Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trevor Philips, Racial Equality Campaigner has been Suspended from the Labour Party

Default Re: Trevor Philips, Racial Equality Campaigner has been Suspended from the Labour Party

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Welcome back. Glad you are well.
    Thank you. After Brexit and now this virus it would be great if I could do what I'm supposed to be paid for.

Not as wrong as Jeremy Corbyn though.

He and his liberal counterpart were crap.

The radical left of 2020 (what I was referring to) is not the radical left of 1945. Nevertheless, thank you for reminding us that the far-left has a poor electoral record and a history of racism that long predates the 21st century.
    Glad you recognise that, Britons have been gaslighted to believe the opposite is true. Not sure why the radical left of 2020 is relevant to this argument. They are quite powerless. There were sound reasons to question Phillip's membership long ago, he is to Islamophobia what Livingstone was to Labour anti-semitism, wedded to bigoted commentary and unapologetic.

Then we agree that there's no need for him to be shoehorned into the debate.
    He didn't create Islamophobia for sure, he cashed in , he's a white and less media friendly Trevor Phillips. Before that Robinson was a BNP member, so was more a generic racist.

Thank you for agreeing that identity grifting is a concern and that Islam is a faith (arguably a collection of faiths) not a race.
    But the people who follow Islam belong to races nonetheless, and those races are targetted for abuse, verbal and physical. Phillips' poppy comments are not only sectarian, they are racist.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Default Re: Trevor Philips, Racial Equality Campaigner has been Suspended from the Labour Party

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Glad you recognise that, Britons have been gaslighted to believe the opposite is true.
    I totally agree. People have been misled into believing that the radical left have no history of racism. It took the anti-Semitism scandal to expose that myth to the general public.

Not sure why the radical left of 2020 is relevant to this argument. They are quite powerless.
    The Corbynistas were the most vocal in demanding and supporting Phillips' suspension. Thankfully their power is now collapsing (as is evidenced by Starmer's election and Formby's resignation).

There were sound reasons to question Phillip's membership long ago, he is to Islamophobia what Livingstone was to Labour anti-semitism, wedded to bigoted commentary and unapologetic.
    I disagree. Livingstone's claim that Hitler was a Zionist was beyond the pale for a mainstream politician.

He didn't create Islamophobia for sure, he cashed in , he's a white and less media friendly Trevor Phillips. Before that Robinson was a BNP member, so was more a generic racist.
    Whatever Tommy Robinson is, it has no connection to Phillips' suspension.

But the people who follow Islam belong to races nonetheless, and those races are targetted for abuse, verbal and physical. Phillips' poppy comments are not only sectarian, they are racist.
    Phillips' poppy remarks did not comment on the racial heritage of British Muslims. When someone on the radical left denigrates Anglican beliefs or attitudes, I do not take it as a racial insult.
    Last edited by Cope; May 07, 2020 at 10:44 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

@Mongrel

Views that Muslims tend to have include an increased likelihood to believe that Al Quaeda didn’t perpetrate 9/11, or that homosexuals should be imprisoned. 4% believe Al Quaeda did 9/11 compared to 71% of the general population, 7% of Muslims believe the Jews did it, compared to 1% of the population. Focus groups mostly believed 9/11 was fabricated. 52%, a majority, believe homosexuality should be illegal. These are measurably different to the UK populace as a whole.

BBC- Mr Phillips has been suspended pending investigation over remarks, including expressing concerns about Pakistani Muslim men sexually abusing children in northern British towns, according to the Times.
    PoliticsHome- They include claims by Mr Phillip that the "integration of Muslims will probably be the hardest task we’ve ever faced"; criticism of a group of Muslim scholars for not wearing Remembrance Day poppies; and a warning of the "collision between majority norms and the behaviours of some Muslim groups".
    What do you find so objectionable about these statements that he should be banned from the Labour party.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    @Mongrel

Views that Muslims tend to have include an increased likelihood to believe that Al Quaeda didn’t perpetrate 9/11, or that homosexuals should be imprisoned. 4% believe Al Quaeda did 9/11 compared to 71% of the general population, 7% of Muslims believe the Jews did it, compared to 1% of the population. Focus groups mostly believed 9/11 was fabricated. 52%, a majority, believe homosexuality should be illegal. These are measurably different to the UK populace as a whole.

