alexander78 (Patron: Van Zandt)

Support: Turkafinwe, Akar, Jadli, Leonardo, MIKE GOLF, La De Da Brigidier Graham, z3n

Citizens of the Curia,

I would like to present to you the Civitate application for Alexander78. I noticed many months ago that he had become a regular in the Screenshots and Graphics competition threads. He is a talented artist who regularly contributes to the POTW, UESW and GPOTW. He is graphically talented, as shown in his screenshots thread (My-humble-screens). As a regular contributor he is an active part of a small group that has kept the "Screenshot Galleries, Picture of the Week and Video Competitions" forum alive and vibrant in these dark, end-of-days times.

He has achieved the enviable goal of the POTW Gold medal, and we will obviously have to obtain higher levels for him to achieve in the near future.

Here are just a few of this screenshots that convey some sense of his skill in these competitions. He has winning entries for both the POTW and GPOTW, which of course contributed to his Gold Medal achievement.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

His statement:

To the Curia, my name is Alexander, I came to TWC in 2017. Like most of the members of this society, I came here in search of mods for my favorite game. But the atmosphere of the site so captured me that I am still here and take an active part (as I believe) in the life of this wonderful resource. At the very beginning of my stay here, I was attracted to the POTW and GPOTW screen contests, I started to publish my screens in contests and people started to like them. This inspired me to publish more. Over time, I made friends and my activities here took on a new meaning. I would also like to note that my stay here is due to the work administration and staff, who create an great atmosphere that I do not want to leave. As you can see, I also became a part of this great team and even managed to get humble award. I would not like to talk about my merits, although it may be necessary to do so now, but I believe that the merits of a person can be spoken about by their deeds and the people who surround them.

With respect to all
    Alexander.

Recently Alexander78 has taken another step forward and has joined Content Staff as Manager of the Graphic Competitions. This is no small task, and now for the better part of three months he has performed brilliantly, which is just more evidence for his positive contribution to the community.

Overall, Alexander78 is an important contributor and a solid candidate for Civitate. I ask you to confirm his application and welcome him into our ranks.

And, of course, the traditional cute puppy picture.....

Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 24, 2020 at 11:24 AM. Reason: add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Civitate] Alexander78 (Patron: Van Zandt)

I'm not sure I can support this application without the required animal pictures. Can the sponsor meet the requirement and pay the puppy tribute?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I'm not sure I can support this application without the required animal pictures. Can the sponsor meet the requirement and pay the puppy tribute?

Of course ....

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Strong support for Alex!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Of course ....
    The tribute has been paid and Alexander has my full support.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I was going to do this in a couple of months when he's had more staff experience, but Van Zandt beat me to it
    Leaning towards support
    Last edited by King Athelstan; March 22, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Definitely a fine guy, Alexander. I noticed his contributions to the POTW when I still participated there and they are usually of great quality indeed.

A few remarks come to mind though:

As it is now, this application depends heavily on taking part in the screenshot competition. Certainly something that can be counted as a worthy contribution to this site, but in my view still a bit thin to base a Citizen application on. Of course there is the fact that Alexander now also manages the competition since early this year IIRC and that would have clinched it for me, were it not that this is a rather short period. As Treebeard would have said, perhaps this application is a bit hasty.

I will have to think a bit about this application and generally about what contributions I personally think warrant Citizenship currently. While it is good to keep rewarding members who make a contribution to this site, there is always the danger of diminishing the value of said award. Especially when it seems that it takes less and less to actually be given that award.
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 22, 2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Got my Tolkien references mixed up

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Seems like its gonna be support

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I have also notice Alexander, but I wonder why Civitate when it's obvious to me that he should be patronaged as Citizen.

So, I tend to agree with Jadli here. Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I have also notice Alexander, but I wonder why Civitate when it's obvious to me that he should be patronaged as Citizen.
    I thought so too and almost had written the same remark. But then I noticed that the Civitate description was not how I remembered it. Not sure if it has indeed been changed at some point, or that I simply am mistaken. For instance, I always thought that Civitate was primarily intended for those that are mainly active on the discussion forums.

Current descriptions as present in the Wiki:

Citizen Badge

If a member of the forum does not wish to choose between being recognized as having strongest ties to either the Common Community or Total War parts of the forum, they may choose to simply wear the neutral "Citizen" badge as shown below:

Civitate Badge

Members who choose to be recognized as having strongest ties to the Common Community can select the Civitate badge shown below:

Originally the rank of Civitate was the honour bestowed on forum members for both excellent Common Community and Total War contributions to the forums, with the distinction between Civitate and Artifex arriving some time in 2006. The rank of Civitate was instituted within the first version of the Syntagma.
    Artifex Badge

Members who choose to be recognized as having strongest ties to the Total War community can select the Artifex badge shown below:

The rank of Artifex was developed mid 2006 primarily as an attempt to further recognise the work of those members of the forum who contribute primarily to the Total War side of the forums - for example those who work as members of hosted modifications or write tutorials for use on the forums.

And coming back to the application at hand, I support it going to the voting stadium. Still thinking on what I will vote though.
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 22, 2020 at 05:07 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

The wiki description is indeed odd, I too have thought it for debaters/writers
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Support.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Support.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    The wiki description is indeed odd, I too have thought it for debaters/writers
    Me too as I always thought Civitate was for members who have contributed in the D&D area, especially in the Mudpit as debaters.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Definite support from me, a polite and jolly decent fellow!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Support, screenshots are fun.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Voted.

So the guy takes screenshots?

Still more than I've done around here. Support.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I think I might have voted an option I didn't want to vote on..

EDIT: I did.. Sorry Alexander.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

The poll has been done wrong, it shouldn't be public.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast