Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Divide and Conquer] The Land of Shadow II

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [Divide and Conquer] The Land of Shadow II

The Land of Shadow II

Mod

We will use Divide and Conquer V3 - Cold North mod for Third Age Total War. Credits to the russian hotseating community for some parts of their DaC HS Patch.

Map

Divide and Conquer Map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Factions

Gondor: Jaglenator
    Rohan: Francisco22

vs

Mordor: Gamemaster
    Isengard: Aexodus

Admin
    Jadli

Rules

Map:

• No capturing any settlements beyond the red line (will be added to the map once we decide the factions)

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours or 48 hours with notification. Admin will sub lightly. I will not skip, but I also will not spend a ton of time on your turn
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• You are not allowed to attack any human opponent on turn 1, unless that player has already played his turn. Attacking includes starting a siege. There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however.
    • You must autoresolve all battles (manual battles disabled). However, you can fight manually the rebels/AI
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • Players are not allowed to siege a settlement in order to prevent enemy units from retreating inside it
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 900+ men, 1200+ Isengrad orcs or 1500+ Mordor orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates anyway. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlendings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by Jadli; April 21, 2020 at 02:45 AM. Reason: edit

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Divide and Conquer] The Land of Shadow II

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatorn1 View Post
    I would like to join, preferably DaC since I have it installed and my pc is quite low on memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I’ll take Isengard in area 1 or woodland elves in area 2. I also vote area 2, Divide and Conquer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameMaster View Post
    I would say DAC area 1 Mordor

But seeing the voting if it is area 2 Dagor Ennor

probapply pick rhun

Gaming Emeritus

So I divided the original hotseat into two, one using DE and using DaC (this one).

The other one is there, in case you would like to play in both https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dow-OPEN-SPOTS!

So we need at least one more guy to get this started.

From your preferences it is likely going to be Gondor/Rohan vs Mordor/Isengrad

I'll just reaffirm my position as Area 1 Mordor

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Divide and Conquer] The Land of Shadow II - OPEN SPOTS!

What are your thoughts on "vassal factions", such as Dunlendings and Dol Amroth? Should they stay in game, and be played by their liege? I have the ability to just remove them and give their lands to Isengrad and Gondor.

Thinkng of that, perhaps each of you could have a "vassal" of your own, for example Mordor could have either Dol Guldur or Variags or Harad (not sure here) and Rohan could have Lorien I suppose?

So thinking about it and looking over it.

I the vassals factions in themselves are a problem,

Mostly mayby due to location

Lorien vs Dol guldur works but Dunland would just be helping Isenguard and the same with Dol Amroth.

So you'd have a 2v1 near Rohan a 1v1 up north
    and a 1v2 with Gondor and Mordor

Another thing thought is that Isenguard is the only none-large realm in area 1. and the only faction whichs Capital can be Immediatly accesed in a 1 turn movement by their oppenant.
    Isenguard is also a build-up faction which needs a bit more time.

I would mayby say give Isenguard 1 or 2 Dunlending settlements to ease the initial land and income difference between Rohan and Isenguard.

Now I think Gondor and Mordor are decent Adding Dol Amroth to Gondor would give them 1/3 more income a turn , I am not sure if all of Khands territories would adjust for it.
    Also Khand is so far away training units there is largly folly and would just be additional income (unless I fail so badly Seregost is taken)

So I guess that depends more on the GM

Though I am also not 100% sure if the hotseat patches gives any buffs or defbuffs to any factions , but those are my 2 cents

Gaming Emeritus

Yes, I suppose lets just give Dunlendings lands to Isengrad and Amroth lands to Gondor and destroy the factions, and I will balance the economies a bit.

From looking at it the patch, I suppose we dont need it. It doesnt actually do much for our purposes, tho I will have to have two huge folders as Im admin in the other HS, but np. If you want to just use the official version (V3 Cold North), we can

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, lets use "only" the official release, V3 Cold North, so you dont need any of those patches

Francisco will be be playing Rohan, thus we are all set. Once I download the the base mod, it shouldnt take much longer to start it

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

If Isengard is the only one that can be reached in turn 1, would it be possible to make it against the rules to attack anyone in turn one whether they have played or not, in this hs?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Gaming Emeritus

I will likely put that rohan army further to solve it

Actually Jadil I am refering to the fact Rohan has a settelment with an army and that settelments location is 1 infantry turn away , so infantry from the settelment can siege Isengard turn 1

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, we are are all set. Gondor up!

An updated map is now in the OP. You are not allowed to leave the lands inside the red line (northern crossing at Anduin is in play, dont worry)

As I suggested before, Amroth lands were given to Gondor, Dunelands lands were given to Isengrad. Mordor was strengthened a bit in south west, due to lack of his allies (he got those two settlements, plus a fleel from Umbar). Isengrad fort south of the capital was moved a bit north, so its guarding the crossing, thus Rohan cant reach Isengrad on first turn. Other minor tweaks done, basic scripts kept.

Manual battles are allowed against rebels and AI (Enedwaith). The other AI faction are freezed, thus they will not do anything (including Enedwaith).

Good luck to all of you!

EDIT

New starting save http://www.mediafire.com/file/9jtt2n...r_T1b.sav/file
    Last edited by Jadli; March 20, 2020 at 09:01 AM.

Blog Entries

How are we supposed to capture aettlements if spies can’t open them up if they have 6+ units? Doesn’t this put factions without much in the way of siege engines at a big disadvantage?
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Gaming Emeritus

Besiege, bribe, or use ballista

Its not easy to have that many units in many settlements or forts, due to low economy and long replenishing times.

Though if most of you agrees on this, it can be changed

Can any confirm for me , its just not me , but it seems as Mordor

my UI keeps being Gondors and a few of my castles and strongholds have become cities?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oru3ug...or_T1.sav/file
    Save file... (Gondor -> Rohan ? )

EDIT:

New save file - http://www.mediafire.com/file/wlxnrf...Rohan.sav/file (Sorry for the delay)
    Last edited by Terminatorn1; March 21, 2020 at 09:08 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameMaster View Post
    Can any confirm for me , its just not me , but it seems as Mordor

my UI keeps being Gondors and a few of my castles and strongholds have become cities?
    Black Gate was actually my mistake, not sure how it happened. I fixed the new settlement and new save was reuploaded, replay your turn using it teminatorn1, please.

I think these kind of UI issues are normal in hotseats. Perhaps you wil have correct UI, if you make a save on Mordor turn and then load it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...87/Mordor1.sav

please reach out to me in discord
    Francisco22#0125

Blog Entries

How do you upload it to discord without messaging someone?

You poist it in some channel of your own server and then copy the dl link

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast