Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Worldwide Pandemic - how is it effecting you?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Worldwide Pandemic - how is it effecting you?

Someone chuck him a man of the hour award right now.

But aye, I can relate to you, internet has been really off lately for us too
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Just so you all know I have had consistently great internet and plenty of privacy.

If anyone deserves an award, it's me.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

We just need to find one that suits you. Or perhaps to create one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't want to be a bother, so I'll just take divus or the loincloth.

Blog Entries

Or just strip him of the ones he already has
    and Peaman

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

WHAT?! NO!

I hesitated for a long time on this type of request, but the situation is getting more serious for me. You know me as a Total War modder for 15 years. My real work consisted of personal consulting and contact with clients. The coronavirus pandemic is preventing my work. I have not been able to work professionally for several weeks. I have debts with companies that are now requesting repayments. Interest on these amounts increases. I am left without income, I have no way to pay. I no longer have mental health. I am quite depressed. It is not easy for me to post here in the forum. If anyone of you has the opportunity to support me, I will be very grateful. I hope that in the future I will be able to reciprocate.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 23, 2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: unsolicited link removed again

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

While the rest of your post is almost assuredly going to be deleted for being a violation of the TOS, I would like to address one part.

I no longer have mental health. I am quite depressed.
    We're in a unique situation right now globally where everyone is sort of in the same boat regarding this situation, though it effects each of us to varying degrees. I want you to know that myself and most others here can empathize with your situation and you should feel welcome to create a thread in the PH&A and talk some of this stuff through with us. As a community we may not be able to provide you with financial support, but we can certainly provide you with moral support. For whatever that's worth.

Blog Entries

How are people getting on? It's going to be a tough Christmas by the looks of it
    and Peaman

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Considering the situation I would say it's probably going pretty well for me (on a personal level). I'll hopefully start the new year with my first job. No more unemployment for me. My pregnant sister is due to give birth in a week or two to my first nephew and my parents first grandchild so that's pretty exciting. Christmas will indeed be in small company and it reflects perfectly the hard year we've gone through. Let's hope 2021 brings more joy.

Hbu Athelchan?

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It's a little bit refreshing to stress about something different. It's been a bit of an extended break from the rat race of the collegiate life for me.

Quarantine boredom brought me back to TWC after basically four years of absence, so that's something.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Blog Entries

Congrats Turk! Happy to hear it'll end on a good note

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    It's a little bit refreshing to stress about something different. It's been a bit of an extended break from the rat race of the collegiate life for me.

I wish I could say the same - Halway through my second year of uni now, and this semester I've had four subjects which have all been taught in various ways, ranging from zoom-lectures to Powerpoints with voice files to actual Word documents... I'm very happy to be done with them, to put it that way. Next semester will probably turn out the same too, but at least there's hope for the autumn.

Quarantine boredom brought me back to TWC after basically four years of absence, so that's something.
    So something good has come out of the pandemic after all
    and Peaman

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

COVID has certainly made my year quite interesting. As I am sure it has for most people in one way or another. Mine just involved a lot more booger picking, needles and gas masks than most.

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I wish I could say the same - Halway through my second year of uni now, and this semester I've had four subjects which have all been taught in various ways, ranging from zoom-lectures to Powerpoints with voice files to actual Word documents... I'm very happy to be done with them, to put it that way. Next semester will probably turn out the same too, but at least there's hope for the autumn.
    I was fortunate that my teachers all had a pretty similar online class format. I think it helped that they were all in the same department and not intro level classes.

My school does quarters instead of semesters, and there were papers being distributed that analyzed how college and universities are too disproportionately young to be high enough on the priority list for vaccines to make an in-person spring quarter that starts in March a possibility. That is of course not counting the medical centers and hospitals that some larger schools like mine have. Which is tough, but it's probably logistically better to have a whole school year online and just begin again with the new year.

2nd year, huh? I had no idea what I was going to do in my second year... are you like me, or do you have an area of study already figured out? Although if you're from Trondheim, you might actually have figured out the basics by now because of how college works over there.

So something good has come out of the pandemic after all
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    COVID has certainly made my year quite interesting. As I am sure it has for most people in one way or another. Mine just involved a lot more booger picking, needles and gas masks than most.
    Hopefully not all three at once. Are you administering or receiving those needles?
    ---

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    Stay safe dude, although I do assume you're doing that already

I was fortunate that my teachers all had a pretty similar online class format. I think it helped that they were all in the same department and not intro level classes.
    Ooh, that's good! And aye, my classes were spread over two departments this semester, though none of the courses communicated much with each other anyways. What are you studying?

My school does quarters instead of semesters, and there were papers being distributed that analyzed how college and universities are too disproportionately young to be high enough on the priority list for vaccines to make an in-person spring quarter that starts in March a possibility. That is of course not counting the medical centers and hospitals that some larger schools like mine have. Which is tough, but it's probably logistically better to have a whole school year online and just begin again with the new year.

2nd year, huh? I had no idea what I was going to do in my second year... are you like me, or do you have an area of study already figured out? Although if you're from Trondheim, you might actually have figured out the basics by now because of how college works over there.
    Aye, I'm on a 5 year course to become a history teacher at upper secondary school etc, so it's basically going from nothing to a Masters in history, sufficient coursing in pedagogy and didactics, a year studying a second subject (English, in my case) and 16 or so weeks of teaching practise crammed into 5 years. It's quite the busy run, but I do save a lot of time. I knew I wanted to study history, and with this I'll end up with a Master's degree in the same time as going just history, while also actually being qualified for a job when I'm done .
    and Peaman

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Hopefully not all three at once. Are you administering or receiving those needles?
    I don't know about Hader, but I always make sure to stick myself with any needle I see laying around. You never know which one might have the vaccine in it.

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ooh, that's good! And aye, my classes were spread over two departments this semester, though none of the courses communicated much with each other anyways. What are you studying?
    Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural design. It's not the usual profile for someone in TWC, but here I am studying concrete, steel, and dirt for years.

Aye, I'm on a 5 year course to become a history teacher at upper secondary school etc, so it's basically going from nothing to a Masters in history, sufficient coursing in pedagogy and didactics, a year studying a second subject (English, in my case) and 16 or so weeks of teaching practise crammed into 5 years. It's quite the busy run, but I do save a lot of time. I knew I wanted to study history, and with this I'll end up with a Master's degree in the same time as going just history, while also actually being qualified for a job when I'm done .
    It's good to hear that my knowledge of schools in Europe didn't fail me. All thanks go to my old foreign exchange roommate from Norway.

Like most people on TWC, I really enjoy history, so it sounds like a lot of fun as far as school goes. I had thought about going for history, but I guess I felt I could still learn about it without it being my career.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I don't know about Hader, but I always make sure to stick myself with any needle I see laying around. You never know which one might have the vaccine in it.
    Well, that's one way to build up your immune system. Very much like our medically-challenged ancestors, I might add.
    Last edited by King Athelstan; January 01, 2021 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Continuity
    ---

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

i'm riddled with disease

Blog Entries

A couple of posts have been deleted. Keep the trolling and low-tier bait out of here.
    and Peaman

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Where does mid-tier and high-range bait fall on that list, Athel?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast