Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Award] Hader for Curial Service Award

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Hader for Curial Service Award

@Van Zandt:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That's actually quite easy to find. It took me 5 minutes (see here for a quick summary).
    Hader made the Order 66 in February 2019 to reform the Curia while this institution was in a major crisis. He's been Consul since the end of March 2019, which give him almost 4 full terms in that position, keeping the Curia running despite the lack of activity.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    And i don't think Hader would enjoy a long, semifunny adulation.
    No he doesn't, but what is due is due.

Now, everybody knows I tried to overthrow and execute him for ages, so I'm the last one who would celebrate him, but once again, what is due, is due.

Hader, for the love of this site and this community, and only for that, decided to put a lot, A LOT, of efforts into trying to do what he deemed right for the Curia. Whatever one can say, he respected the Curial regulations, he did not impose anything, he came here and put his face on this, he gave everybody the opportunity to comment and propose modifications, and finally he got his Order 66 approved in the most democratic way possible.. no matter what one can think of that amendment, that's a fact.

Hader does not love the Curia, and I with him; it does not mean that we don't recognize it its merits, simply we don't believe in some of the aspects of how it works.. it's a pretty common sentiment among Staffers.. however, Hader loves the community and he knows that the Curia it's an important part of it, so he "took the cross", as we say here, and ventured on this Crusade.. he could have dropped the ball at any time, nothing obliged him to follow up with it, but he did, because he cares... for over a year and more (if we consider all the time he spent here before the Order 66 became effective).

Hader is a busy man, RL is hitting him much, but he keeps being here, doing everything he can (remember that he has other admin roles in the site) and he keeps putting efforts and thoughts on the Curia as in many other things... he kept holding the cross when everybody was still pointing at him as the one who killed the Curia, and now that a natural, new activity, is proving them wrong, he'll probably has to refer his duties to a new Consul, because RL always has the precedence, no?

Few have served the Curia with such a distinction, support.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Hader should already had the Curial Service Award by now, so why not skip the voting process and just let Hader get the award.

Support!
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

You suggest we throw curial standards to the wind and just give Hader the curia award?

It's perfect. It's exactly what Hader has stood for his entire career.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Updated the OP with suggested content.

I would just like to add that Hader has been a consistent contributor to TWC since I first met him when beta-testing Lusted's Terra Expungnandae back in 2006. He has always been fair and open. He is certainly deserving of this award.

However, I am dismayed that certain members who consistently demonstrate personal antagonism towards me would allow that to interfere in this process. This ongoing battle has colored almost every aspect of my own contributions to TWC and my relations with other members. And while I had hoped that the passing of the years might have reduced this toxic influence, it appears that it only grows more entrenched. This frustrating impediment to my activities, that continues unabated, will lead to an end of my own efforts to contribute to the TWC community.

I thank everyone who has supported this proposal.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I may be reading the entire situation wrong, but I don't think that any "antagonism" was directed at you as a person. I think everyone here agrees that Hader is deserving of the award, and that you are more than within your right to nominate him for it. That being said though, people seem to be split on it purely because of the short and prompt nature of the proposal. Usually these things are given more pomp and circumstance (whether that be good or bad is for another debate). Just look at the two award proposals currently up for vote. Both go into detail about the user and their contributions and make the case to the Curia that they should support and vote for the nominee to receive the award.

Yours did not do that (though I see at the time of my post that it has been updated). While it is the duty of the Curia to do it's own research, it is not the sole duty of the Curia. Some of the onus is on the presenter of the award to make sure that they do a fair proposal on their nominees behalf. I think that a lot of the disagreement over this award stemmed from that point. Yes the award is deserved, but the post skirts the common practices of the Curia and that is, I believe, why there was opposition.

And while I had hoped that the passing of the years might have reduced this toxic influence, it appears that it only grows more entrenched. This frustrating impediment to my activities, that continues unabated, will lead to an end of my own efforts to contribute to the TWC community.
    This attitude comes off as childish.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    However, I am dismayed that certain members who consistently demonstrate personal antagonism towards me would allow that to interfere in this process. This ongoing battle has colored almost every aspect of my own contributions to TWC and my relations with other members. And while I had hoped that the passing of the years might have reduced this toxic influence, it appears that it only grows more entrenched. This frustrating impediment to my activities, that continues unabated, will lead to an end of my own efforts to contribute to the TWC community.
    This 'ongoing battle' could be a lot smoother, a lot more congenial and a lot less entrenched if you took feedback as feedback, not as personal insults, thus deflecting your perceived flaws that clearly have a common audience onto a boogieman of toxicity that does nothing to improve yourself or make you any more appetizing to users who have the issues.

I take you as multiple things, not always positive, but I don't take you as a coward, for you will at least express the thoughts even if they are criticized for being narrow or ill founded. To simply withdraw in the face of contrarian and clearly consistent feedback is to run away from the problem. Stop deflecting blame and see what you might do to reduce the impression. To blame everyone else and pull the 'well I'll leave' card is simply a step to prove your detractors right. Wouldn't it be more satisfying to prove them wrong?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Nothing here is directed towards you as a person - I received criticism for example on Comms Citizen application, which was just and due, and such is it here too. One of the virtues of the Curia is the higher standards. One can attack the content, though the intent and person behind it is good.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Updated the OP with suggested content.
    Excelllent, thanks. Support.

Better not add anything else.
    Last edited by mishkin; March 19, 2020 at 10:56 AM. Reason: unnecessary

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Added material to OP.

Moved to Vote here ....
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 24, 2020 at 05:52 PM.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I hate all of you

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

You can cancel it. As it's an illegitimate vote after all. We all would request you to take it to the voting stage again though. Just to spite you.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    You can cancel it. As it's an illegitimate vote after all. We all would request you to take it to the voting stage again though. Just to spite you.
    I'm on board with that
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

The call has been made then, Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

If it's an illegitimate vote the body has ways of shutting that whole thing down.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Since I am redoing the election thread, I will redo this one as well. Maybe you can wait to request move until a new consul is here so I don't have to move this to vote...ya cheeky gits, two curia related awards in one year....>_>

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

If you're not careful we'll give you a third one

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    Since I am redoing the election thread, I will redo this one as well. Maybe you can wait to request move until a new consul is here so I don't have to move this to vote...ya cheeky gits, two curia related awards in one year....>_>
    For neglecting your duties and assigning a curial task to someone not holding a position with that remit, you should be VonC'ed to.

That would make a fairly unique hatrick.

Blog Entries

No one's stopping you.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Ahh, no. I hold you in too high reguard personally.

Besides, you'd probably get a kick out of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast