Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Award] Hader for Curial Service Award

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default [Award] Hader for Curial Service Award

Author: Van Zandt
    Support: Morticia Iunia Bruti, Lifthrasir, Veteraan, Turkafinwe, z3n, Flinn, Leonardo

• Curial Service Award - To qualify for the Curial Service Award, the nominee must have served the Curia with distinction as a Citizen for at least six months.

Hader .... has provided significant influence to the Curia, and has been a cornerstone to the implementation of the reorganized Curia and its operations during his time as Counsel.

His most significant contribution was the proposal for reorganizing the Curia, the infamous "Order 66".

In the wake of this most significant reform, he has served three full terms as Counsel, a little over 12 months.

Counsel Election March 4, 2019.

Counsel Election July 30, 2019 .

Counsel Election December 4, 2019

In addition to posting elections and filling out reports, he set up the quarters for the newly created office of Praefect and composed an amusing training program, headed up by "HaderBot".

Let us show are appreciation by bestowing upon him the "Curial Service Award"!

..........................................................................................
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 20, 2020 at 06:05 PM. Reason: add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: [Award] Hader for Curial Service Award

But Hader deserves it.

"Support".
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Support

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I suppose I can support bestowing the curial service award upon this gentle soul.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Support

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for doing this VZ.

Easy support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

You could have added some information about the award and a slightly more detailed description of the work he has done.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Not Hader's fault, but it's a bit like giving an award to the guy who designed the life boats for the Titanic.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I mean there was nothing wrong with the lifeboats themselves I think they just didn't have enough?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I called dibs.

Was just waiting for his term to end
    Oh well, support. Surprisingly enough
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I mean there was nothing wrong with the lifeboats themselves I think they just didn't have enough?
    They had enough.

Hader likely deserves many awards for things he's actually done, being incumbent on a dead horse is not something worthy of an award others actually worked hard for. If he did, it's not mentioned in the proposal. As Mishkin said, more or less, the proposal is piss ing poor..

Opposed.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; March 17, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I do have to say that the proposal is quite lackluster indeed
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I do have to say that the proposal is quite lackluster indeed
    I actually checked the last Curial Service Award thread that I could find, General Brewster's. Other than a statement from the Constitution covering the definition of the Curial Service Award, there isnt much else there.

Suggestions that Hader's tenure has been uninvolved are uneducated nonsense. But its easy to make uninformed statements like that without doing any real research.

If this was a Divus or Phalera nomination I suspect you would list some postings, but for the work in the Curia that would seem rather monotonous. In any event Hader has performed is job admirably and has lent a solid direction for the reorganized institution after "Curial Order 66".

"I mean there was nothing wrong with the lifeboats themselves I think they just didn't have enough?"

Not enough space on the 20 life boats for all the passengers by a large margin (~50%).

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    I actually checked the last Curial Service Award thread that I could find, General Brewster's. Other than a statement from the Constitution covering the definition of the Curial Service Award, there isnt much else there. .
    That proposal was concise but at least indicated how long he had held the position (no more and no less than 16 months), and, what can be considered the minimum, as you say added a description of the award. Why didn't you bother including at least these two details? Literally that would have been just two lines. In your place, I would have added a third, pointing out his dedication in these times when very, very few people care that the curia continues to function.

Suggestions that Hader's tenure has been uninvolved are uneducated nonsense. But its easy to make uninformed statements like that without doing any real research.
    Uneducated nonsense? Is this how you receive different points of view?

As far as I am concerned, you can keep this proposal as it is, it will be approved, but I am surprised by so much laziness when you should be wanting to compliment a person whose work you appreciate.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    It is easy to deride others for uninformed statements after doing nothing to help inform people in a process once renowned for its efforts to put a candidate's best foot forwards. I'd have hoped to be the exception for forcing the audience to bend over backwards justifying something that has little face value from the opening post. Allow me to be the bender on this one and reference the sheer impact, for better or worse, of Order 66 and the fact Hader, despite the mad lad having a life, is one of a very scant few who reliably pull off curial functions these days as others write the section off. By precedence I wouldn't say it's the strongest case, but by the modern state and those achievements, it's a solid hit for me, and despite the 'gimme award' writing that somehow gives less to work with for the material behind it than my own citizenship application, I'd say it's worth giving it a go and saying support, even if the Curia has a long way to go in my book. Without him showing up I can only imagine it being more of a shadow than it currently is.

Some consideration for mishkin's point would be nice. I don't think this proposition had the best foot put forwards by any means, and I wish it had been posted by the gents who planned to do so after his term per convention, who likely would have given more substance, more amusement, or both. Not that the quote above isn't its own morbid form of amusement.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Hader has obviously bring back life from this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

To:

At least 3 new citizen applications and two new awards last one and a half month, more than in some years.

He obviously revitalized the Curia, even if it is in "His reforms go to far."

And i don't think Hader would enjoy a long, semifunny adulation.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 18, 2020 at 02:30 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

Tell us what measures Hader has taken to enhance patronage and awards.

- What Hader deserves: The award for a clean and responsible service at a time when nobody wanted or could take over the curia.

- What Hader does not deserve: A vague "give him the award" OP and a silly discussion. mishkin out.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's actually quite easy to find. It took me 5 minutes (see here for a quick summary).
    Hader made the Order 66 in February 2019 to reform the Curia while this institution was in a major crisis. He's been Consul since the end of March 2019, which give him almost 4 full terms in that position, keeping the Curia running despite the lack of activity.

Honestly, some members got that award for less than that by the past. Being opposed to this proposal just because VZ didn't expand much doesn't sound as a valid reason IMO.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 18, 2020 at 06:52 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    And i don't think Hader would enjoy a long, semifunny adulation.
    At the risk of mentioning him too much, I doubt a summary from mishkin provided a few times now is especially long or even attempts to be funny, yet gives something to work with as a reminder. Given the section's state these days one could practically be justified to forget even if they loosely followed the events.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast