Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Radically improved game experience(IdillaMZ Submod)

Default Re: Radically improved game experience(IdillaMZ Submod)

Quote Originally Posted by Piterx93 View Post
    By the way, in my opinion it is also very rude that someone spent many hours thinking about something new and better and can not write that it is better because someone else wanted to come up with something else. No, he didn't want to come up with, he just didn't get the idea. AI is not able to besiege cities. This is a problem that someone has decided to fix and is under attack because of it. If you think that artificial intelligence may besiege the settlement, play on the new AI and you will see that the old one could not. I worked for a long time to achieve an effect that is not present in other AIs, and now someone writes to me that there are no better and worse AIs and someone can be offended, because after many hours I came up with something new and you can't write that it's better. I do not greet you.
    Its not the name of the mod that is rude, it was the way he insulted the EB team, Yes they made some decisions i disagree with. I entirely agree with this Mods approach to the CAI and Gameplay. Im not entirely sure what the EB team wants with the Rebels, (just being historical because these are independent cities at the time of mod start) But if the rebels actually acted like factions, and they were like the small factions in Rome 2 or Atilla, it would be great and i would prefer to have the rebels. But without the scripts for that. They are just boring stacks of constant city battles to fight for the first 100 turns. Which i dont know about anyone else, but city battles are my least favorite battles, and spending the first 100 turns doing city battles is awful. With this mod im busy fighting baktria, and AS stacks as saka.

So yeah i agree with the name of this mod "Better AI" But again, the EB mod is still not "completed" and maybe when it finally is, they will make Rebels act like AI, or make them at least roam around their province instead of cooping up in their city and forcing city battles. Than this mod will be a god send, Because we will have our "fix" to that problem.

Tried the mod for a couple of turns, it really turns the mod into a more generic M2TW experience which can be fun for some but not to me, the nuance and slow build that is typical to the nation building of EBII is gone IMHO, the AI faction expansion feels really similar to DAC turn 2 auto expansion since it's so fast and the attemps to recreate sub factions through the euleutheroi scripts disappears. feels a lot like a version to bug hunt where u quickly go through the turns to check out if there are buggs.

Whatever the fuss is about and the pretentious way the modder named his sub modification it is an interesting take, min maxers who don't roleplay like legend total war should have a stab at it (no judgement roleplaying requires a lot of suspension of disbelief which is not the taste of everybody, from what I heard EBII is a pretty niche mod for that precise reason IIRC)

PS : sorry for my poor english I'm not native english

Is any of this modular? Like the Javelin range? I really don't like using Javelin infantry because outside of skirmishers i feel like they take far too long to throw them so a longer range will help. And i have noticed that if you don't fire off all of their ammunition they never charge properly.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

My new patch is almost done, but i totally stopped playing this game for some time and left whole project. I will back soon. Even better radically improving EB II submod with upgraded Piter AI is coming

There is no space for discussions about huge rebel stacks. If someone dont want any challange than should play standard EB II, where battles are extremly easy with instantly fleeing armies of rebels. Easy battles(low morale, AI and unit ballance) + frozen, unactive rebels with huge stacks, which are easy to defeat for player on battlefield and hard for AI using auto resolve based on statistic algorithms.

I cant edit my posts, cuse of this stupuid rule on this forum:
    You need 25 posts before you can edit. When you've got 25 posts, a button will appear near the 'Quote' and 'Reply' buttons in your posts. Just click it if you want to edit something But this is slightly misplaced

I can belive that someone created such a thing.

*I cant belive that someone created such a thing.

i have noticed cavalry doesn't recharge.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maybe I am too much the historical fanatic, but I like the so called rebels. They add depth, they aren't just space fillers named historically placed as much a faction as can be expected with games limits. If anything all I wish for are more towns and even more realism.

Yep, eb team have done an excellent job, created many types of rebel. If you haven’t play this mod yet, don’t think this mod put an end to rebel, it’s the opposite, there are so many goddam spies. I am playing as pregamon, having hard time invade anywhere, the unrest is crazy. Even ai faction cannot withstand it. Epiros has taken over Greece, but all it has to take is one good spy in Pella , maybe that spy belong to me or those Getai or both, then the getai will pour down like water then i getai maybe eat my faction alive. Sad.
    Anyway i agree with both of you and the creater of this mod. I personally think AI shoud need a lot of buff, with this mod and i set general hitpoints 20 (no kidding), in EDU.txt i plus 10 for morale ( mental_stat) , in battle_config.xml i set kill rate 0.2, fire rate 0.1 and other rate stuff like cav vs phalnx,infantry,..., i copy from original EBII and original projectile file because i i think javelin in this mod fly like a bullet, i throw some stick and it doesn’t fly much. That’s how i force myself into play historically, the last i play rome, the nothern threats is real and there are stacks and stacks, spies after spies, many silver medal barbaric retainters, there come my slow unorganized turn 100 no reform legion. I got slaughtered. Twices. And i didn’t say anything about Carthage and Spanish faction yet. Some spanish even got stuck in Illyria (i got no idea how why or how, two full stack by the way, i will post the pic).
    That my rant. Hope everyone the best.

Ran a little 50 turn test before deciding on whether to use it or not and the expansion increase is pretty significant not sure how i feel about it, i imagine by turn 70-75 you are left with nothing but superfactions which could be ideal for some people. I was playing as Taksashila not moving so that's why that area is relatively clear. (I notice Rome still does barely anything too haha).
    Last edited by Martin N; January 14, 2021 at 12:00 AM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Hi i have to say you did awesome work with this mod, the most challening total war campaign i ever played.I just have a question i already played few campaign. And usally some reforms occur, but somehow in my sweboz campaign i kinda still playing with the starting roster of kinda 9 basic units wihtout any swordsmen. How do i manage to get some reforms or gain some extra untis in the germanic lands ?

And again thx for this great mod you did a hell off work here to make this mod really nice

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Is this one up-to-date with latest EB release? I'm having crash to desktop upon start up with the submod files placed inside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234