Thread: Epirote Phalangites

Default Epirote Phalangites

I've recently started an Epeiros game (version 2.35) and I can't seem to recruit any standard phalangites. Deuteroi, agema, and mercenary phalangites are available, but regular old phalangitai don't show up anywhere. I've checked the building browsers in Epirus, Thessaly, and various other Greek provinces I control and none of the government or colony buildings offer them. They show up correctly in the recruitment viewer, but apparently not in the game. I have yet to see this problem with any other Hellenistic faction.

Any advice is appreciated!

Default Re: Epirote Phalangites

You need a Hellenistic Colony (level 2 and above) to get regular Phalangitai, or hold Pella, Alexandreia or Antiocheia.

Their limited availability is intentional.

Standard phalangites aren't available in the balcans outside of Pella and Ambrakia, the other provinces only have access to light phalanxes. They're available always through the hellenistic colony, with the exception of the three macedonian capitals: Pella, Antiocheia, Alexandreia.

Weirdly enough, Asia Minor is a pretty solid source of Phalangitai. At least until the Thureos reforms really start setting in.

You can get two units of Phalangitai (13 turn replenishment) from HelCol lvl2 there, as opposed to the 1 unit of Phalangitai (25 turn replenishment) from Thessaly and Epeiros.

Quote Originally Posted by BailianSteel View Post
    Weirdly enough, Asia Minor is a pretty solid source of Phalangitai. At least until the Thureos reforms really start setting in.

You can get two units of Phalangitai (13 turn replenishment) from HelCol lvl2 there, as opposed to the 1 unit of Phalangitai (25 turn replenishment) from Thessaly and Epeiros.
    Did you read EBII EULA? Now it's time for you to do your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I've been doing my part...just not *all parts.* Or at least the part that explains Hellenistic settlement and training in Asia Minor.

Quote Originally Posted by BailianSteel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    As Sar1n alludes to, there's a historical reason for that, it isn't coincidental or weird.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    As Sar1n alludes to, there's a historical reason for that, it isn't coincidental or weird.
    Never said the team didn't have reasons for it, and it is weird to the Average Joe who probably never even heard about Hellenic presence in Asia Minor.