Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Worldwide Pandemic - how is it effecting you?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Worldwide Pandemic - how is it effecting you?

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural design. It's not the usual profile for someone in TWC, but here I am studying concrete, steel, and dirt for years.

It's good to hear that my knowledge of schools in Europe didn't fail me. All thanks go to my old foreign exchange roommate from Norway.

Like most people on TWC, I really enjoy history, so it sounds like a lot of fun as far as school goes. I had thought about going for history, but I guess I felt I could still learn about it without it being my career.

That sounds very useful though, and something you can make good money on! (Better than me in any case) As for not studying history, I very much understand that - a lot of people like it, but not everyone wants to make a career out of it, which is good considering how crowded the market would be

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Where does mid-tier and high-range bait fall on that list, Athel?
    About there.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Got my first vaccine jab today (couple of hours ago). The Pfizer version. Early recipient because of work.

So far so good, side effects consist of not a thing, though one of my colleagues has reported feeling a bit ropey.

If anyone's interested, I'll update over the next couple of days if I get the expected/possible flu like symptoms or start sending private information to secret government agencies via the microchip they put in my arm...

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Please do. Bill Gates is very pleased by your sacrifice.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    If anyone's interested, I'll update over the next couple of days if I get the expected/possible flu like symptoms or start sending private information to secret government agencies via the microchip they put in my arm...
    I'm more interested to know if you are experiencing things like the urge to eat people's brains or to chew on their limbs, to be honest. I asked Hader already, but he doesn't seem to be able to do anything else than incoherent muttering, at the moment
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Glad to hear that Halie, though the only secret government agency you should be sending information to is this guy
    and Peaman

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

No desire to eat brains, though I did manage a kebab last night, which is pretty close.

Pain in my arm got pretty sore, stiffness under the shoulder which was unpleasant. On a scale I'd say a constant dull 4 shooting to 6 at times. Sleep wasn't an option. Other than that I feel fine.

Of my colleges (5) that got jabbed yesterday, age range from 26 - 50, one had mild cold symptoms, mushy head, slight temperature. Another had the same issues as me with a sore shoulder. The others had slight headaches last night and their arms were tender, but all feel fine this morning.

The process itself: I went to UCLH, in at 1.40, once they'd checked ID and put me in a queue it went very quick. After the injection I sat for 10mins under observation, in case there is an immediate reaction. I was out by 2.20. I've spent more time in Macdonald's getting a takeaway.

Blog Entries

So the real question is - Would you rather: McDonald's takeaway or vaccine?
    and Peaman

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

In lock-down, on waiting list for vaccine. Resorting to box-wine for lack of proper supplies. So this is how the world ends?

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'll actually have a good number of stories to put down in writing here at some point, but while I am done with one major part of dealing with COVID, there is still no rest for the wicked. Now I'm moving into the vaccination stage of things (administering) as well as getting to be in the middle of all the craziness that this last election and its transition has caused and may cause in the coming days.

Suffice to say, it has been a very busy year for national guard.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Well, on top of the pandemic, we just had a arctic cold front roll through. Lost water, power and was dealing with temps around -17F for about 48 hours. Still have no water but now have power. Internet is on and off.

The snow was cold
    Falling soft
    Power fails

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    Well, on top of the pandemic, we just had a arctic cold front roll through. Lost water, power and was dealing with temps around -17F for about 48 hours. Still have no water but now have power. Internet is on and off.

The snow was cold
    Falling soft
    Power fails
    , that's pretty cold, how did you get on?

@Lifth, You'll need it for sure
    and Peaman

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, our country is the worst in the world , what else do you need to know

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that Jad, how're you coping?
    and Peaman

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    lol wanna make change with Italy?
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Seems to not have been that bad last year after the 1st wave. What happened?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

@Lifthrasir

Im good, doing school and stuff at home all the time, so I dont have to personally deal with this much. How is it going in France?

@Flinn

Sure

@Lifthrasir

Well, you mean not so bad worldwide or in Czech Republic? We have kinda passed the first wave relatively well, but since about September we have been steadily ed, the worst country in the world, or very close to that (of course I mean tests/deaths per 1 million)...(btw, Italy is relatively far below us) above us are usually only countries like Andorra, San Marino or Montenegro, they dont even have 1 million together .

Well, what went bad? Kinda everything... Our government party is just a bunch of jerks with zero skills and they only care about PR campaign... We have a third health minister since the virus begun... Our prime minister has come to Serbia and Hungary to see how well is russian vaccine Sputnik doing (its not), because he wants it from Putin, and to see how they defeated the virus, instead of working with countries that have actually accomplished something ... no thank you... and stuff like that ... They just havent learnt anything in the last year, they have no plan or working system, every week there is chaos because nobody knows whether on Monday you need two masks or three...

So logically, most ppl are apathetic and dont have a confidence in the government... therefore lot of ppl dont follow the restrictions. And thats the main issue and probably cant be fixed at this point...

And right now the hospitals are at edge of collapse... some regions have been for a month or so... the government is too proud to accept help from Germany... So for example in my region, right next to Germany, which has been one of the worst ones for more than a month, our hospitals have no free beds and are begging the government for help... daily dozens of patients from our hospitals have to be transported via cars to other hospitals, sometimes hundreds of kilometers to the other side of our country, instead of letting Germany help, so we could instead send our patients to 30/40 kms near german hospitals .

Argument of our health minister for not accepting the help was, that if we let Germany help, then we would have to help them afterwards in case the virus hits them hard again... (btw, we have steadily had a higher amount of daily new total cases than Germany, while Germany has 8 times larger population, which is crazy )

Well, I could go on forever...
    Last edited by Jadli; February 20, 2021 at 03:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Do you live in Dunkirk?

Currently our rate for contamination is 660 for 100,000 people vs roughly 200 for 100,000 for the rest of the country. 80% of the cases are infected with the English form of the virus which is about 60% more contagious then the original form (if I'm not mistaken).

See, that's not really better here
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 20, 2021 at 04:14 AM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I expect to see a vaccine sometime before 2050, at which point I'll probably still be doing what I do now.

Blog Entries

Ah vaccins...
    I'm extremly sceptical. Not for conspiracy reasons or similar stuff. But rather about their real efficiency against a virus which mutates
    There are doubts already regarding the South African and Brazilian strains. So yes, scientists say that it is very easy to update the vaccin. And then what? Are we gonna be vaccined every 3 months due to new strains?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast