Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Worldwide Pandemic - how is it effecting you?

Default Re: A Worldwide Pandemic - how is it effecting you?

It's day 348 of 15 days to flatten the curve.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

At this point I'd take poison to get my life back

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I need something stronger than beer considering their new rules in Dunkirk
    At that rythm, I'm not gonna die because of the virus but rather due to a liver cirrhosis
    Well, seems I will need something much stronger too

Starting monday, a three week lockdown will begin... not allowed to leave your village/city, not allowed to meet other people, and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    Well, that could be a discussion to have. I already planned probably doing a blog for my seriously ed covid adventures, not that I like blogs really but I think it's the best format for it and that sort of discussion anyways.
    Well, its not like you can just go and talk to people personally anymore .
    Last edited by Jadli; February 27, 2021 at 05:42 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

There is no good reason not to be vaccinated. None.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    There is no good reason not to be vaccinated. None.
    Side effects is always a valid reason not to be vaccinated.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Sorry Mate, I couldn't resist
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Side effects are a reason not to. But hardly anything I could ever call a valid reason. Valid reasons not to exist for a minute number of people.

Broadly speaking, side effects are pretty minimal from vaccines.

And speaking even just about the COVID vaccine, I have received and administered thousands now personally, and overseen many thousand others that have received it from the team I'm with. Not one yet in our group has had any immediate reactions, life threatening or not, and the fact that all are alive a couple days later to complain of the bad headache or chills or whatever it gave them is a better sign than people like to think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If you are young and healthy you're likely to experience minimal side effects if any at all.

Sorry Mate, I couldn't resist
    Yeh, it's good to laugh, but if you want to return to normal, get a jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader
    and the fact that all are alive a couple days later to complain of the bad headache or chills or whatever it gave them is a better sign than people like to think.
    I know of people who've taken a couple of days (up to a weak) because of side effects they really didn't experience. It's pretty much the perfect free holiday excuse.

I also know of people who self isolated because they came into contact with someone who tested positive or had suspected symptoms. Another free holiday.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

I've had my direct supervisor do it a few times. Despite most places having the ability to at least do some work from home, people still use it as the sick day excuse. The amount of people using it as an excuse versus how many have legitimately needed to do so is probably not going to create any problems in the future when it comes to sick days, virtual working, pay...no, nothing bad at all.

Anyways, I don't want to go too off the rails with discussion here, I'll post my first blog about these things soon. Not words I thought I would ever utter, but there you have it.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/entr...-deal-with-it)
    Last edited by Hader; February 28, 2021 at 09:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeh, it's good to laugh, but if you want to return to normal, get a jab.
    Can not. I'm not a high priority person to get it... yet I'm not old enough.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Had my second jab yesterday.

Feeling tired/lethargic today, dehydrated a bit too. Arm has a dull ache but nothing debilitating.

At work, we're having a hard time getting the youngsters (clients) to step up. Lots of excuses based on what they've read on social media. So I've arranged for a doctor to do a talk and myth bust. I sat in on a video call with her last week and she spoke really well, clear facts and evidence. Hopefully the clients will take on board the need to get vaccinated is imperative to getting back on the road to normality.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Pretty everybody I know that already had the second jab has experienced light flu symptoms, someone for 2-3 days in total

and yes, we are having problems here as well to have people to get vaccinated; to add for the worst the AstraZeneca has been temporarily suspended due to some "dubious deaths", and you can imagine what's happening right now on social medias
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    and yes, we are having problems here as well to have people to get vaccinated; to add for the worst the AstraZeneca has been temporarily suspended due to some "dubious deaths", and you can imagine what's happening right now on social medias
    Yesterday, Sweden decided to stop using Astra Zeneca's vaccine due to the reports from Denmark and other European countries about serious side effects.

Which doesn't make the situation better in Sweden when it comes to the ongoing vaccination and on top of that the failed vaccine delivery from Astra Zeneca.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Blog Entries

Had my second jab yesterday.

Feeling tired/lethargic today, dehydrated a bit too. Arm has a dull ache but nothing debilitating.

At work, we're having a hard time getting the youngsters (clients) to step up. Lots of excuses based on what they've read on social media. So I've arranged for a doctor to do a talk and myth bust. I sat in on a video call with her last week and she spoke really well, clear facts and evidence. Hopefully the clients will take on board the need to get vaccinated is imperative to getting back on the road to normality.
    My second one was hardly anything. Sore arm and nothing more really. First one was a bit worse but not by much. I've had the rare reaction however.

Since I'm just doing the stabbing part, by the time people get to me they're pretty unlikely to have reservations or many questions about the shot. I'm thankfully relegated to answering more specific, non-facebook mom levels of questions at worst.

But outside of actually giving the vaccines, I see this plenty too. A few too many people seem impossible to convince no matter what is said, but patience with the explanation still goes the longest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Pretty everybody I know that already had the second jab has experienced light flu symptoms, someone for 2-3 days in total

Funny how everyone always goes to the flu like symptoms huh? Our last major pandemic is the standard of not so fun symptoms for using your sick leave

I honestly haven't looked much at the AstraZeneca vaccine; I've heard things too, but in passing, so nothing I'm taking seriously without really delving into it. I have mainly had to focus on the ones we have here now, Pfizer and Moderna.

I haven't kept track specifically, but I think I've administered upwards of 5,000 or so vaccines by now. So I'm definitely keeping busy. And I'm definitely fine with big a number in this context.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader
    A few too many people seem impossible to convince no matter what is said, but patience with the explanation still goes the longest way.
    This is the thing that worries me. More people are vaccinated the further away we get from the initial virus but, those hold outs are likely to get the virus and create a seed bed for new varients.

The 'light flu' things cracks me up. I've had Flu a couple of times, there's nothing light about it.

Blog Entries

Hader's got a list of all citizens. It's just a matter of time now

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Well, we here in Norway reached 10% of the population vaccinated last week. This is going to be a long spring.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

My mother got vaccinated yesterday and today she is sick from it, got temperature and all the typical flu symptoims. It was AstraZeneca vaccine.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

How old is she? My mother is 74 and she hasn't managed yet to get the first jab.. this is Italy, now where is Jadli, I think we might want to speak again about swapping countries
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

I have a special offer: if you buy our President for one symbolic euro, you get the full gouvernement for free (plus some others we don't want anymore ).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast