Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Photo-Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Photo-Thread

@ Abdul, great pics!

I forgot I promised to post some pic of our Xmas trees, I actually only took some of the one in my daughter's room

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

sticking stuff to the wall helps prevent everything from going kaboom exactly 0,3 nanoseconds after you have finished to set it up..
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Thats a really sweet christmas decoration for a child.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I feel like thats cheating, Flinn.

I have contacted the Christmas committee about deducting points from your Christmas Point Total.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Pointless.

Do you know who is sitting in the christmas-commitee?

Right, HE.^^

Blog Entries

I plead no guilty, it's been my wife's doing!

(actually, if for me, there won't be any Xmas tree at all )
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

You'd just get a dude tree
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Because I told you we had a lot of snow this year

I didn't take this pic, in fact is from the website of a Resort of a friend of mine; looks like it's high mountain but it isn't, since it's about 550 mt and inside my municipality; the mountain on the other side is approx 2100 mt.

And of course, no skying this year.. ing Covid

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's called Murphy's Law Flinn
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I thought Murphey's Law was that in any internet discussion someone will inevitably mention Hitler?

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Because I told you we had a lot of snow this year

I didn't take this pic, in fact is from the website of a Resort of a friend of mine; looks like it's high mountain but it isn't, since it's about 550 mt and inside my municipality; the mountain on the other side is approx 2100 mt.

And of course, no skying this year.. ing Covid

God thats breathtaking. You are so lucky, I've skied once in my life and I loved it greatly. You can go there soonish! Swoosh. Envy 3000. I have to go to or through Sweden.()

Normally I'm super private, but I can't help but share this laundry list of stuff I'm having done with my beloved trashpile of a car, I've not bothered to translate it all(If you care you can get an idea with a quick Google Translate), TLDR; but it's not a safe traffic when I go driving these days.(I know, come with the jokes.). What I'm most psyced about beside the car becoming safe, is the quote I'm having added to it, from Swiss Army Man.

Isn't this just epicly cool!

Det Grønne "Lyn" - Opel Astra 1.6 van (Gul-Plade)

1. Sidespejl venstre side mangler.
      1. Der skal monteres et nyt for at bilen kan synes.

2. Revne i forruden.
      1. Muligt at dette ikke vil accepteres(til gene for døren).

3. Håndbremsen skal laves da dette også er bilens såkaldte nødbremse.
      1. Bremser både højre og venstre side foran skal tjekkes og laves da disse ikke er i i stand til at bremse bilen i forsvarlig stand.

4. Forhjulene skal være af en samme type og ikke som nu(sommer dæk (v) helårs dæk (h). Dette var påpejet da jeg havde den hos jer sidst.
      1. Højre forhjul ophæng skal laves , så bilen ikke trækker hårdt til højre ved at slippe rettet.(Dog kan dette også grundes lufttab da jeg syntes det mindskes når der kommet ny luft på).

5. Mislyd fra bagpot og forstørret(udstødningen ) den er utæt.
      1. Kan ikke gå igennem syn. Udstødnings gas .
      2. For højt CO2 + div kan ikke synes.

6. Ratslør over max Grænsen.
    7. Højre sidepanel(undervogn) ved fordøren skal tjekkes , da det højst sandsynligt også er noget af den bærende undervogn som er ødelagt (påkørsel af stor genstand , har været under bilen også.
    8. Forlygten venstre side (indholder vand og fugt)
      1. Kan kke godkendes(betinget godkendt).
      2. Forlygterne er indstillet forkert så der er risiko for at blinde modkørende bilister.( Betinget godkendt.)

9. Bilenens motor har store problemer med at bibeholde trækkraften (måske problem med tab af hestekræfter på grund af defekt cylender el ventiler.
    10. Rust Skal tilses og ikke være et problem I nærmere tid.
    11. Starter har svigtet til tider, hvilket har nødsaget at det har skulle laves med svensknøgle.
      1. Motor i helhed ønskes hammerlak/rustbehandlet for at undgå lignende problemer I fremtid.

12. Der er uidentificeret nød-lysproblem der skal undersøges, har haft dette forsøgt undersøgt før uden held.
    13. Termostat for motor opfører sig underligt og ønskes tilses.
    14. Der ønskes at skrives "If you don't know Jurassic Park, you don't know ."
      1. Enten, med font THE DOVES TYPE®, i stilen af filmen qouted er fra;
      2. Eller I stil af det qouted omhandler;

15. Der nogle electroniske problemer jeg ikke har evnet at finde ud af.
    16. Er glad for mit pink floyd bånd, men radioen kan ikke længe afspille dem uden mislyd, så ville være fedt hvis der var en fix løsning så den også kunne komme ind i den moderne tidalder med bluetooth osv.
    17. Generelt servicecheck med alt inkluderet.
    18. Vær sød ved den, den har kørt teaterkulisser til over 400 børneteaterforstillnger, udstyr til blå fester for livgarden, ting og sager til tegne kurser. Pøj pøj med det, ved det en mundfuld.
    Last edited by Narf; April 09, 2021 at 08:41 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I have used google translate to (somewhat correctly?) translate that laundry list of issues into English.

The Green "Lightning" - Opel Astra 1.6 van (Yellow Plate)

Side mirror left side is missing. A new one must be fitted for the car to be visible.

Crack in the windshield. Possibly this will not be accepted (to the inconvenience of the door).

The parking brake must be made as this is also the car's so-called emergency brake. Brakes on both the right and left side in front must be checked and repaired as these are not able to brake the car in proper condition.

The front wheels must be of the same type and not as now (summer tires (v) all year tires (h). This was pointed out when I had it with you last time. The right front wheel suspension must be made so that the car does not pull hard to the right by dropping in the right direction. (However, this can also be due to air loss as I thought it is reduced when new air is added).

Noise from the rear pot and magnified (the exhaust) it is leaking. Can not go through vision. Exhaust gas. Too high CO2 + div can not be seen.

Steering wheel over the Max Limit. The right side panel (undercarriage) at the front door must be checked, as it is most likely also some of the load-bearing undercarriage that is damaged (collision with a large object, has been under the car as well. Headlight left side (contains water and moisture) Cannot be approved (conditionally approved). The headlights are set incorrectly so there is a risk of blind oncoming drivers. (Conditionally approved.)

The car's engine has major problems maintaining traction (perhaps problem with loss of horsepower due to defective cylinder or valves. Rust Must be taken care of and not be a problem in the near future. Starter has failed at times, which has forced it to be made with wrench. The engine as a whole wants hammer paint / rust treated to avoid similar problems in the future.

There are unidentified emergency light problem to be investigated, have had this tried investigated before without success. The thermostat for the motor behaves strangely and needs to be checked.

There are some electronic issues I have not been able to figure out. Am happy with my pink floyd tape, but the radio can not play them for a long time without noise, so would be cool if there was a fixed solution so it could also enter the modern age with bluetooth etc. General service check with everything included. Be kind to the one who has run theater sets for over 400 children's theater performances, equipment for blue parties for the lifeguard, things and cases for drawing courses. Pooh pooh with it, know it a mouthful.
    That's....wow.... quite a list of issues you've got there. And I thought my Volvo needed work, I don't feel bad at all now .

If your car has a cigarette lighter or auxiliary power outlet you can get an FM blutooth radio adapter (This is the specific one I use in my car) that lets you either play audio from your phone via aux cable or blutooth. It's been a LIFESAVER for me. Also I see that you said that you have a tape deck, which means you can also just get one of these and play audio via aux cable that way.

Content Staff Magistrate

Thanks for translating that xD. And the good suggestions! Yeah it's been needing work for a long time, but if I could get it going with help from here and there, I was fine with it. Now it's time to have it properly looked at. I've been suggested the, Audio Cassette to Aux Adapter solution before, I normally use my cigarette thingy for my charger to my bluetoothspeaker and phone, so if they don't find a good solution there I might end up picking that one.

What did you think of the swiss army man quote? ;P

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I normally use my cigarette thingy for my charger to my bluetoothspeaker and phone,
    The thing I linked first has a USB port in it that you can use to charge your phone, as well as being blutooth capable (though your blutooth speaker probably has better sound quality than old car speakers).

Having my car looked at is always a harrowing experience. Just counting down the minutes until you have to spend way too much money

I haven't seen Swiss Army Man aside from the I believe the scene where Daniel Radcliffe is used as some sort of speedboat or raft? I might have to watch that tonight...

Content Staff Magistrate

Watch it! It's my favourite movie, don't watch trailers! Yeah, I've been saving up for this aswell, I'm super anxious about how it will go, I get. And yes, it's the one where Daniel Radcliff is a speedboat. Perfection.

Making my weekly tour to the local Aldi supermarket, beautiful weather today...

Life and death

Sunset

Campidoctor

You pass a graveyard and a forest when going to Aldi?

It can't get any more German than that.

---

@topic

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    I've not bothered to translate it all(If you care you can get an idea with a quick Google Translate)
    It never ceases to amaze me that I can read that with only a little discomfort and extra concentration. I can even spot some spelling errors (okay, compounding stuff really; særskrivning). But whenever I visit Denmark and listen to people, I find it hard even to tell the topic of what people are talking about.

Campidoctor

Yo. What's up with this thread? Let's revive it with some great summer shots.
    Wait, summer? No. Just the brooding forests of Germania.

i felt sleepy upon seeing this view

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by AoRun View Post
    i felt sleepy upon seeing this view
    That's how their heads are separated from body in teutoburg forest

Or some nasty worm would get you and start feeding on your brain