Thread: Medieval Hotseat for Purchase?

Default Medieval Hotseat for Purchase?

Why does CA not make the ability to play the older total war games like Medieval hotseat and sell it on steam for like $5-10 would it be worth it? can they even do that? or am I dreaming?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval Hotseat for Purchase?

As a player of Medieval Total War and Medieval 2 Total War alike, both of which are on Steam, what the heck is "Medieval Hotseat"?

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    As a player of Medieval Total War and Medieval 2 Total War alike, both of which are on Steam, what the heck is "Medieval Hotseat"?
    I wrote that wrong. I was asking if CA could make a hotseat mode for the original medieval and sell it on steam. Is that even possible?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 18611096 View Post
    I wrote that wrong. I was asking if CA could make a hotseat mode for the original medieval and sell it on steam. Is that even possible?
    Incredibly difficult to add something like that into a game engine that is completely alien to its succeeding games, for an entry that is so old as to not justify the regression in tech or appeal to any sort of audience. I'm afraid unless someone has something obscure to draw up, you are entirely out of luck. Even if it was possible, they have no reason to go to that trouble and then sell it as its own thing on steam. Multiplayer campaigns are neglected enough in later entries as it is and they've clearly abandoned hotseating a long time ago anyways.

To answer the first questions in succession; it would certainly not be worth it in any business sense and it is not impossible but prohibitively difficult for them to do as a company. I haven't looked far into the idea for the original engine, but I don't even think there's so much as source code groundwork for such an idea, and since the engine is still proprietary and not reverse engineered to my knowledge, don't expect a fan implementation to come out either.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; March 24, 2020 at 09:25 PM.

I figured or it would have been done. Thanks.