Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

Im away cant play, asked Chieftain but he is busy, so it might take till Sunday...

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

Aight, sorry for the delay. Got back yesterday evening.

Daggerfall up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/vq057y...ll_12.sav/file

Khajiit and bosmer armies completely obliterated! Joint aldmeri-khajiit fleet in Nibenay defeated. Bravil retaken with a trebuchet, killing pelletine Aran inside. Numerous battles happened in proximity of Skingrad and Fort Dirich - all bosmer and anequina armies defeated, including anequina Aran - Dirich and Skingrad under siege. Fort Sutch taken with a spy. PICS

1:2 - clear victoryI propose from next turn to introduce a rule prohibiting an attack with a ratio of forces less than 2: 3.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Gaming Emeritus

Well, you can also get clear defeats with 2:1 or more, AR is a bit more variable in TES than you might be used to ...

Anyways, forgot to mention, that The Bosmers (Xamax) broke the forting rule... You left two forts next to Skingrad with only 1 unit inside, while you need at least four... it didnt cause any extra issue for me this turn, thus I think its fine if you just fix your mistake next turn, by abandoning those forts

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Well, you can also get clear defeats with 2:1 or more, AR is a bit more variable in TES than you might be used to ...
    sure. The one who loves the save-load wins
    One of the hotseats forgot to add a power ratio limitation for auto-resolve, and my fleet was defeated at a 5:1 ratio. Great, yes
    To be honest, this seems terribly wrong to me.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Well, here to add more fuel to the fire then. As I recall naval AR has been more random than army on land AR, but here it's about 1300 vs 1600 so it's not really 1:2 odds either. You have a few more mid-tier units, but Wayrest also has a highest tier unit versus none of Aldmeri.

Anyways, New Orsinium taken from the Orcs, the siege on one of our forts lifted, whereas sadly we have to sacrifice some good men in the other. May they rest in peace!

Screenshots:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Tt?usp=sharing

Skyrim up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mRH...ew?usp=sharing
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Orcs up : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aUhclbMs5vOcUiPAl194v1M-5VHW3Ig0/view

Nothing major on my turn just movements and such.
    Last edited by Curtis_LeMay; September 24, 2020 at 06:31 AM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i was about to sub the orcs, but it appears curtis have uploaded the skyrim save

Dominion Aldmeri, turn 12

AI is beating us so far, but we are not giving up.
    The save was sent to our forest brothers.

Gaming Emeritus

We are not AI

Elsweyr Confederacy and Kingdom of Valenwood
    turn 12

I was able to win the fight at a ratio of 1:15, but I couldn't at a 1:1...something is wrong with the autoresolve
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7.16.18.60.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7.16.23.65.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...8.08.52.07.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7.59.23.56.png

Turn for tamrielian jekosiit the Tamriel Empire
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Tamriel_13.sav

Gaming Emeritus

Lol, come on guys, this battle is obviously bugged, shouldnt be allowed at all, admin should look into this...
    Last edited by Jadli; October 04, 2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Lol, come on guys, this battle is obviously bugged, shouldnt be allowed at all, admin should look into this...
    everything is according to the rules. Since you can use the beauty of autoresolve, then to the fullest Your AI has rebelled against you

Or did you mean a 1:1 fight?
    Last edited by youneuoy; October 04, 2020 at 01:51 PM.

I've looked into it, and as suspected the battle is like this because the defending unit has such a low unit count. so the defending unit is defeated before the reinforcements arrive (i think)

Jadli thinks that the 1:15 battle is bugged and should not be allowed, I disagree. But I would like to hear the opinion of all the players, so we can find a solution to the problem

Gaming Emeritus

Well, the bug is probably as you say due to the game determining that the attacking bosmer unit was able to defeat Bremman and his bodyguards before the reinformences led by Fadus arrived, which is a known bug that can happen in situations like this. It is also supported by the fact that Fadus lost zero men, so he didnt participate in the battle at all. Yet he retreated and lost movement points

Sure, you can have that battle, but I want admin to move Fadus back and restore his movement points , as he and his army could have never been defeated by one militia bosmer unit, with 1:15 odds its undoubtly impossible. You can of course also see that by attacking Fadus by that bosmer unit, and not Bremman, if that wasnt obvious (imho, he has movement points as Im first in turn order, but i want to move him to the original position and then restart his movement points).

I would also like to point out that on the previous turn when I saw that the bosmers broke the forting rule in 2 or 3 forts around Skingrad, I chose to ignore it and just sent message to Xamax to fix it on his turn, by disbanding them or filling them. And that is the sole reason you could now win the battles. Each fort was manned by one unit, and those are the only units of yours that didnt get defeated, because they were hidden inside. If you didnt break the rule, and either let those bosmer garisons join the bigger armies, they would have all been defeated, and thus you wouldnt be able to use them now for these battles. Or similarily, if you manned the fort properly on your previous turn, I would have besieged those forts, etc...

So yeah, apart from the fact that the battle is bugged and thus Fadus shouldnt have been routed, the reason this happened because you broke other rule previously which kept some of your men safe, hence you could use them. Thus its not nice of you using my leniency to gain an advantage you should have never had. As I said, the replay is not need, just lets let cap restore Fadus to his initial position... Good deal, isnt it?
    Last edited by Jadli; October 06, 2020 at 01:34 PM.

I don't mind bringing Fadus back)

fadus is restored

Gaming Emeritus

High Rock up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/czpbk1...ll_13.sav/file

Many and many battles again... Fort Dirich retaken, Skingrad under siege again, kept hunting anequina generals, took out half of Bravil besiegers including Lord Naarifin, defeated dominion ships several times, managed to sink the aldmeri 3-star admiral and took Dragonstar PICS