Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radically improved game experience(IdillaMZ Submod)

Default Radically improved game experience(IdillaMZ Submod)

Idilla Submod

- much better Campaign AI(Piter AI modified by me)
    - much better Battle AI(fully integrated Germanicus AI)
    - better diplomacy
    - higher units morale
    -
    Higher range for units throwing Javelins, Pilum etc.
    -
    smaller garrisons/faster AI expansion
    - full backup

Download(version 1.0)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N5D...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: Radically improved game experience(IdillaMZ Submod)

Download(version 1.1) (I forgot about one VERY important file )

Full1.2 version
    - very important correction of battlefield balance

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDQ...ew?usp=sharing

Are you going to update it for the next versions of EBll?.

Submod is updated to this version (most recent version, i hope) https://www.moddb.com/mods/europa-ba...taller-version

Could you explain a bit more the chances you made for your submod? Especially regarding the campaign AI, battle AI and the diplomacy?

- I implemented absolutely the best MTW2 campaign AI with specific changes for the mod(propably there will be more small corrections in the future, but i have to play a little bit). Also absolutely the best battlefield AI. I dont have to say more. Really.
    - new diplomacy mechanics template giving more dynamic and flexible diplomacy but still depends on anti-flexible EB II faction relations system(maybe i change it)
    - higher morale means - no more absolutely ridiculous instant white flag in enemy army
    - higher range for short range units is important, cuse AI has problems with proper using short range weapons in battlefield conditions, where player can immediatly close the distance
    - i reduced rebel garrisons and forbidden new recruitments, cuse AI factions cant conquer settlements with huge unit stacks. When player in the same situation on standard version of the mod is capable to take every rebel settlement almost without casualties.

Fast expansion and aggressive behave (not specially against the player, but against every faction)

Full 1.3 version

- very important correction of battlefield AI

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17kd...ew?usp=sharing

Oh right but can you tell me more about what you did? I'm considering testing it to see the effects. Your campaign map seems quite good.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; April 09, 2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idill`a (MZ) View Post
    - i reduced rebel garrisons and forbidden new recruitments, cuse AI factions cant conquer settlements with huge unit stacks. When player in the same situation on standard version of the mod is capable to take every rebel settlement almost without casualties.

Fast expansion and aggressive behave (not specially against the player, but against every faction)
    That's exactly the opposite of what the team intends with CAI behaviour. There's no point in the Marian reforms, late Celtic reforms or many other events if the game is over in 100 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That's exactly the opposite of what the team intends with CAI behaviour. There's no point in the Marian reforms, late Celtic reforms or many other events if the game is over in 100 turns.

This is not a very smart solution.

What would be a better solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Piterx93 View Post
    This is not a very smart solution.
    Why so?

Fast expansion for player is much, much, much, MUCH easier on standard version of the mod. Where AI factions are totally passive and blocked by full stacks in rebel settlements. Conquering rebel provincies is extremely easy for player. My goal is to confront player with strong AI factions, not passive and easy to defeat rebel garrissons.
    I wanna slow nad hard campaign for a player - fighting strong AI factions(in dynamic and suprising political situations) not boring and always same rebel garrisons, exacly opossite to situation on stadard version.

I will change faction relations system, because in result of this - game is very schematic. Politics should be dynamic not historical.

Im testing new battle balance(faster battles) and Germanicus AI formations

Full 1.5 version

- new battlefield balance (faster battles)
    - battle AI improvements
    - experimental campaign AI from Divide and Conquer V4 modification
    - slightly higher morale
    - higher range for all missile and skirmisher units

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EG4...ew?usp=sharing

Testing upgraded version of Piter AI

Quote Originally Posted by Idill`a (MZ) View Post
    Fast expansion for player is much, much, much, MUCH easier on standard version of the mod. Where AI factions are totally passive and blocked by full stacks in rebel settlements. Conquering rebel provincies is extremely easy for player. My goal is to confront player with strong AI factions, not passive and easy to defeat rebel garrissons.
    I wanna slow nad hard campaign for a player - fighting strong AI factions(in dynamic and suprising political situations) not boring and always same rebel garrisons, exacly opossite to situation on stadard version.
    No, all you've done is ruin the early game by short-cutting to the middle game where there are no Rebels, only AI superfactions.

There is no "fix" to stop a player who just wants to blitz the map in 100 turns, not without spoiling the game for everyone who doesn't play that way.

@
    QuintusSertorius
    . Everything what i want to do, is to stop that kind of gameplay(blitzing). On standard version player have huge advantage in beating rebel garrisons(easy battles with instant white flag in enemy army) when AI simply cant. Your "early game" from standard version, means 100% predictable and boring solo-(player)faction game. My mod is for people which wants to see action and resistance from AI.

Last edited by z3n; April 08, 2020 at 10:46 PM. Reason: removed censor bypass

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast