Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Americas DLC] The Gods of Old America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [Americas DLC] The Gods of Old America

The Gods of Old America

We will be unusually using kingdom's official DLC Americas.

Will be also using my small hotseat patch enabling forts and slightly changing starting positions - DOWNLOAD LINK for the Hotseat Patch
    Credits to Gigantus for his kingdoms shortcuts patch.

Installation:
    - 0) (This step only if you dont have americas DLC) - Go to your steam library/Medieval II/Manage/Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of game Files - That will install your missing DLCs

- 1) Download the Hotseat Patch, and extract it into your americas folder.

- 2) To play americas, always use the launchers inside your americas folder. Dont launch it through steam.

Factions

The Aztec Empire - saleska2

Apachean Tribes - zender9
    Chichiceman Tribes - varrun_

Tarascans - captainnorway
    Tlaxclans - Jadli
    The Mayans - TulkashTheValiant

AI
    Spain
    France (arives between 5 and 15)
    England (arrives between turns 15 and 25)

ADMINS:
    HouseStarkFTW

Map preview
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rules

- Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension if needed ONLY If you ask for them. If you are late you will be skipped. After 24 hs with no response you will be skipped.You can come back and upload your turn but ONLY If the next player hasn't played his turn by then. It is adviced to get a subber, this subber may be from both inside or outside the game. He can know your PW and plans so he can sub you if you cant make it.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed. F.e. movement bug, naval attack spam, merchant stack/fort, agent stomping, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, etc
    - It is however allowed to spread plague.

- List of known bugs

Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

Diplomacy and AI rules
    - There can be only one winner, however the diplomacy is allowed
    - If your deals are posted in the thread, they will be binding. So for example if you post that you and your ally will have NAP (non attacking pact) for 10 turns, you cant break it. Or if you announce an alliance, it can be abandonded only if you poost that at least a turn in advance, that you abandon it.
    - You are allowed to make an alliance to an european faction, including ONLY trade rights, map information or military access.
    No money or regions demands. Only one native american faction can be allied to an european faction in the same time. If the european faction is already allied to other native american faction, you are not allowed to do any diplomacy. So if for example you are at war with such european faction, you are not allowed to sign ceasefire with them.

Military rules
    -No one turn peace. However you cant attack factions that havent played their turn yet.
    - No Warpath or anything crusade-like allowed.
    -
    All battles against other player must be autoresolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    - Battles against AI/rebels can be played manually
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.Armies standing in fortifications (fort/settlement) when defeated are excluded from this rule.

- You are not allowed to intentioanally loose a battle on your turn.
    - You are not allowed to construct watch towers. This is to prevent blocking the possible construction of forts.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement/fort to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 1 forts per region/per player, at least 6 units required to be stationed at each fort.

Agent rules
    - Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for capitals its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement is at least 1800+ soldiers (1200+ for capitals ), than a spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided. Capitals can be moved.
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 60% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided

- Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn.

Settlement rules

-In order to Destroy any buildings you must have held control of the settlement for at least 3 turns.
    - You may not destroy a building if the settlement is under siege or an overwhelming enemy force is 1 turn away.
    - You are allowed to destroy Temples of other religion immediately.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    -Whenever a settlement is gifted, disband all but 1 unit.
    Last edited by Jadli; March 23, 2020 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Update to rules

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Americas DLC] The Gods of Old America - OPEN SPOTS

If you have any suggestions, such as for inludiing european factions, just say so. Manual battles would be possible in this one, if majority wanted it

Ill balance starting positions a bit and also polish the rules to suit this DLC better if needed
    Last edited by Jadli; March 14, 2020 at 01:29 PM.

I'll take the Mayans!

I do think AR is the way to go here.

Hmmm, im an absolutely huge Aztec Empire fan but they feel so OP that I feel like I should take a different faction

Gaming Emeritus

I would play whatever is left if someone admins this

Actually Aztecs are pretty weak compared to others lol, ill take them!

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Apacheans. Lets conquer rebels for like 2months.

I propose that we remove the rule barring spies from spreading plague. Let art imitate life, ya know?

(a meme suggestion)

Pity all the interesting factions are taken but I'll take the Chichimecan tribes

Gaming Emeritus

They seem pretty interesting to me. All yours

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    They seem pretty interesting to me. All yours
    Sure, suppose I meant unique rosters. I'd originally thought the Chichimec unit roster was just the Apachean one minus Thunder Braves but it appears they do have some differences so thats good enough for me.

Gaming Emeritus

Seems we wil have no issues filling the spots so Ill divide Tarascans + Tlaxcalans unlike originally intended. I will balance factions a bit, for example Tlaxcalans will get a settlement or two from their eastern side

I'm here

Do we wanna mod in the ability to make forts or play without forts? Never played fortless HS so could be interesting imo

Gaming Emeritus

I have been looking into it and found out I might not be able to mod it in. But will try a bit more tomorrow

EDIT

I fixed it
    Last edited by Jadli; March 17, 2020 at 03:17 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, everything is is ready. HouseStarkFTW will be our admin and he will start the HS very shortly, so dont forget to rep him

You will need to download a small HS patch. Information about it is in the OP under "Installation" (OP is the first post with all the info). The patch just adds forts, and changes a bit the starting positions (see the map in the OP). The Aztecs start at war with Tarascans and Tlaxcalans, while Tlaxcalans are already allied to Spain. And also France and England shall arrive sooner.

This hotseat will be a bit different than you might be used to, due to nature of this DLC. You cant get any ships nor siege equipment. So naturally, diplomacy will play important role, as well as forting. I changed the rules a lot to reflect these features. Make sure to read all the rules again please, especially parts regarding Diplomacy, forting and agents. On the first turn you can of course attack rebels (and you can fight them manually). And common mistake, dont build any watchtowers, its forbidden!

Well, as you have noticed, I will be playing the Tlaxcalans, so if you dont like something of it, you can just crush my faction in the game

Good luck in the wars to come!

EDIT

And why not, lets allow spreading plague ...
    Last edited by Jadli; March 17, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [Americas DLC] The Gods of Old America

Alrighty then, saves up.

Aztecs - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xYUumAG2vFCS74KBVtIbwoTSyqQQt55O
    Last edited by HouseStarkFTW; March 17, 2020 at 12:54 PM.

Am playing now! Will be up asap

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bQ...60SAo7I8z2jNLF - Mayans
    Last edited by saleska2; March 18, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast