Thread: Can the USA emerge as an AI controlled faction in the grand campaign?

Default Can the USA emerge as an AI controlled faction in the grand campaign?

Hi guys,

Can the USA emerge as an AI controlled faction in the grand campaign? I'm asking because I thought it would be fun to play as the british and then have the USA rebell against you at some point and you fight them.
    So basically like the road to independece campaign but playing the british instead of USA.

I wonder if that would happen in 1776 if you didnt annex the 13 colonies by then? If not is there a mod or something that makes this happen?

Thanks!

Default Re: Can the USA emerge as an AI controlled faction in the grand campaign?

Just wait until after the Brits annex the Thirteen Colonies - and jack up the tax rate to maximum in the American Theatre.
    Napoleon Total War Play-Throughs:

Italian Campaign - VH/VH (completed Late May, 1797)

Egyptian campaign - VH/VH (conquered all provinces Late Nov. 1800)
    Prussian Campaign - VH/VH (in progress)

Just because you CAN buy that shiny bauble - doesn't mean you SHOULD buy it.

Default Re: Can the USA emerge as an AI controlled faction in the grand campaign?

Thats a good idea. Thanks I will try that!

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

I was playing the Grand Campaign yesterday and New York declared itself the United States in 1701 or so. The rest of the colonies remained a protectorate.

If memory serves me correct in the grand campaign the formation of the US is generally kind of disappointing in Vanilla Mode, You get a bunch of bonnet wearing militia for the American army.