What do you find so objectionable about these statements that he should be banned from the Labour party.
    I believe those are the views of Policy Exchange not Phillips, are they under investigation now? They are a right wing Tufton Street think tank, nothing to do with Labour. Is this a debate about Sir Trevor or just another excuse to spead religious hatred disguised as discussion? Would toss it aside with the other strawmen, but for the fact that Phillips has worked for them on occaision.

There are other groups including those on the white far right with similar views. So what? How many orthodox Jews, or Belfast Orangemen believe that gay people should have rights? Feckall I would argue. How many David Icke followers think 9/11 is a conspiracy? All of them. How many Salvation Army officers would like the Kingdom of God built here in England? Well there is a song about that.

Policy Exchange, the people responsible for that survey is hardly a neutral player, it benefits from the transatlantic Islamophobia industry generating $$$ for so-called experts on Islam, an amazing feat as actual Muslims haven't produced one since the break up of the Arab Empire. The only people who claim to have unique total knowledge of Islam tend to be extremists or terrorists and their apologists, whether it's Choudhary, ISIS, Robinson or Breivik.

Trevor Phillips says has himself suffered racism and has been an outspoken critic of the Labour party’s failure to deal with anti-Semitism, yet I don't recall him ever standing up for Muslims with such gusto when they were regularily trolled by a hostile tabloid press during Blairs Wars and beyond, in fact he penned some of those articles himself.

His comments about the cultural norms of Pakistani Muslims in relation to abuse cases may have a point, being based on observable events. But as I pointed out in my earlier post, most of his comments come across as just so much gratuitous racist or islamophobic bollocks.

He has claimed Muslims do not report terrorism, despite a poll he cited showing Muslims reporting terrorism more than the general public.

He likened placing a Christian girl into a foster care with a Muslim family as akin to “child abuse, a travesty of the actual truth.Whilst Phillips laid into the foster carer saying that the girl was forced to disavow her culture , well I'll quote the judgment. 'The local authority has satisfied itself that the foster carers have not behaved in any way that was inconsistent with its provision of warm and appropriate care for this child and this view was shared by the girl’s court-appointed guardian. Why or how could a 'race campaigner' get the story so wrong. I suggest he didn't. The Sun pays big bucks for stories that put Muslims ( or EU nationals) in a bad light. Phillips, I argue is motivated by greed.

These sweeping generalisations and tropes are not accepted by any other community. Why should Muslims be any different? The case for investigation is beyond argument.Should have been done long ago.

I totally agree. People have been misled into believing that the radical left have no history of racism. It took the anti-Semitism scandal to expose that myth to the general public.
    Actually no, it took a TUC conference in 1978 for unions to finally recognise that racism was wrong. That's why we don't have separate womens and black unions any more. Either you are too young to know this or the gaslighting hit you hard.

The Corbynistas were the most vocal in demanding and supporting Phillips' suspension. Thankfully their power is now collapsing (as is evidenced by Starmer's election and Formby's resignation).
    And rightfully so, where were the others who should have called Phillips' out well before Corbyn was elected leader? Nowhere.

I disagree. Livingstone's claim that Hitler was a Zionist was beyond the pale for a mainstream politician.
    There is no hierarchy of racism. Both are racists or bigots if one prefers that terminology.
    Last edited by mongrel; May 14, 2020 at 10:59 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Reminds me of the Sabisky affair. The tories are a dogmatic politically correct party that is intolerant and shuts down debate. Do you agree with me?

Although I guess Sabisky was stating wildly racist idiocy instead of facts. So that part is a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I meant to make a thread on this at the time, but to be honest I just couldn’t be bothered. Well better late than never.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51797316
    https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...phobia-muslims
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...earnt-nothing/
    Premium Article:

Labour clearly are either clueless and out of touch, or this is an attempt to draw attention away from scrutiny and is essentially whataboutery. The idea that stating independently verifiable facts is enough to get chucked out of Labour shows that it is no longer an open forum for debate, but a dogmatic politically correct party that is intolerant and shuts down debate. Do you agree with me?[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123